Domestic violence

11 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yes. I should have jumped a homeless druggie  and beat his azz. Yep, I would have been a really tough guy.

Meanwhile on the streets of Thailand you probably walked with your head down and wai every time a car tried to run you over so you could buy yourself another day in sex paradise.

You sound like someone who has no street life  experience or experience with these kind of people with mental illness and drug addiction.

Not your fault you lived a sheltered life 

Unfortunately many Aussies even in country towns (Alice Springs ) go through this experience weekly so nothing traumatic to Australian people, it's getting used to it which you aren't .

With respect to you ,your a weak man who has lived a sheltered life ( not your fault )

who was traumatised by a guy with mental illness following you and shouting abuse until a guy in a security uniform got involved probably because he seen your fear 

Edited by georgegeorgia

10 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

You sound like someone who has no street life  experience or experience with these kind of people with mental illness and drug addiction.

Not your fault you lived a sheltered life 

Yes, I just literally survived a civil war in Yugoslavia. I have lived a privileged and sheltered life.

Edited by Celsius
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Are you having a larf?

Domestic violence in rural thailand is happening all the time, every single day.

My late mother inlaw was the victim of regular B&B ( Bonking & Bashing ) for many years. My wife told me that it happens regularly up North especially when the males are $hit faced on Lao Kaow. I've never slapped my Isarn wife of 22 years as I fear the consequences if I were to miss.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Only if I am attacked first.

If you want to troll me, you'll have to do better than that.

He is not trolling you , only pointing out there should be no different in man or woman nowadays

Times have changed ,women want to be men ,men want to be women , and we have in between 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Laccesitt with respect to him is in the old school when times were different

Nowadays girls are not ladies anymore

And I watched a night club security person being slapped by a drunk female and couldn't do anything as other patrons were telling him not to hit women so she kept slapping his face 

Old school, as he , I and most farangs are, doesn't mean times were any different. Hitting a woman is always wrong. If they hit you, you defend yourself and restrain them until they stop. If you can't restrain them, you walk away, unless they are hitting a child. Then you protect that child by taking them away from harm. Women and girls are still and always will be ladies, if they grow up taught respect. Not having a father figure doesn't help a girl growing up. They haven't been taught how to relate to men. I was hit by my ex, for nothing, and she came at me with a knife three times. All I did was defend myself and either step back or restrain her until she stopped. Hitting them proves to them what pigs some men are. If they aren't ladies, walk away. I've seen women hit night club personnel. All they did was restrain and remove.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

He is not trolling you , only pointing out there should be no different in man or woman nowadays

Times have changed ,women want to be men ,men want to be women , and we have in between 

Let them be what they want. You don't have to deal with anyone who is a narcissist, looney or a misogynist. You walk away. For what my ex wife did to me, and the mind of my daughter, she deserved to be decked, but if I did that, it would have proved to everyone around her that I'm just like other farangs who beat their wives. They all respect me and think she's nuts. If you hit a woman, you're not a man, period. That's a boy that was never taught respect for a woman.

57 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Let them be what they want. You don't have to deal with anyone who is a narcissist, looney or a misogynist. You walk away. For what my ex wife did to me, and the mind of my daughter, she deserved to be decked, but if I did that, it would have proved to everyone around her that I'm just like other farangs who beat their wives. They all respect me and think she's nuts. If you hit a woman, you're not a man, period. That's a boy that was never taught respect for a woman.

No wonder women are on a rampage in the West. 

If you had "decked" your ex who deserved it, you would have gone to jail even if she started the hitting and was coming at you with a knife, that's what  prevailing white knight's double standards like yours have brought about.

If anyone or anything, human or animal hit you, you should be entitled to hit back, period.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JackGats said:

No wonder women are on a rampage in the West. 

If you had "decked" your ex who deserved it, you would have gone to jail even if she started the hitting and was coming at you with a knife, that's what  prevailing white knight's double standards like yours have brought about.

If anyone or anything, human or animal hit you, you should be entitled to hit back, period.

I'm not a white knight,as if that exists. I would defend any woman who was being abused by a man with discretion in place, man armed, women armed etc. If I hit my ex who was coming at me with a knife I wouldn't go to jail. Self defense is self defense anywhere, but avoiding an attack is very easy if they aren't carrying a gun. If someone tries to hit you, you are legally allowed to defend yourself, meaning blocks, avoiding the hit or walking away. If they keep coming, you restrain if it's a woman. If they are stronger than you, as some women are to some men, you defend yourself any way you can. I'm not saying it's wrong to defend and black, push away etc. I'm saying if you have any chance to get away, you go, and hitting some woman who's easily avoided is wrong, as is hitting them because you are mad.

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

'm just like other farangs who beat their wives. They all respect me and think she's nuts. If you hit a woman, you're not a man

Who says we all identify as a "man" ?

I am currently reading a brilliant book which was given to me by SIPI a poster on here "The Psychometrics of Air "

I have today on a medical admission form identified myself as something else I won't mention

Women are NO different to someone who identifies as a "man" especially the the ones in this day & age 

I REFUSE in my job as a hospital cleaner to carry buckets or anything else for someone who identifies as a woman !!! 

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not a white knight,as if that exists. I would defend any woman who was being abused by a man with discretion in place, man armed, women armed etc. If I hit my ex who was coming at me with a knife I wouldn't go to jail. Self defense is self defense anywhere, but avoiding an attack is very easy if they aren't carrying a gun. If someone tries to hit you, you are legally allowed to defend yourself, meaning blocks, avoiding the hit or walking away. If they keep coming, you restrain if it's a woman. If they are stronger than you, as some women are to some men, you defend yourself any way you can. I'm not saying it's wrong to defend and black, push away etc. I'm saying if you have any chance to get away, you go, and hitting some woman who's easily avoided is wrong, as is hitting them because you are mad.

Unfortunately your stuck in the old ways ,woke people would call you "sexist " even the ones who identifies as women.

They the ones who identifies as "women" want to be treated the same ,

you going by your post are not treating them the same .

Women men transexual etc etc must be treated equally 

You would defend any woman being abused by a man ?, what if they are transexual? 

Times have changed, 

A few months ago I saw what look like British young couple arguing the guy slapping her I walked around them and kept walking !

Don't get me involved in that !!! 

Edited by georgegeorgia

4 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I am currently reading a brilliant book which was given to me by SIPI a poster on here "The Psychometrics of Air "

I have today on a medical admission form identified myself as something else I won't mention

Women are NO different to someone who identifies as a "man" especially the the ones in this day & age 

I REFUSE in my job as a hospital cleaner to carry buckets or anything else for someone who identifies as a woman !!! 

It doesn't matter what you identify yourself as. It is what it is, you are what you are. There are a multitude of books written by narcissists and mentally disturbed individuals that are followed by people who think they are right. A man is someone who makes people around them comfortable, and will defend them if needed, and also will not hit a woman, child or anyone weaker than he is. A boy is someone who has yet to be taught or hasn't yet learned restraint or how to treat a woman and others weaker than him. If a man decides to identify as a woman, that's their right. if they are weaker than you, you help them. Doesn't matter if they are a man or a woman.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Who taught you that?

My father. Our behaviors are always influenced by our role models. I had a good one.

The probability is very high someone who has lived in a situation of domestic violence as a child will be doing it themselves when they become adults.

As GG has said, I am old school. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Unfortunately your stuck in the old ways ,woke people would call you "sexist " even the ones who identifies as women.

They the ones who identifies as women want to be treated the same , you going by your post are not.

You would defend any woman being abused by a man , what if they are transexual? 

Times have changed, I will hit them if they hit me and I hit a drunk woman a few months ago in the street back 

I'm only stuck in the right ways, and they aren't given a timetable, as manners and doing the right thing are timeless. I would defend anyone being abused by someone stronger, especially if they are innocent, again using common sense if they are armed with a gun. I know , especially here, if you see a woman being abused by a man, getting involved might be a very wrong thing, as sometimes the woman will hit you also, so you have to be smart, but most times everyone around needs to get involved, although many do not bother. A transexual is still a man, and might be stronger than you, but again, if they are in a fight that is definitely one sided. You hitting a drunk woman is all I need to know where your thinking is, as some are only looking for an excuse to hit a woman. A man walks away. Tired of hearing "woke" as an excuse for anything, as it doesn't match much of what's being said. And sexist is the opposite of what I am, if you haven't figured that out by now. I don't discriminate against anyone because I believe all are equal, even if they are loonies.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

But as academics on here we need facts & figures 

Are you an "academic"? I thought you washed hospital floors for a living?

Most academics would be perfectly capable of googling "domestic abuse in Thailand" and getting all the facts and figures that they could possibly dream of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Most academics would be perfectly capable of googling "domestic abuse in Thailand" and getting all the facts and figures that they could possibly dream of.

Presently I'm busy the last few days as I have been on sick leave from work and catching up on E books by SIPI on here 

The Psychometrics of air and another brilliant one the Psychometrics of Soil 

I had no idea that garden soil is a living creature with many things "happening" under the ground ,it's like another World 

I could go on for hours but won't 

Edited by georgegeorgia

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Understandable. They ask for links they can easily find, and are always trying to argue just for the sake of, instead of looking for knowledge they might not yet have attained.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Garden soil is not a living creature.

Garden soil is alive with organisms, where do you think tetanus, earthworms, gophers and ants live?  Semantics.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I don't understand. I would have thought there was no difference between carrying a bucket of <deleted>, p!ss and puke irrespective of which gender it came from.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't understand. I would have thought there was no difference between carrying a bucket of <deleted>, p!ss and puke irrespective of which gender it came from.

That's the wards assistants who do that , I do hospital cleaner,it's a different department 

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Garden soil is alive with organisms, where do you think tetanus, earthworms, gophers and ants live?  Semantics.

Saying that soil is full of living organisms is not the same as saying that soil "is a living creature".

Semantics are important in academia!

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I was taught striking a woman is the act of a moral coward.

I have never hit a woman, never will.

I agree with you, not too long ago a very ugly wee woman rode up the wrong side of the road on her motorbike and forced me while riding my pedal bike on to face oncoming traffic, I shouted at her and she came after me with a big stick, I dismounted and faced her, she then attacked me with the stick and I easily disarmed her.

There could be a time when you may have to use violence on a woman if it was to save yourself from serious injury. I mean what if that woman had been taller and fitter?