No EM Ankle Bracelet For ‘Untouchable’ Thaksin

webfact

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

From months on his sick bed to freedom and travel.. remarkable treatment in hospital.

Amazing what remote tele-health outpatient treatment can do.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin may go around anywhere [...] after he has roughly served half of his one-year “sentence” at Police Hospital in lieu of Bangkok Remand Prison.

As we all know, he is a very sick man. Make sure he has a comfortable bed in a quiet room at home so that he can rest in peace.

Old sick men don't travel.

%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B3%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%

Edited by OneMoreFarang
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Absolutely no surprise here I mean he so ill. I don’t know how he’s gonna get around on the country oh yeah, he has a jet. and why would he want to leave the country? He’s been gone for 15 years I forgot well next will be his sister TIT.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

AN EM ANKLE BRACELET will definitely not be put on the “untouchable” de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict Thaksin Shinawatra during his parole

Again perhaps a journalist failure - lack of investigation

"Law to prevent violent reoffenders with ankle monitor" by Neill Fronde, Published: 23 January 2023

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/law-to-prevent-violent-reoffenders-with-ankle-monitor

In 2023 (?) a new law was prompted by the reoffending of infamous serial killer Somkid Pumpuang, known as “Jack the Ripper of Thailand.”

• The law allows for a ministry-appointed committee to determine if parolees should be required to wear EM ankle bracelets. They can be given the tracking device for up to 10 years.

But

• Three categories of criminals would be considered for this new programme, depending on the crimes that they committed: (1) People who kidnap for ransom or unlawfully detain someone against their will; (2) People who commit violent crimes and (3) People who are arrested for acts of sexual violence.

Thaksin obviously does NOT fall into any of the three categories. Hence no legal grounds for an ankle bracelet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't imagine he'll be traveling around the country much at all. He'll likely want to hole up in his place and focus on recovery after his long critical illness. He probably needs to gain some weight back. After an illness like that, he must have lost 10kg, who knows, maybe more! I lost 18 kg during my critical illness over about the same time period as his. So, I'm sure he won't be seen in public as he needs to focus on regaining his health, energy, and etc... Poor guy.... So sad to return to his country only to be so miserable.... a real pity.:violin:
:coffee1:

He expected nothing else and all part of the deal.hide for awhile then all of sudden he is 100 percent fit all cured magic doctors.I imagine he does not want to leave after many yrs away and the sister knows her turn is soon

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Teflon Thaksin...Nothing sticks on him.

Hence why he fled the country in the first place...........they couldn't prove anything, the charges were trumped up and the courts decision was decided even before the trial. KT is very shrewd and an extremely popular figure in Thailand. The media for western consumption is deliberately divisive and surprisingly ignorant. 

Edited by Jackbenimble
spelling
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bokningar said:

A open display of how corruption works.

The whole world can see it.

And they wounder why foreign investments is going down (except Chines and Russian)

the original court case was a far better example. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1