Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So ,  just to clarify , you are an anti Zionist /Anti Jew and you wear a T-Shirt with Adolf Hitler on it ?

Why do you write this cr4p.

Once again you have conveniently missed the point to suit your own agenda.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, retarius said:

I might be wrong here, but I had imagined that the Orthodox Jews were the zionists. When I lived in the US I had many, many Jewish friends and acquaintances, almost all were Reform whom, I understood for them, were much more liberal in outlook than Orthodox. Is this not true? 

@retarius

You mean you hate a people, and a religion, and don't know much about them? How surprising.

Most Orthodox Jews are not Zionist. Some are actually anti-Zionist.

Reform Jews are sometimes Zionists, and sometimes not.

Learn what the terms you use mean, maybe?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

I met an Israeli lady last summer, here to see her musician daughter perform. She told me that she is one of hundreds of thousands of Jewish Israelis actively protesting against the actions of their Zionist government.

I was with a Jewish friend who also loathes the actions of Netanyahu's government - we all hugged when we said goodbye. 

It's not anti-Semitism - and it never was, any more than protesting against Hitler was anti- Caucasian or anti-Christian.

It's not pro-Hamas or pro-terrorism. It's pro- people being able to lead peaceful lives without being shot or bombed in their (hospital) beds. 

Anyone that supports the right of Israel to exist and defend itself is a Zionist.

You don't even know the definition of Zionist. 

The Israeli government is the Israeli government. Zionism includes the lady you hugged too almost definitely 

You are taking about right wing policies that you and many others including Israelis and diaspora Jews oppose.

Such policies don't define Zionism.

Such people are Zionists but so are liberal Zionists.

Words matter.

The I'm against Zionism but not Jews  is very often used as political cover.

You may well be pro Zionist yourself. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

No wonder you call yourself a "moron " , you suffer from "selective" reading .......

Wait for it ....

I stated Left wing groups such as ..Greens , Antifa ..Gay groups ,

...they have never spoke out against the religion of peace but protest against Christians and Jews !

I identify as greener than spirulina. And Antifa. And I support gay groups while being a white hetero male of WASP descent. It's your anti left delusionment kicking in. What the right doesn't understand is that the left are not team players in the ways that the right is extremely so inclined.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

How many of the 27,000+ were Hamas? How many were 'untargeted' civilians. How many were killed in the south after Israel demanded they move south to 'safety'. The very fact also that Israel was able to cut off just about everything to citizens of Gaza was exactly what the Hamas attack was about. Israel are occupiers of land that belonged to the Palestinians, and this cartoon illustrates perfectly what the conflict is about.

Still, interesting to see you supporting and trying to justify mass murder.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 171550.png

Oh, look....another I'm-not-an-antisemite poster uses a propaganda meme depicting Israel as a dog. Cute.

Some people are into historical facts, other prefer cartoons....

9 minutes ago, novacova said:

It is in case you’ve forgotten. It’s worth remembering that Jews residing in foreign countries outside of Israel that have no affiliation with the Israeli government are being criticized, insulted and attacked just for being Jewish in the last few months, most of which is coming from the misled so-called peace loving leftist who in fact have always been on the wrong side of history, time and time again.

No I haven't forgotten, my comment is exactly about what you are highlighting, criticism for what is going on in Gaza attaches to the state of Israel and supporters of Netanyahu's government, and not for example to someone living in London who happens to be Jewish.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You conveniently left out 1967 ... 'Six Day War'

Where Israel was the aggressor, and even tried to sink the USS Liberty when they got caught being so, as against the US policy to supply 'defensive' military aid.

And why I will never accept israil as a trusted ally.  Killing those that supported you, just doesn't sit right with me, and why I hate ALL FOREIGN AID.

I did not 'leave out' anything. The poster made a blanket statement about Israel always  being the aggressor. I demonstrated this is not the case.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This guy working outside a 7-11 in the Philippines didn't have a problem ...........

PS. IMHO all religions are murderous (maybe not Buddhists).

IMG_20160817_195204 (1).jpg

Read the post I was replying to. If the guy in the pic was stressing that he doing so in a residential/work environment with a large Jewish presence, you might have a point. Somehow don't think it's the case.

As for Buddhists - Muslims in Myanmar say hi. Do them events make all Buddhists, or the Buddhist religion (yeah, yeah...'it's not a religion', whatever) 'murderous''?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Why do you write this cr4p.

Once again you have conveniently missed the point to suit your own agenda.

Or maybe he's familiar with poster's posting history and views.

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

No I haven't forgotten, my comment is exactly about what you are highlighting, criticism for what is going on in Gaza attaches to the state of Israel and supporters of Netanyahu's government, and not for example to someone living in London who happens to be Jewish.

But Jews, in London, Europe and elsewhere are being targeted with hate and violence stemming from such protests and sentiments. Antisemitic incidents are on the rise. And even the reports on them protest usually include clear instances of such. Same can be seen on these topics, where labels are often used without care (or worse, intentionally).

• Like 1

Since I have commented on this thread I want to make my philosophy clear. I believe all religions are a man made construct based on fables written to convey legitimacy to nothing other than another social power grab. A precursor to democratic governments if you will, and why religions are so closely associated with government. That said, I absolutely support the right of any person to worship any god they choose. 

That people invoke religion to justify killing and land conquest infuriates me. It is racism, pure and simple. Goes for every religion.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You conveniently left out 1967 ... 'Six Day War'

Where Israel was the aggressor, and even tried to sink the USS Liberty when they got caught being so, as against the US policy to supply 'defensive' military aid.

And why I will never accept israil as a trusted ally.  Killing those that supported you, just doesn't sit right with me, and why I hate ALL FOREIGN AID.

After an investigation by both Israel and the USA , both Countries conducted an enquiry and they both came to the conclusion that it was a mistake by Israel and that is wasn't a deliberate attack on a USA boat

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wasn't there 300 000 Iraqi civilians  killed by the USA and allied forces in the Iraq war ?

I don't remember the number. I know the USA refused to even try to count them.

I think the huge difference here is that the USA didn't try to move people out of Iraq. But Israel... 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Morch said:

If Israel was about what you claim - there would be no warnings, no time to evacuate, and a whole lot more casualties. As usual you go for hyperbole.

The Israeli government must from time to time at least pretend they care. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

But Jews, in London, Europe and elsewhere are being targeted with hate and violence stemming from such protests and sentiments. Antisemitic incidents are on the rise. And even the reports on them protest usually include clear instances of such. Same can be seen on these topics, where labels are often used without care (or worse, intentionally).

Which is wrong.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No

Netanyahu said more than once Israel will continue with the war. 

Do you have a link to that ?

That Israel will continue fighting once Hamas has been defeated and wiped out and all the hostages released ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Morch said:

Oh, look....another I'm-not-an-antisemite poster uses a propaganda meme depicting Israel as a dog. Cute.

Some people are into historical facts, other prefer cartoons....

The cartoon depicts the historical facts of the reason for the conflict. Or perhaps you're also okay with occupation of a country as well as being okay with 27.000+ deaths.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't remember the number. I know the USA refused to even try to count them.

I think the huge difference here is that the USA didn't try to move people out of Iraq. But Israel... 

Were any Palestinian moved out of the Gaza Strip during the current war?

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No

Netanyahu said more than once Israel will continue with the war. 

He said, on various instances, that the war will continue until Hamas is defeated, removed. destroyed, no longer a threat and so on.

There was nothing said about continuing the war beyond that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's become epidemic but it's not new.

Look at any youtube video that mentions anything about Jews and that includes Israel because Israel is certainly about Jews, and you will ALWAYS find many comments that would give Hitler a woodie.

Also you will see that such Jew hate posts tend to get a massive amount of likes.

I'm not talking about subtle or borderline hatred either. 

This is a fact of life.

I wish it wasn't but it is.

Again it is NOT new.

Refer to the book -- Jews Don't Count.

This has exploded since October 7.

The majority of anti comments refer to Zionism rather than  Semitism or Jews . There is a big difference , Zionism is a political movement which conveniently hides behind Judaism , Jews have been known around the world to fight injustices , South Africa is an example , many Jews in the anti Apartheid movement .

Zionism is to Judaism what Hamas is to Palestinians , it is a cancer that needs to be removed.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Israeli government must from time to time at least pretend they care. 

More of your weak nonsense.

The warnings, time given to evacuate and civilians not being targeted are constant features of this war.

Spin it as much as you like, this war is not against the Gazans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Couldn't care less who's your neighbor. I don't discuss politics with mine.

My point was supposed to be that I am obviously not against all Jews and/or against all Israelis.

I don't plan to discuss politics with him. But if he would want to do that I would like to listen to his point of view. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The cartoon depicts the historical facts of the reason for the conflict. Or perhaps you're also okay with occupation of a country as well as being okay with 27.000+ deaths.

It doesn't depict historical  facts thought , like, there wasn't a Palestine in 1946 , for starters 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

....and you are?

.....his minder?

I'm another poster who follows related topics, and so I know both poster's views, and am aware of previous exchanges between them.

58 minutes ago, Morch said:

They are told to evacuate to another area within the Gaza Strip. Not out of it. Not quite in line with your argument.

Is there still anywhere in Gaza where they can go and not be afraid to be bombed?

Or maybe they are supposed to return to the rubble which were their houses before Israel destroyed them. 

Please, go back home. Yeah, sure... 

346836Q-highres-1-1701333924.jpg?resize=

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2