British man arrested in Bangkok for buying sex from underage girls in Hua Hin

webfact

17 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

Case thrown out of court due to clean hands.  The premises and women had been inspected, taxed and okayed by the Thai government.

Clean hands is a doctrine that states that a party seeking relief in a court of law must have acted in good faith and without any wrongdoing themselves. Essentially, it means that a person cannot ask the court for help or protection if they have engaged in unethical or illegal behavior related to the matter at hand.

Mr. James you are due an apology and are free to go.

Hahahaha that's funny.  Not sure they have a "clean hands doctrine" here since prostitute isnt legal to start with but ignored for enforcement. Then throw in the underage aspect and your pretty much guilty. 

• Agree 1

I'm wondering if he was a school teacher it seems over the past coupler weeks British teachers are the ones that have been arrested playing with under age kids these people need to be removed from society and given lengthy prison sentences then thrown out of the country but let's not forget the Russians coming here and setting up illegal business and extortion cases, driving drunk and killing kids and not being held accountable for there actions like the women in this video clip, killing 2 kids and nothing done to her, anyone want to comment on why she should go free without being locked up???? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Pharoticus said:

And you've ended up in Thailand rather than, say, Singapore or Monaco or Portugal or Argentina. 

Thailand is for losers. You have indeed been harmed by your experiences. 

You have my sympathies. 

lol so true.

so many hunsum playa men end up in this smog infested s-hole livin' the dream in a condo you can't even swing a cat, let alone a barely legal gf

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

I'm wondering if he was a school teacher it seems over the past coupler weeks British teachers are the ones that have been arrested playing with under age kids these people need to be removed from society and given lengthy prison sentences then thrown out of the country but let's not forget the Russians coming here and setting up illegal business and extortion cases, driving drunk and killing kids and not being held accountable for there actions like the women in this video clip, killing 2 kids and nothing done to her, anyone want to comment on why she should go free without being locked up???? 

Thais make the laws. Other people should mind their own business.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Thai people also tend to refer to their age as a year more than it is due to them referring to their age as the age they are turning in any particular year. A seventeen year old in their eighteenth year will consider themselves eighteen. Again this is something that you learn with time, it is unlikely a tourist would know this.

With certainty, if you ask a girl who is 17 years and x months how old she is she will say 18. It's not a lie it's just how they think. Which I suppose could make sense especially if she's 17 years and 7 months as she's more 18 that 17 anyway

I remember hearing about a farang in Pattaya I think it was years ago who was thinking of banging a 17 year old who claimed to be 18 and whose ID card showed her as 17 so he asked a policeman if she was old enough to which the very Thai reply was said to have been "Yes she is but not yet". 

Simon

• Confused 2

Its an old police scam . The girls are probably legal age. Pay now farang!

I never go near bars in Thailand.

Alot of the gogo bar girls are actually boys who have had a partial sex change or full cut n tuck.

I saw a  pic of a well known beer bar and staff in Pattaya. Of the 20 'pretty bargirls' on closer inspection atleast 6 or 7 were katoeys.

The British have no idea. They cant tell the difference thats why they get into so much trouble in Thailand.

They should stay in Spain were there are atleast great fish n chip shops.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Lock him up and throw away the key, we don't want English nonces in Hua Hin, 

Are you saying those from other countries are welcome there?

44 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

I'm wondering if he was a school teacher

Yesterday, there was an individual of the same name showing as a PE teacher on the web site of an international school in Bangkok. Not on the web site today.

Innocent until guilty etc, and for every bad apple there are probably 99 decent hard working teachers who get tarred by the same brush.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

English, not Scots. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

I've worked with two nonces, both were americans. 

One was called Prowler ! 

Ha ha - you're all Brits

18 hours ago, carlyai said:

Great. So how do you know you have a underaged woman?

If in doubt, stay away. No grown man should be messing about with a girl young enough to be their daughters. It's really that simple. 

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

this is legal?

To work in a bar, I thought the girls had to be 20 or over?

So a tourist going into such a bar would expect the girls to be, well obviously over 18?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I have lived in Hua Hin.
As I arrived there, it was before Thailand opened to tourism again and dropped quarantine, PCR tests and other covid measures.

It was also before war started in Ukraine.

Hua Hin was very pleasant and peaceful.

Short after, north european entitled retirees, anglo-saxon parasites and uneducated slavonic people came en masse!

And guess what? Things started to go downhill there!

I would also bet, that Brit is only one among others...

12 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

If in doubt, stay away. No grown man should be messing about with a girl young enough to be their daughters. It's really that simple. 

The entire forum would shut down. 

• Haha 2

Dont forget the police mafia have been involved in trafficking girls for decades mostly to BKK brothels. Cops used to own alot of bars in Patpong.

Id be surprised if there are many underage girls in Pattaya dueto the  constant media attention.

Most isan teens are still married to their sweetheart as well.

Old farangs are just ATM'S to Thais.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

This is going to be an interesting court case.

First Question

How many people here when they get a girl for a short time ask her for ID?

If the legal age to work in a bar is 18, then the assumption that we all make is that the girls are 18 or older and have an ID that says so.

The question then becomes, did he know that they were under 18, and can they prove that he did?

When we were younger, we had all known people, male and female, who had fake IDs to get into bars.   Unless the girl told you her age, you would never know if she was 16-20 in a lot of cases, especially here in Thailand.

Men should date women not girls.

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Grown men should be staying well away from 18 year oldish girls. How sad. 

19 hours ago, carlyai said:

If you are a visitor and not a regular at the bar scene, how would you know a girl is underage?

So you pop into a bar for a drink, have a few, then expected to know if a girl (first of all, is a girl, then is under or over 18 years old [if that is the age].

I was in Manilla staying at this hotel and 2 young Americans were having a great time, then I didn't see them for about a week, then They came in one morning and quickly left.

Seems they met some girls at the local Mac cafe.

2 am in the morning so said non-uniform, gun toting undercover police took them out of the hotel and kept them for ransom because the girls from the Mac cafe were underage.

They had to withdraw money from their ATM for the police then off to the airport. 

Boy were they scared.

As most well adjusted, mentally stable males have no need to procure female companionship. Most do it the traditional way, date a bit, get to know the person, establish a relationship, get married or common in law, start a family etc, etc.

The other 5% of males who are not mentally stable, or unable to establish a normal relationship, procure women via financial transactions via bars, online websites etc, and do run the risk of engaging the services of someone underage.

So to answer your question "how would one know someone is underage" one wouldn't, but most of us wouldn't be caught up in this situation as we are well adjusted and mentally stable.

• Haha 1