American woman’s life-changing adventure in Thailand

snoop1130

4 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Not so much. Basic rooms start from 2000-3000 baht per month. Street food is cheap, 50 baht for a decent meal with chicken and rice. A set of clothes (shorts, tee and flipflops) is 300 baht. Thailand is one the cheapest places in the world to be honest.

Makes no difference about how cheap it is if you have no money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

An American woman @ExperiencingKiaa with a mere US$7 (approximately 250 baht) in her bank account captivated TikTok followers with her tale of survival in Thailand.

Yeah gods... a broke back-packer trying to garners some funds.

7 hours ago, uttradit said:

She stole $650 or became a hooker? Now working illegally as a hair stylist

Maybe she was standing on Beach Road saying "I'll raise the hair on your neck with my service".

Fair play to her; social media and YouTube revenues aside, not so easy to do that kind of thing nowadays. Being a woman, however, there is always a backup option for making money. The option for blokes in that situation is usually to go for a dive. 

So to rephrase: useless vlogger working illegally in Thailand. Vlogging is work if she's making money out of it (and she is), and being a hairstylist is of course illegal. Given that she's broadcasting this to the world it's doubtful how long she'll be able to stay here without getting deported. Next vlog probably a sob story about how she got arrested and deported, and the sad thing is some NPCs will sympathize and donate - apparently some already have.

It's really quite sad how social media has devolved into voyeurs paying to watch how others live. And TikTok. And OF. An entire generation who's aspirations are to be internet-famous doing nothing special. Sure- there's money in that if you actually produce quality content and get millions of followers, but probably 99% don't make it and don't make much.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

How did she even get into Thailand without a minimum of 20,000 baht, no return air ticket or any sort of visa?

How did she get into Laos with only $7? Used to be $5 cash but I think it's now $15.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, within a day of arriving, she realised Japan wasn’t her destination of choice

She realized the price of things there.

Edited by orchis
  • Like 1

HOW did she remain in Thailand 5 months???  at min (with tourist visa (which she could NOT have gotten with no $$) and 30 day extension) 2 months overstay!!!
i have zero interests or compassion for someone that leaves their home without $$$ to live on, ( bearing unfortunate accidents) 

Thanks Thaiger for another worthless, missing pieces fluff story cause a slow news day 

15 hours ago, bbko said:

She needs to stay home, some kind of low IQ homeless vlogger.

Do you think I am going to watch this for 45 minutes? No way.

Who was videoing it, who paid the taxi? 

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

How did she even get into Thailand without a minimum of 20,000 baht, no return air ticket or any sort of visa?

There was no mention in the Thaiger about that. They did mention that she had a partner and also that "she received an outpouring of support from her online community".

She also spent 4 months in Laos.

All this on USD$7?

TBH, immigration had never asked me to show 20K ever - during the past 20 years or so.

• Agree 1

People should not go to other countries with 250 baht in their pockets, they should have enough money for their stay. Beggars like this, and the GoFundMe crowd make me sick. they are parasites.

They should not be allowed in the country, expecting the poor locals to support them with hand outs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

According to the article, she was in Thailand for 5 months so unless visa exempt is for 6 months, she would be on overstay.

Unless she made arrangements to not be on overstay!  The article did not mention that she had ever been on overstay.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Also, according to the article, she had a job as a hairdresser which IIRC is a job for Thais

As I pointed out in my post earlier than yours!...

14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Hairdressing must have been removed from the list of protected occupations just for her.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

People should not go to other countries with 250 baht in their pockets, they should have enough money for their stay. Beggars like this, and the GoFundMe crowd make me sick. they are parasites.

They should not be allowed in the country, expecting the poor locals to support them with hand outs. 

Story is probably false. Nobody goes to Thailand with $7.

• Agree 1