How can the war between Israel and Hamas ever end when so many schools in Gaza - run by a UN agency backed by our millions - teach children to hate Jews?

Just now, Brickleberry said:

I have followed him for years. Do you know why he says a two state solution is impossible? Because it is too late. He advocates for a one state solution, where every man and woman has a vote and is equal under the law. I agree with him. I am also in favor of a two state solution, based on the original 1948 borders.

Yawn.

Other than in fantasies, a one-state is a non-starter. Same goes for the 1948 lines.

It's all very well to hold fringe positions, it's another matter to make them popular, reasonable or doable.

I'm not really sure what point you were trying to make.

6 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Has anyone denied that it is true? Of course it is going to happen, there are over 30,000 Palestinian refugees working in this organization! Of course your gonna find plenty of examples. I certainly do not deny it is true.

Interesting to note you still have not commented on the confirmed reports that Israel is doing the same thing.

UNRWA denied various allegations along these lines for years.

Israel is not a UN body.

21 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Has anyone denied that it is true? Of course it is going to happen, there are over 30,000 Palestinian refugees working in this organization! Of course your gonna find plenty of examples. I certainly do not deny it is true.

Interesting to note you still have not commented on the confirmed reports that Israel is doing the same thing.

Do you have any links to show Israel are doing the same? I believe you. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Wait a minute, lets take a step back before you go through like a bull in a china shop. In the last response I had from you from another post regarding the tunnels you claimed that UNRWA closed them so had in fact dealt with them.

First you asked me if I was on drugs:

Are you on drugs? This is a report from the UNRWA reporting about events they found on UNRWA premises. How is this covering it up?

They found it, reported it and blocked the entrance to the tunnel. What is your complaint?

I pointed out to you the  a US official from the UN denied they had ever known about such tunnels, he was lying, do you acknowledge that or not? The video of him denying is in my post.

Once you acknowledge that I will then get on to this latest response from you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

How can the war between Israel and Hamas ever end when everything started with a genocide?

The Nakba: Five Palestinian towns massacred 75 years ago
Thousands of Palestinians were killed and tens of thousands expelled during and after the creation of the Israeli state in 1948.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/5/15/the-nakba-five-palestinian-towns-massacred-75-years-ago

Indeed. Some are saying it started Oct last year, which is obviously ridiculous.

What disturbs me is when Netanyahu says things like he did earlier this week, that he will continue with the war, even if the international court says to stop the killing. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Indeed. Some are saying it started Oct last year, which is obviously ridiculous.

What disturbs me is when Netanyahu says things like he did earlier this week, that he will continue with the war, even if the international court says to stop the killing. 

Netanyahu is a criminal 

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

Israeli Jews:
Palestinian children are taught to hate Jews.1
Palestinian Arabs:
Israeli children are taught to hate Palestinians Arabs.2

I'd say the majority of people only see one side, whether the Israeli side or the Palestinian side.  Both sides are Abraham religions whose core tenet is "And Eye For And Eye."  And as long as an apartheid state remains - it never ends.  There needs to be a one-state solution.

"Palestinian Arabs bad - Israeli Jews good."
"Israeli Jews bad - Palestinian Arabs good."
With the attitudes above?  There is no end to this.

The world is on the razor-edge of World War.  If the world continues to back that false dichotomy and turn their backs on diplomacy, well, those who are hoping for war will get the war that so many seem so eager to happen.  And if it blows-up in the Middle East / North Africa?  Then so goes the rest of the world.  You think you're safe in Thailand?  Think again.

I'm an anti-war US veteran and I don't have "a side" other than anti-genocide.  The killing has to stop on both sides, as well as the deliberate genocide - on all sides.

Sources (Search on the titles.  The articles can be found)
1.  Generation Hate: The Indoctrination of Palestinian Children
The Times Of Israel

2. It’s not shocking to see Israeli children celebrate the Gaza genocide: Israel has long been indoctrinating its children to believe Palestinians are less than human, and thus not worthy of empathy or compassion.
Al-Jazeera

Edited by connda
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, connda said:

Israeli Jews:
Palestinian children at taught to hate Jews.1
Palestinian Arabs:
Israeli children are taught to hate Palestinians Arabs.2

I'd say the majority of people only see one side, whether the Israeli side or the Palestinian side.  Both sides are Abraham religions whose core tenet is "And Eye Foe And Eye."  And as long as an apartheid state remains - it never ends.  There needs to be a one-state solution.

"Palestinian Arabs bad - Israeli Jews good."
"Israeli Jew bad - Palestinian Arabs good."
With the attitudes above?  There is no end to this.

The world is on the razor-edge of World War.  If the world continues to back that false dichotomy and turn their backs on diplomacy, well, those who are hoping for war will get the war that so many seem so eager to happen.  And if it blows-up in the Middle East / North Africa?  Then so goes the rest of the world.  You think you're safe in Thailand?  Think again.

I'm an anti-war US veteran and I don't have "a side" other than anti-genocide.  The killing has to stop on both sides, as well as the deliberate genocide - on all sides.

Sources (Search on the titles.  The articles can be found)
1.  Generation Hate: The Indoctrination of Palestinian Children
The Times Of Israel

2. It’s not shocking to see Israeli children celebrate the Gaza genocide: Israel has long been indoctrinating its children to believe Palestinians are less than human, and thus not worthy of empathy or compassion.
Al-Jazeera

How will a one-state solution solve things, given the existing levels of hatred? How will it even be possible to setup and maintain?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

How will a one-state solution solve things, given the existing levels of hatred? How will it even be possible to setup and maintain?

Diplomacy, which unfortunately seems to be a lost art. 

1 minute ago, connda said:

Diplomacy, which unfortunately seems to be a lost art. 

What does it have to do with what I posted?

Diplomacy will make the hatred go away? Do tell how.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you have any links to show Israel are doing the same? I believe you. 

Yes I posted the links in my response to BKK Brian. I think it is on page 2, a link from the Guardian and a link from Human Rights Watch. He keeps dodging the point, even though I've called him out on it three times now.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brickleberry said:

Yes I posted the links in my response to BKK Brian. I think it is on page 2, a link from the Guardian and a link from Human Rights Watch. He keeps dodging the point, even though I've called him out on it three times now.

In your dreams. Try speaking to me directly

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wait a minute, lets take a step back before you go through like a bull in a china shop. In the last response I had from you from another post regarding the tunnels you claimed that UNRWA closed them so had in fact dealt with them.

First you asked me if I was on drugs:

Are you on drugs? This is a report from the UNRWA reporting about events they found on UNRWA premises. How is this covering it up?

They found it, reported it and blocked the entrance to the tunnel. What is your complaint?

I pointed out to you the  a US official from the UN denied they had ever known about such tunnels, he was lying, do you acknowledge that or not? The video of him denying is in my post.

Once you acknowledge that I will then get on to this latest response from you.

Wait a minute, I read the links you supplied.

Both links you supplied are UNRWA, there are no links to a US official from the UN denying they ever knew about such tunnels. The fact that the links you provided, and the statements made are from the UNRWA demolishes your argument.

There is no video in your post. Perhaps you didn't copy the right link? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In your dreams. Try speaking to me directly

I have, multiple times.

Furthermore, your accusation that I said they had closed all of the tunnels prior to your post is factually incorrect. It was in my response to your links that I said this.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

Maintaining such a solution would require overcoming deep resentment and mistrust, which would need a delicate negotiation process. Addressing issues such as the right of return for Palestinian refugees, the status of Jerusalem, and the disposition of settlements would be particularly tricky, but possible. Reconciliation , education, and efforts to promote cross-cultural understanding would be vital.

International support and mediation would play a crucial role in facilitating the transition.

Both parties must compromise, build trust, and embrace a shared vision of coexistence, acknowledging the challenges that lie ahead. Israel are hardly helping the process right now, Hamas hardly helped last Oct, Israel hardly helped in the last 15 years..... etc.....

Sorry, no source, before you rudely ask. 

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

I have, multiple times.

Furthermore, your accusation that I said they had closed all of the tunnels prior to your post is factually incorrect. It was in my response to your links that I said this.

Multiple times eh. Links to those multiple posts..........

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its true that Palestinians kids are taught to hate Jews/Israelis , both in school and at home .

Israeli kids are not taught to hate Palestinians , Israeli kids and Palestinian kids will be going to School together in Israel .

It has been well documented that Palestinian kids are taught to hate Jews from a young age , Palestinians /Al-Jaazerra  respond to those reports by trying to portray Israeli Jewish children being taught similar thighs , which is just untrue .

The hatred comes from the Palestinian side

Really? Come on. Did you not read the earlier links supplied that proves Israel does exactly the same thing?

Do you really think it is even remotely believable that the hatred is only coming from one side?

Is this why the Israeli government refers to them as Amalek and human animals?

Is this why they have been carrying weapons around since 1996 in the West Bank?

Is this why they have been evicting and murdering Palestinians in the West Bank for decades?

Is this why Palestinians have been denied a state for 75 years?

Is this why they lock up women and kids in administrative detention without charge?

Is this why Palestinians in ambulances wait at least an hour - with NO CUE or TRAFFIC for IDF soldiers to let them through the check points to hospital?

Because Israel holds no hate in its heart for Palestinians?

Please... the hatred is on both sides, and it is well documented.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Really? Come on. Did you not read the earlier links supplied that proves Israel does exactly the same thing?

Do you really think it is even remotely believable that the hatred is only coming from one side?

Is this why they have been evicting and murdering Palestinians in the West Bank for decades?

Is this why they lock up women and kids in administrative detention without charge?

Is this why Palestinians in ambulances wait at least an hour - with NO CUE or TRAFFIC for IDF soldiers to let them through the check points to hospital?

Does Israel do the same as this?

• Thumbs Up 2

South Africa is the prime example of how two cultures and ethnicities who literally hated each other can eventually resolve their differences and live together.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it is exponentially better then the days of Apartheid South Africa which I remember well. 

It takes strong leaders who are willing to negotiate and work together for a peaceful society.  What is needed - right now - is the Israeli and Palestinian equivalents of F. W. de Klerk and Nelson Mandela and the backing of the entire world to find a solution for all stakeholders.

A peaceful solution to this horror can be found, but not with the extremists on both side unwilling to negotiate in good faith.  Only rational, cool minds will prevail.

Edited by connda

3 minutes ago, connda said:

South Africa is the prime example of how two cultures and ethnicities who literally hated each other can eventually resolve their differences and live together.  Is it perfect?  No.  But it is exponentially better then the days of Apartheid South Africa which I remember well. 

It takes strong leaders who are willing to negotiate and work together for a peaceful society.  What is need is the Israeli and Palestinian equivalents of F. W. de Klerk and Nelson Mandela.

A peaceful solution to this horror can be found, but not with the extremists on both side unwilling to negotiate in good faith.

Do you think Hamas needs to be dismantled first and the hostages released along with ceasefire before a solution can be achieved?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

I was talking about the kids and what Children are taught in schools at a young age .

But responding to your first point , Netanyahu referred to Hamas as "Amalek" , the Hamas attackers of Oct 7 th , and the Amalek were a ancient group of people who also attacked Jews .

So you are wrong about your claim that the Israeli Government refers to Palestinians as "human animals" 

BTW, could you tell me where the read about your claim ?

Was it Al-Jaazera ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Yes, what do you think the IDF is? They recruit and train from 17 years and up.

Troll, this is the Hamas terrorists training children in schools to be terrorists and murder Jews.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Yes, what do you think the IDF is? They recruit and train from 17 years and up.

Israel recruits soldiers to repel those people in the video .

Those Palestinian kids with guns will soon be attacking Israel and Israel needs to be prepared 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I was talking about the kids and what Children are taught in schools at a young age .

But responding to your first point , Netanyahu referred to Hamas as "Amalek" , the Hamas attackers of Oct 7 th , and the Amalek were a ancient group of people who also attacked Jews .

So you are wrong about your claim that the Israeli Government refers to Palestinians as "human animals" 

BTW, could you tell me where the read about your claim ?

Was it Al-Jaazera ?

Nope, an American source. It has been very well documented by several media outlets, and it is a central part of the ICJ court case that SA put to the court. 

I also pointed out what Israel teaches its kids in schools, there is a guardian link and Human rights watch link on page 2 of this thread that proves Israel does exactly the same thing.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-defense-minister-human-animals-gaza-palestine_n_6524220ae4b09f4b8d412e0a

Israeli Defense Minister Announces Siege On Gaza To Fight ‘Human Animals’

Defense Minister Yoav Gallant called for denying Palestinian people electricity, food, water and fuel as Israel continues its bombardment of Gaza.