Government to encourage couples to have children as birth rate declines

snoop1130

Thailand-Aged-society_birth-rate_web.png

As the birth rate steadily declines to lower than the death rate, the Pheu Thai-led government is to add increasing the birth rate to the national agenda in March, said Kaenika Oonchit, deputy government spokesperson. 

In 2022, a total of 485,085 babies were born, which was the fewest in more than 70 years. The birth rate fell below the death rate, meaning that the Thai population in 2021 declined for the first time. If this trend continues unchecked, it is predicted that, in the next 60 years, the population may shrink by half, to about 33 million, which will lead to a labour shortage and impact future economic, social and national security.

Kaenika said that the Ministry of Public Health has designated the Health Department to spearhead the policy for quality birth promotion, as part of which state-run hospitals will set up clinics for reproductive promotion.

Caption: File photo

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Fewer people  seems to be the goal

of the "elitists"  agenda 2030,

15 minute cities,carbon tax,no meat or dairy eat the bugs,central bank digital currencies..you will own nothing and be happy !

Ultimately Elon Musk's  neural implant total compliance to the hive mind all linked tp the network and served by robots / cyborgs.

Japan already using robots to counter the labour shortage and aging population.

eventually no need for an actual human body or brain just upload the "conscience" to a robotic being and "live forever"

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

uploaded conscience on a rocket and shoot me the f off this planet.

Yes that was sugested in the recent talk hosted by that "crazy conspiracy theorist"

(often correct) Alex Jones with guest David Icke...some one sounding suspiciously like Musk phoned in...it was very amusing,whilst kind of alarming too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes that was sugested in the recent talk hosted by that "crazy conspiracy theorist"

(often correct) Alex Jones with guest David Icke...some one sounding suspiciously like Musk phoned in...it was very amusing,whilst kind of alarming too.

i forgot about starlink 

2 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

well, it doesn't help when they put all these restrictions on Valentines day.. also, just make those college coeds skirts just a little shorter, please.  :thumbsup:

They want younger people to reproduce , rather than older guys staring at young girls in short skirts

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As the birth rate steadily declines to lower than the death rate, the Pheu Thai-led government is to add increasing the birth rate to the national agenda in March, said Kaenika Oonchit, deputy government spokesperson.

Delusional people.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

well, it doesn't help when they put all these restrictions on Valentines day.. also, just make those college coeds skirts just a little shorter, please.  :thumbsup:

I can already see what they had for breakfast... any shorter I'll get locked up for sure.

44 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They want younger people to reproduce , rather than older guys staring at young girls in short skirts

I don't see how the age of the sperm is relevant.

Governments are really quite stupid. When they see a declining population they see less tax going into their coffers.

What they fail to see is a reduced need for spending due to fewer people to spend it on.

The problem of taking care of an aging population is currently being addressed by not paying pensions until a few years later. After all, people are generally living longer and healthier lives so should be able to contribute to the community for a few more years.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, johng said:

15 minute cities,carbon tax,no meat or dairy eat the bugs,central bank digital currencies..you will own nothing and be happy !

Ultimately Elon Musk's  neural implant total compliance to the hive mind all linked tp the network and served by robots / cyborgs.

eventually no need for an actual human body or brain just upload the "conscience" to a robotic being and "live forever"

I'm no elitist, but IMO there are 5 billion too many people destroying the planet and environment.

I thought the luvvies wanted less man made pollution, so they should all be for lowering the population.

All that "we need more tax payers to support the elderly" is so last century thinking. AI robotics will ensure that more people means more people on welfare as jobs for humans disappear in every increasing numbers.

It's not 1918 when they needed more cannon fodder for the next world war.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, stoner said:

I don't see how the age of the sperm is relevant.

Older sperm, like anything past its sell by date is more likely to be damaged goods, and is more likely to produce defective taxpayer units, and make them health consuming units for their life span, however long that may be.

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Older sperm, like anything past its sell by date is more likely to be damaged goods, and is more likely to produce defective taxpayer units, and make them health consuming units for their life span, however long that may be.

I guess I don't consider myself that old or past the sell by,date. My swimmers seem quite abundant and healthy.

There is a well known correlation between educated woman and less children. Educated women likely realise that carrying a parasite around for 9 months, with the side effects of a ruined body, morning sickness, permanent weight gain and excruciating pain expelling it is not such a great deal.

Seems that in countries like Japan and Singapore women have decided a career is a better option than a screaming brat that poops all the time, and wants money for the rest of their lives.

Even Chinese women, apparently, have decided that just because the government has now declared that they may carry a second or more parasites for 9 months, they don't want to.

I expect some men, that will never have to carry a parasite around for 9 months, will not take kindly to my post, so bring it on.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parasite

parasite

an organism living in, on, or with another organism in order to obtain nutrients, grow, or multiply often in a state that directly or indirectly harms the host

• Like 2

Elon has been characterizing the global population decline as the number one threat to civilization right behind AI for years.

Though on the surface it would appear no shortage of people 😕 

Humanity is up in arms over the decline in the polar bear population (which is a false narrative - they're doing just fine, despite the anti-human post-modernist Marxist narrative), but we celebrate the decline of our own population.

Huxley's Brave New World is just around the corner, or perhaps we're already there? 

Gammas, Deltas and Epsilons - what say you?

• Like 1

In general a good idea.

However, after giving birth the child will be raised up by grand parents.

And this is not a good idea.

Thailand doesn't have a social system as we have in EU. 

No financial support, no subsidies, no benefits.

At present Thais have to support their parents in old age because the "pension" is just a joke. So young people don't earn the money to support more than 1 child and in addition support their parents.

So Thailand would first have to implement a reasonable pension fund. Maybe by rising taxes. Income tax, Vat, trade tax, aso.

Then there would be no  burden of supporting parents or grand parents.

I think Thailand is able to move forward with the right leader.

I got my doubts if an old man suffering from severe illness is the right person.😳

15 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The whole world needs fewer people. Way too busy. Governments should just get used to it as people can’t afford it and want a life. Simple as that. 

It isn't the number that is concerning as much as the demographics, to many old people and too few youngsters to support them. Money that could be used to make life easier for parents is diverted to care for the old, at least in the west, but even in Thailand it means one couple have to use time and money to look after two sets of parents. There is a lot wrong in the distribution of wealth in the world where Jeff Bezos can earn more in 3 minutes than a worker in his whole life or where Elon Musk wants 54 billion dollars a year as a salary.

I've seen some recent studies that have China's population dropping to 650 million by the year 2060, multiple predictions also have shown Thailand's population to drop to 35 million within that same period. The people are just getting smart and many are deciding not to have children, or to have one child at the most.

This is not a great time to be bringing children into the world, and people are wising up. I don't think they're going to be able to reverse that trend. And it's a good thing overall, though some pain will be felt, no doubt. World population needs to drop.

Though I like kids, I've never had the desire to own any. One hour with one is plenty.

And I feel that deciding not to have children was likely single-handedly the greatest, wisest, and most astute decision that I've made in this lifetime! I have not missed them for a nanosecond, and I never will. It's a personal choice, we all have to make these kind of decisions. 98% choose to go the conventional route and have children. For me children were never an option. And I'm infinitely thankful for that. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The people are just getting smart and many are deciding not to have children, or to have one child at the most.

And will they again show a preference for male only children as per during the one child policy? That caused imbalances. 

There seems to be a quite precipitous decline in sperm counts worldwide, as much as 50% lower than 40-50 years ago, according to many sources.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32168194/

Factors may / may not including diet, obesity, environmental pollutants, wifi, etc.

Seems to be Governments paying lip-service to population decline, but doing nothing (or actually propagating it) to stem this issue.

Like all governments, they rely on more and more serfs/peasants to exist, just like a virus. The world's resources are not infinite, time to learn to live within our means. We already have 1.2 billion people living in poverty, what sense does it make to increase the population?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johng said:

My biggest hope is that technology advances quickly enough that I am still living meat puppet when we figure out how to upload a human into a computer.   

Living forever in a virtual world would be the best thing to ever happen to humanity. 

The only hope for humanity (and for family dynasties) is that we ensure our species and the collective knowledge of our species keeps going forever.   

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It isn't the number that is concerning as much as the demographics, to many old people and too few youngsters to support them. Money that could be used to make life easier for parents is diverted to care for the old, at least in the west, but even in Thailand it means one couple have to use time and money to look after two sets of parents. There is a lot wrong in the distribution of wealth in the world where Jeff Bezos can earn more in 3 minutes than a worker in his whole life or where Elon Musk wants 54 billion dollars a year as a salary.

What people seem to ignore is how many jobs business based billionaires create and how many things their businesses do or create to make life better for people. 

Take Jeff Bezos as an example :- 

Amazon has a global employee headcount of well over 600,000.

indirectly, Amazon’s 3rd Party Marketplace has:

5 million marketplace sellers

1.7 million marketplace sellers with products listed for sale

1 million new marketplace sellers in the last year

140,000 marketplace sellers with over $100,000 in sales.

But potentially the greatest indirect job creation by Jeff’s team at Amazon would likely come from Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud services.

Many of the biggest Silicon Valley “unicorns” were launched and scaled on AWS , which means that Amazon/AWS can probably lay claim to having indirectly helped many of them scale quickly, easily, cheaply (initially) providing more scope for startups to hire new employees to grow their businesses.

So while millions of people have earned income part-time and full-time on Amazon’s Marketplace, I would argue that Amazon AWS may have a far larger long-term effect on high value job creation with cloud services for startups that simply didn’t exist before AWS.

What I find objectionable are people like Taylor Swift who is now a billionaire from making music. I'm not blaming her for her popularity but FFS she doesn't create jobs (or very very few) in the same way that a business billionaire does.  She might be an absolutely gorgeous babe, but all she has really given the world is a bit of entertainment.    Entertainers and Athletes should be paid well, but NOT that well!!  

I admire anyone who can build a huge business and create 100's of 1000's of jobs.   Those people deserve their billions.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

What people seem to ignore is how many jobs business based billionaires create and how many things their businesses do or create to make life better for people. 

Take Jeff Bezos as an example :- 

Amazon has a global employee headcount of well over 600,000.

indirectly, Amazon’s 3rd Party Marketplace has:

5 million marketplace sellers

1.7 million marketplace sellers with products listed for sale

1 million new marketplace sellers in the last year

140,000 marketplace sellers with over $100,000 in sales.

But potentially the greatest indirect job creation by Jeff’s team at Amazon would likely come from Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud services.

Many of the biggest Silicon Valley “unicorns” were launched and scaled on AWS , which means that Amazon/AWS can probably lay claim to having indirectly helped many of them scale quickly, easily, cheaply (initially) providing more scope for startups to hire new employees to grow their businesses.

So while millions of people have earned income part-time and full-time on Amazon’s Marketplace, I would argue that Amazon AWS may have a far larger long-term effect on high value job creation with cloud services for startups that simply didn’t exist before AWS.

What I find objectionable are people like Taylor Swift who is now a billionaire from making music. I'm not blaming her for her popularity but FFS she doesn't create jobs (or very very few) in the same way that a business billionaire does.  She might be an absolutely gorgeous babe, but all she has really given the world is a bit of entertainment.    Entertainers and Athletes should be paid well, but NOT that well!!  

I admire anyone who can build a huge business and create 100's of 1000's of jobs.   Those people deserve their billions.

No, they don't deserve billions (a billion is a ridiculous concept anyway) Bezos had a good idea and started a business but he doesn't run it now, it's run by his many managers and technocrats, same as Bill Gates who had the idea but the real start up work was done by others. I don't deny that People such as Bezos and Musk deserve to be rich but what is happening these days is just obscene. An example of a billion.....one billion seconds is 31.7 years, it's greed for greed's sake.

29 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

My biggest hope is that technology advances quickly enough that I am still living meat puppet when we figure out how to upload a human into a computer.   

Living forever in a virtual world would be the best thing to ever happen to humanity. 

The only hope for humanity (and for family dynasties) is that we ensure our species and the collective knowledge of our species keeps going forever.   

You think consciousness is THAT simple? I am not suggesting I fully understand it either, but the idea we can simply 'upload it to a hard drive?? Remember, during the industrial revolution we had a very mechanical view of both the universe and ourselves. The tech of the time influenced how we understood the universe and our place in it. I think 'virtual reality' .....a.i etc are just the latest thing ...akin to other tech revolutions of the past. I once thought it was all just 'matter and the void' I hope its not. I hope when they first try to 'upload' someones consciousness to a computer it fails miserably. Our consciouness is not just a series of 0's and 1's and I dont think it can be stored in such a manner. subjective experiences make up who we are. How do you put a subjective experience into a 0 or 1 ?  A 'representation' of it??  perhaps......

Just my thoughts. Not sure how much sense I made....made sense to me though.