Thaksin freed on parole and returns to Ban Chan Song La residence

webfact

21 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Looks like he was in a car accident and is heading to court.

The arm sling and neck brace are curious accouterments for someone who was/is so deathly ill.

Yes, all part of the actor's accoutrements!

How many times have you seen (especially in the States) the sight of someone hobbling into court on crutches/Zimmer frame, in a neck brace and covered in bandages, being assisted in their walking by a nurse or family member in order to emphasise their state of ill health as a result of a minor accident, only to be seen a few hours later minus crutches, bandages, and neck brace celebrating with friends after a hefty payout?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobU said:

Yep he got free medical care, just like any other prisoner

That is ridiculous,  , He was in the luxury wing of a police  hospital....Kevin Smitham, Mathew Winder as examples, did not get treated so well, 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

From this thread... it says security not bullet proof.

image.png.7c0b04ed431f59620068a6317aedc395.png

You asked a question, I provided you with a link to the related thread, in which you were even active. So what is your problem?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

It is  interesting that he has to be in the hospital because he is so sick, BUT once he gets parole and can go home, he will be fit enough to get out of the hospital.

Obviously you are right.

But interestingly I hear/read this the first time.

It seems nobody is surprised that the sick man was not transported with an ambulance to private hospital. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

The hate mob's comments seem to have attracted support for Mr T.

Wonder how many of these sad old farang obsessed with abusing Mr T will be gathering at the gates of the Thaksin residence holding placards saying "Lock him up!"

Yeah, thought not.

Welcome home Mr T.

Many of these sad old farang realise what their treatment would be if they did as you suggest. After all - we are all "aliens" subject to the whims of officers of the Immigration/Government!

And slightly off topic, how many people took to the streets to protest about the last "democratic" election where the leader of the party who won was barred for his ownership of shares in a defunct TV company? - a decision which has now apparently been reversed in the land of U - turns, but obviously too late!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, uttradit said:

So you never stole any ice cream? Never took a pen from work? You must be perfect :clap2:

Not exactly what you said in your post though is it? :-

"Everyone lies, everyone takes money that isn't theres." ("theirs"!)

17 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

The thing that gets me in this forum is how farangs take sides in Thai politics. All Thai politicians are bent especially the ones in senior positions. I married into a large family outside of Korat. Believe me when Yinluck was PM they had some sort of future. When the Army took over illegally they hit rock bottom. Let Thaksin become PM again and  if he's not up to the likening of the Military then we will be back to the cretins from the Army to take over again.

Again? They never left!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously you are right.

But interestingly I hear/read this the first time.

It seems nobody is surprised that the sick man was not transported with an ambulance to private hospital. 

It is going to make for a very interesting time in the future.  If any of the Shin's get involved in the government or next election.

You can be guaranteed that the military parties voters and the PTP supporters will be reminded of this.

But then again TIT

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, uttradit said:

Yet you choose to move from the west to a terribly run country in Thailand. So bad millions visit every year.

Thailand IS a country, not "a country in Thailand"!

Millions visit every year, but how many of them opt to not come back after their experiences in "Amazing Thailand"? I know quite a few personally!

Hence, the  PM so desperate to get the tourist figures back up he is resorting to begging well known musicians to give concerts here in order to "boost tourism"! 🙂 

14 hours ago, mark131v said:

Why would I ignore the morals and scruples I live by?

I do think the treatment of the Thai people is shameful and embarrassing. I know I can't change anything personally but when I see the establishment pissing on the people then telling them it's raining I won't stay quiet and accept it 

Well said!

• Agree 1

My wife started laughing when she saw the difference between the pictures of Thaksin arriving in August and leaving hospital yesterday. She said it does not paint a good picture of Thailand's healthcare system. She also said that the Bang Phlat Police Officers must have been on special pay for a Sunday to help control the traffic in the neighbourhood. Amazing Thailand!

29 minutes ago, sambum said:

Many of these sad old farang realise what their treatment would be if they did as you suggest. After all - we are all "aliens" subject to the whims of officers of the Immigration/Government!

And slightly off topic, how many people took to the streets to protest about the last "democratic" election where the leader of the party who won was barred for his ownership of shares in a defunct TV company? - a decision which has now apparently been reversed in the land of U - turns, but obviously too late!

For "Confused" :-

" Pita resigned as leader of Move Forward in September 2023. He was succeeded by Chaithawat Tulathon, but continues to be active in the party. On 24 January, the Constitutional Court cleared him of wrongdoing, securing his status as a Member of the House of Representatives.'

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/18/2024 at 8:41 AM, webfact said:

image.png

Thaksin Shinawatra was released on parole and returned to his family mansion, Ban Chan Song La, in Bangkok this morning. This marks the first time the media has caught a glimpse of him since his 180 days at the Police General Hospital.

At 06:09 am, Thaksin and Paetongtarn were seen together in a black van followed by a black security detail SUV. Thaksin wore a green face mask and a neck support.

By 6:32 am, the van had arrived at the Chan Song La residence, where supporters and observers had gathered in front of his house. Police officers from Bang Phlat police station were deployed to help direct traffic in the neighborhood.

Since last night, a large media crew and journalists have been stationed outside his home. This marks the first time in 180 days that he has left the hospital and appeared in front of the media. He neither returned to the correction facility nor spent a day in jail after returning to Thailand.

Security at the Police General Hospital and Thaksin’s home has been tight all night. All cars going in and out of the hospital were checked as a group of so-called royalist Kor-Por-Tor gathered to observe the situation

Source: Thai PBS 2024-02-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

555>Everything went according to the script. Played out by the best actors money can buy.The prop dept decided at the last minute to throw in a neck brace and arm sling to help alleviate the hypertension.

His BP picture shows a sick and sorry excuse for a human.

Yingy is on the runway at Heathrow as we speak. The charade isn't over yet.She will be welcomed at the airport in a wheelchair and a bouquet of roses claiming to have only 6 months to live.. on and on we go..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

He needed to get back to his house to start stuffing more of those brown envelopes! Probably not that easy to do in the hospital with all the staff around!

He'll have to get rid of the sling first!

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as the best refers to departing up a chimney, I agree.

So far the plan is working well. One can only hope he's off to the fire before he manages to do any more damage to Thailand than done already.

Well, he certainly did more for Thailand and the Thai people than ALL the military coups lumped together since 1932.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Well, he certainly did more for Thailand and the Thai people than ALL the military coups lumped together since 1932.

In your opinion.

He is certainly, IMO, more corrupt than all the coups since 1932 lumped together.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In your opinion.

He is certainly, IMO, more corrupt than all the coups since 1932 lumped together.

Really?

So stealing an entire country and committing treason against the state is less corrupt than what Thaksin allegedly has done. Not just once or even twice but 12 times?

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

What a joke just for the pictures because he had a so called heartproblem and high bloodpressure, but never spoken of a neck problem... But alas now the outside see that he really is sick...

Thank you Dr ikke1959 for your valuable expert opinion.

I do love reading the "expert" opinions of the so called doctors on this forum, especially those who know everything about a persons medical symptoms, when they have never even met that person or even seen the persons medical record.

You obviously realise that there are arteries leading from the heart to the head.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=what+is+a+blockage+to+the+blood+vessels+to+the+head+called&sca_esv=0da03635f65f96aa&sxsrf=ACQVn08fgC8NCgxE3pd-hQq2AqqFt-VTOQ%3A1708319440744&source=hp&ei=0OLSZYeqK47dseMP7JaUkAc&iflsig=ANes7DEAAAAAZdLw4DV487jld0JC7BQM82dIjzr61_pc&ved=0ahUKEwiH0rTr0baEAxWObmwGHWwLBXIQ4dUDCBw&oq=what+is+a+blockage+to+the+blood+vessels+to+the+head+called&gs_lp=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&sclient=gws-wiz

From the Mayo clinic.

Carotid artery disease occurs when fatty deposits, called plaques, clog the blood vessels that deliver blood to the brain and head (carotid arteries). The clog increases the risk of stroke. Stroke is a medical emergency that occurs when the brain loses all or much of its blood supply.

During a stroke, the brain doesn't get oxygen and brain cells begin to die within minutes. Stroke is a leading cause of death and disability in the U.S.

Carotid artery disease often develops slowly. The first sign of the condition might be a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA). A TIA is a temporary shortage of blood flow to the brain.

Treatment of carotid artery disease usually involves lifestyle changes, medicines and sometimes surgery.

Symptoms   

In its early stages, carotid artery disease often doesn't have symptoms. The condition might not be obvious until it's serious enough to deprive the brain of blood, causing a stroke or TIA.

Symptoms of a stroke or TIA include:

Sudden numbness or weakness in the face or limbs, often on one side of the body.
Sudden trouble speaking and understanding speech.
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
Sudden dizziness or loss of balance.
Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.

But of course, you knew that anyway didn't you?

• Sad 1