Biden Widens Lead over Trump in New Poll, Gender Gap Widens

Social Media

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Using the National Guard to control looting at CVS would be a very bizarre and extreme act. 

I was in a CVS a couple of weeks ago buying laundry detergent and they have the big bottles of Tide locked up with a chain and lock. I think the security guards should be allowed to take whatever action they see fit. 

I've told this story before.  I have a brother-in-law in the US who is actually a manager at a Virginia CVS store.  He has been told by the local police to not call them unless someone steals more than $150 in merchandise.  They cannot be bothered to respond.  Get lost.  Don't waste your dime--we won't answer.  Don't even try; nobody's home.  You're on your own with all those thefts and good luck.  Hence, the merchandise under lock and key.  The state of the US today.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Using the National Guard to control looting at CVS would be a very bizarre and extreme act. 

I was in a CVS a couple of weeks ago buying laundry detergent and they have the big bottles of Tide locked up with a chain and lock. I think the security guards should be allowed to take whatever action they see fit. 

Good Grief- do you really think shoplifting is what I'm referring to? Or what world do you live ? Unbelievable 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 hours ago, newnative said:

I've told this story before.  I have a brother-in-law in the US who is actually a manager at a Virginia CVS store.  He has been told by the local police to not call them unless someone steals more than $150 in merchandise.  They cannot be bothered to respond.  Get lost.  Don't waste your dime--we won't answer.  Don't even try; nobody's home.  You're on your own with all those thefts and good luck.  Hence, the merchandise under lock and key.  The state of the US today.  

There's no doubt that it's a very broken nation and it is on the decline. Perhaps somewhat akin to Rome in the year 460 AD before the Visogoths marched in and sacked the city.

Security guards should be able to take these things into their own hands and act as they please, beating down the criminals to whatever extent they like. Of course that'll never happen but that's what should happen. Let's have some fun! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, uttradit said:

A NY Times poll had Trump 4% ahead of Biden in November. One of the more accurate polls.

Siena College conducts polls for the NY Times.

https://scri.siena.edu/2020/11/01/the-new-york-times-siena-college-battleground-polls-arizona-florida-pennsylvania-wisconsin/

https://scri.siena.edu/2020/10/20/the-new-york-times-siena-college-national-poll-biden-leads-trump-50-41/

No 4% leads for Trump.

Edited by Danderman123

6 minutes ago, uttradit said:

I don't think so. Most people make up their minds early. Unless Biden or Trump drop out.

Can you back up your opinion by showing early polls being accurate in previous presidential campaigns?

Spoiler alert: early polls are useless.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Can you back up your opinion by showing early polls being accurate in previous presidential campaigns?

Spoiler alert: early polls are useless.

There were some in 2015/2016 but I'm not going digging. I'm going out.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

So, all that "Sleepy Joe" talking points was just more MAGA accusation confession it seems.

Trump's declining 'mental capacity' is now his greatest weakness

Donald Trump's repeated gaffes and slurring during his speeches and public appearances has opened the door for former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) to make inroads into cutting into his support as the two battle for the GOP's 2024 presidential nomination, and one GOP strategist claims his declining mental capacity is fair game.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-mental-decline-2667160383

10 hours ago, newnative said:

Totally agree.  I never saw the need even from the get-go and it's certainly not needed or wanted now, except possibly by Republicans.  It has literally turned US Presidential elections into travesties where only the 'swing' states are deemed important and 'safe' states are pretty much ignored by the candidates.

Ludicrous that the will of the voters was ignored in 2016--two million more voters wanted Clinton over Trump and a handful of votes in a few states were able to flip the cursed Electoral College.  Another handful of votes here and there and Trump could have won in 2020, even though he lost the popular vote by 7 million.   Madness.   Ditto for the 2000 election with Gore getting more votes than Bush--we would have been spared 8 years of the Cheney presidency.  Time for US presidential elections to listen to the voters and not the cursed EC--the voters are usually right.

You earned a trophy for "The Cheney presidency".

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 3:22 PM, rice555 said:

One cherry picked poll does not make a race...

https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest-polls

Thats a bingo!

i was watching Megan Kelly with Newt G , she mentioned the same thing!

Outlier Quinipiac ! The main thing is Trump is crushing [Biden] in 

Battle ground states according to their report polls

Edited by stats
trolling nickname removed
  • Haha 1

Where the jobs are: Strong hiring in most industries has far outpaced high-profile layoffs

So, how are both occurring at the same time? It’s not as contradictory as it might seem. Recent job cuts have been concentrated mainly in just a few sectors: technology, finance and media.

Relative to the U.S. labor force of 160 million people, layoffs so far have been dwarfed by consistently vigorous hiring — a monthly average of 248,000 jobs added over the past six months. The unemployment rate is still just 3.7%, barely above a 50-year low.

https://apnews.com/article/jobs-hiring-layoffs-unemployment-economy-inflation-29028a515cfd6250f3588254e77e6922

• Thumbs Up 1

This is going to be the weirdest and definitely the dirtiest election in American history, Normal rules do not apply. Polls this early should be ignored in general but especially now,

Why?

Trump might not be the nominee.

Why?

Health (he's deteriorating rapidly) or they might drop him based on felony convictions.

Biden might not be the nominee.

Why?

Health. He doesn't appear to be getting any worse as Trump does but he ain't getting any younger either.

But still probably the dreaded Trump vs. Biden rematch.

But.

There are multiple threats of third party runs that if they happen are generally very threatening to Joe Biden rather than Trump.

Remember if no candidate reaches 270 then it goes to the house and each state gets one vote.

Based on the current and likely composition of the house after the election, Trump wins. No insurrection needed.

But wait.

There's more.

Much more.

If Trump loses he will never concede the loss. Anyone that doesn't realize that by now is living under a rock.

His operatives will be ready to do anything including start a civil war to make him president if he loses.

Why?
He has nothing to lose.

He mainly wants to stay out of jail. 

He respects no rules or laws.

He will try anything and his fascist maga cult is with him on that.

So people are acting like this is a normal election. That, folks, is INSANE. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 4:49 AM, Danderman123 said:

These early polls are worthless.

They provide enough revenue to tide the polling companies over the dry spell before the campaigns heat up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This is going to be the weirdest and definitely the dirtiest election in American history, Normal rules do not apply. Polls this early should be ignored in general but especially now,

Why?

Trump might not be the nominee.

Why?

Health (he's deteriorating rapidly) or they might drop him based on felony convictions.

Biden might not be the nominee.

Why?

Health. He doesn't appear to be getting any worse as Trump does but he ain't getting any younger either.

But still probably the dreaded Trump vs. Biden rematch.

But.

There are multiple threats of third party runs that if they happen are generally very threatening to Joe Biden rather than Trump.

Remember if no candidate reaches 270 then it goes to the house and each state gets one vote.

Based on the current and likely composition of the house after the election, Trump wins. No insurrection needed.

But wait.

There's more.

Much more.

If Trump loses he will never concede the loss. Anyone that doesn't realize that by now is living under a rock.

His operatives will be ready to do anything including start a civil war to make him president if he loses.

Why?
He has nothing to lose.

He mainly wants to stay out of jail. 

He respects no rules or laws.

He will try anything and his fascist maga cult is with him on that.

So people are acting like this is a normal election. That, folks, is INSANE. 

Biden looks almost dead. Piling on the makeup. Trump looks 10 years younger.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1