A new freeze in transatlantic relations....

38 minutes ago, nikmar said:

ok - I ll start....

Americans wouldnt know a cup of tea if it s*** in their hair!!

I've been in America multiple times, and did not see any tea which was not in a teabag.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

An American scientist has outraged the British by suggesting their tea would be better with a pinch of salt.

Fault lays  with both sides.  

As Americans should know not to offer advice to a people so advances with the culinary arts as the British. 

The British should know that any advice from the Americans  is taken with a pinch of salt. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Fault lays  with both sides.  

As Americans should know not to offer advice to a people so advances with the culinary arts as the British. 

The British should know that any advice from the Americans  is taken with a pinch of salt. :tongue:

A nation which has cold pork pies and cabbage boiled until it is grey as examples of their culinary mastery?????

Next, you'll be telling me spotted dick is cordon bleu cuisine.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A nation which has cold pork pies and cabbage boiled until it is grey as examples of their culinary mastery?????

Next, you'll be telling me spotted dick is cordon bleu cuisine.

You my friend is to much of Philistine to appreciate the intricacies if boiled cabbage 

Still trying to decipher the code contained in the "spotted dick"  comment , but I assure you my good man that though flattered at the suggestion, sadly I am a happily married man. :tongue:

Edited by sirineou

Tregothnan Earl Grey with a slicette of lemon. Being a heathen, in a mug. 

For those not familiar with Tregothan, it's Cornish, as in the tea bushes are actually grown in Cornwall, England. Admittedly it is blended with some Assam and Darjeeling due to volume constraints. Unlike a famous northern county that just grounds the leaves, wacks them in small porous sealed bags and pretends it's home grown.

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've been in America multiple times, and did not see any tea which was not in a teabag.

It's because it's still at the bottom of Boston Harbour ( or Harbor if you're American). 

• Haha 1

I did have to admire the embassy's humorous response, maybe the Government does have a sense of humor....

The embassy added that it “will continue to make tea in the proper way — by microwaving it.”

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Love It 1

14 minutes ago, Keeps said:

You've got some front, I'll give you that! You have the audacity to make the above comment whilst previously posting that you think Lipton's passes as tea.  

Being Australian, we always have front when dealing with Brits. You are probably unfamiliar with billy tea.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You my friend is to much of Philistine to appreciate the intricacies if boiled cabbage 

Still trying to decipher the code contained in the "spotted dick"  comment , but I assure you my good man that though flattered at the suggestion, sadly I am a happily married man. :tongue:

When on a station, I used to make garlic yabbies with rice and cabbage. Everyone came back for seconds.

Cabbage is at its best when infused with other flavors. IMO boiling it is barbarism.

Nothing salacious was meant, although I do wonder about toad in the hole.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

One British poster has responded by saying Britain does not need advice from a country that makes cheese in a can.

cheese in a can? love it... whats the problem?  ; )

but salt in coffee, or tea? what on earth are the thinking?

2 minutes ago, Peabody said:

A GRAIN of salt. Smaller than a pinch!  :)

When it comes to British cuisine, never mind  a grain, I was being generous offering a pinch :tongue:

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

cheese in a can? love it... whats the problem?  ; )

but salt in coffee, or tea? what on earth are the thinking?

You obviously have not thought about what ghastly processes were used to get the cheese into the can, and then propel it back out.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

You obviously have not thought about what ghastly processes were used to get the cheese into the can, and then propel it back out.

Not our fault you can't get your  cheese in a can. Perhaps if you applied yourself more you'll have more  success. 

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

Americans wouldnt know a cup of tea if it s*** in their hair!!

That’s for damn sure, as an American I have never attended a frik’n stuffy British flamingo tea party. I’m a coffee doser, straight black and strong to get me zipping in the morning. I hope you enjoy your s*** in the hair flamingo tea

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

lollllllllllllllllllllll I worked in a cold cut (hot dog) factory when I was younger... nothing surprises me nor disgusts me anymore. Couldnt eat hot dogs for a year after that summer time job.... the smell seemed to be everywhere. I remember getting the boxes of frozen beef hearts and leftover chicken with their feathers still on... no... we did not clean any of it per factory practice... so... cheese in a can? What me worry???   lol

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

An American scientist has outraged the British by suggesting their tea would be better with a pinch of salt.

https://www.thenewdaily.com.au/news/world/us-news/2024/01/25/us-brews-storm-tea-advice-uk?acid=3976399

One British poster has responded by saying Britain does not need advice from a country that makes cheese in a can.

In Richard McKenna's novel, "The Sand Pebbles", mention is made of America's favorite drink, coffee, being made with a pinch of salt, so-called black gang coffee.

As an Australian bystander, I await further developments.

I don't drink Tea at all I hate it. 

1 minute ago, still kicking said:

I don't drink Tea at all I hate it. 

Good to know!!

Note to self  .

Scratch the kicking guy off the tea party invitation. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

I drink Yorkshire tea....brilliant stuff, I think I'll have a cuppa now, it';s just past 4 o' clock.

I like the Waitrose Gold blend teabags, nice and strong for a morning starter.