Thaksin is free, can we finally move on?

webfact

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How about we move in to something fresh? Something  worthy will certainly be along soon.

Worthy things or people are generally not newsworthy....perhaps this says something about the news consuming human race?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thaksin is free, can we finally move on? 

Strange headline. 

I very rarely comment on political issues in Thailand but this guy gives me the creeps. 

I'd say BUCKLE UP, it's going to be a roller coaster ride. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, retarius said:

Now Thaksin is free can we stop having articles about him. 

Agree 100% I haven't clicked on any of his stories for at least a week and some appear on AN twice if not more a day 🥱🥱

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Agree 100% I haven't clicked on any of his stories for at least a week and some appear on AN twice if not more a day 🥱🥱

Would I be wrong in thinking he's a poster boy of AN. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The chances of that are the same as the military not wanting control.

The interesting quote or joke is

The Pheu Thai party, associated with Thaksin, currently holds power, presenting an opportunity to shift the focus from past conflicts to future progress.

The  PTP holds almost no power as they are owned and responsible to the military elite parties to stay in control.

The PTP is only in power as long as either the MFP is a threat to the military or they (the PTP) upset the military.

The military/elite control a great deal, consider that the power positions in eh government are controlled by the Elite proxies.

The yellow/green elite is far from having the same power as before. For both an upward reason (no comment) and a downward reason (they don't have much popular support any more).

They still control appointed bodies such as government agencies, the judiciary, or the army. However, like PT, they are 'subjects'.

PT have bargaining power in that they could threaten to bring the government down by switching sides to join MF. 

But that would see their paymaster facing legal woes so that's never going to happen as long as Thaksin is around.

4 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Tony takes a backseat. Next, and, soon to be a major motion picture, 'The Return of Yingluk'....😀

Yes, undoubtedly she still appeals to rural folk of a certain age. Perhaps her charges could be dropped if she agreed to hit the campaign trail but she might not want to play that game anymore having been once bitten, twice shy.

9 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Tony takes a backseat. Next, and, soon to be a major motion picture, 'The Return of Yingluk'....😀

Thinking about it, she surely is part of the package deal enabling Tony to return.

I mean, Tony couldn't be that cruel to leave her out in the Dubai desert counting the stars at night.

He couldn't be that mean? Surely? 555

• Haha 1

Yes, surely we need to move onto the plethora of forthcoming articles about his miraculous health recovery, his return to the premiership, his new war on drugs, the re-stirring of the pot in the south, the retribution to come against his adversaries, or maybe his next bit of new legislation to make life far more challenging for expats. 

• Agree 1

Move on? Not a chance.

Next they'll be screaming to get his sister, Yingluck back here, which has probably been underway for some time, after which, he'll be meddling in politics again after making a stunning recovery from his' prison ordeal '.....🤣

I wonder how many more airheads, Thaksin has in his family ,to hide behind and throw up as puppet prime ministers?

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

The whole thing makes no sense; UNLESS Toadie is blackmailing the chap higher up the totem pole. When they were both resident in Europe the Toad must have got inside the enemies camp and got enough dirt for a rainy day; which has now come. There is no other possible explanation.

• Haha 1