Delivery rider helps himself to water dispenser in Thai restaurant

webfact

It's a bit over the top really.  At least ask first... But for water!

Customers have to pay for soda and so should the courier rider/driver. 

In saying that, my local LEX rider is excellent.  If the front gate is closed he'll call and wait outside.  If it's open he'll ll bring the goods into the yard. 

Very polite and professional fellah. Good guy. 

What's the saying? 

Pay them peanuts and you'll end up with monkeys. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If it was water, the netizens should back off.

The drivers are human beings and it's hot out.

If it's Coke, yeah of course, he would need permission.

I can't see the color of the liquid coming out, can you?

so i can just pop into 7 and grab a small bottled water open it no biggie right ? example on my walk last night i was sweating quite a lot when i got to 7. i am human too. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Sorry, but you do not understand business laws. For KFC to operate in Thailand they must open a subdivision/subsidiary. Something that makes the part of the company incorporated in Thailand, standing under Thai law as well as registered in Thailand. All that will make KFC Thailand a Thai company.

the nuances of subdivision/subsidiary business laws are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.. KFC is an American restaurant with it's  roots in Thailand, both historically and presently. That's why it's  categorized under the term 'American fast-food restaurants. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

the nuances of subdivision/subsidiary business laws are irrelevant as far as i'm concerned.. KFC is an American restaurant with it's  roots in Thailand, both historically and presently. That's why it's  categorized under the term 'American fast-food restaurants. 

The simple fact is that it is a restaurant in Thailand, which makes it a Thai restaurant that serves American fast-food. Same like Mario in Bangkok who opens something you and many more would call an Italian restaurant. Why we call it that, is because we are focusing on the cuisine that it serves. In reality, that will also be a Thai restaurant serving Italian food. At least according to the letter of the law.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is a KFC outlet in one of the many malls in thailand.buy a meal get a drink cup fill yourself.  I have seen everyone getting a second refill often maybe half full when they are leaving. The price of that drink to KFC is pennies only so i don,t think they care if someone gets a free drink or a bit extra.Other places leave the machine in plain sight and let u help yourself.Costing them nothing and some good  customer feedback on the service or business.It is a giveaway for them only using gas and flavoured mixers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Among the numerous comments, one stood out, urging riders to be aware of their actions and maintain their image,

They are maintaining their image... they don't give a rats...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

How can you even equate a bottle of water from 7-11, with free water at a restaurant? It's no skin off the restaurants back, it means absolutely nothing to them, it doesn't cost them one satang. 

i think there is something lost in translation here. the pic clearly shows the driver dispensing from a coke dispenser not water. water does cost them something ? it may be only a fraction of a satang but last i looked most places had to pay for water service. 

ill go with what it plainly looks like. a driver helping himself to a free coke. until proven otherwise i think the term nam is being lost in translation. 

now had the driver said....

p kap can i grab a little water from the dispenser.... might of changed everything.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Must cost restaurant 10 baht tops. I think I'll comment as this is important. 

Less I think, it is coke syrup, mixed I part syrup with 5 parts soda water , like Western Pubs 9.5 liters for 4,800b RETAIL Undiluted that is an awful lot of cups of coke. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Agree 1