Srettha, the easily shocked premiere

snoop1130

He's trying to empathize with The People. When most issues are insoluble at least in the short term because of slow-moving cultural barriers, what else can a politician do?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

He lives the sheltered life of a billionaire and appears to be a few carrots short of a bunch.

His lack of common knowledge is depressing, but Thailand is not exactly a meritocracy so you get what you get.

That he expresses "shock" when made aware of issues tells me that he is prevaricating, or is truly dumb.

i would go for the last word  555

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin is once again a trending topic on social media, after netizens found him easily ‘shocked’ by too many issues, most of which are common knowledge in Thai society.

Crisis what crisis.. the face say's it all

13 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

He lives the sheltered life of a billionaire and appears to be a few carrots short of a bunch.

His lack of common knowledge is depressing, but Thailand is not exactly a meritocracy so you get what you get.

That he expresses "shock" when made aware of issues tells me that he is prevaricating, or is truly dumb.

I was also thinking he must have been living in a cave prior to becoming PM!

17 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

The shock is he lost the election

For the record, not a single vote was cast for Srettha.

That's kind of a trend in Thai politics/history.

OK, maybe one, that of Paetongtarn.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If Ukraine can be led by a comedian, why not Thailand?

Srethha's political naivity is refreshing. 

Let's not go there... so many countries seem to elect unlikely leaders!

• Confused 1

I doubt he is easily shocked. As a seasoned businessmen, he has to deal with a lot of different people - some very corrupted.

It’s all a ruse to make it look like he is checking up on things and making changes, in reality let the issue pass a couple months later it will be same same.

At least he is being proactive though 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Alas the leaders of governments world wide are imibeciles.

Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?

Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

so many countries seem to elect unlikely leaders!

US-Ronald Regan the Cowboy; Abe Lincoln the librarian; Harry Truman farmer; Arnold Schwarzenegger the actor; D.J. Trump the clown

Pakistan-Iman Khan the Cricket player

Vatican-Pope Gregory VII son of a blacksmith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?

Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes.

Thailand: Democracy? Free & Fair Elections? If you answered yes to one or both of these you are deluded.

13 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Thailand: Democracy? Free & Fair Elections? If you answered yes to one or both of these you are deluded.

Your words were: The leaders of governments WORLDWIDE are imbeciles.

30 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Your words were: The leaders of governments WORLDWIDE are imbeciles.

Yep. Do you disagrre?

And your word's were....

"Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?

Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes."

And I responded...

"Thailand: Democracy? Free & Fair Elections? If you answered yes to one or both of these you are deluded."

Maybe I missed the gist of your comment.

So who is to blame for the outcomes "Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes" and do you think Thailand is a democracy with free and fair elections? "Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?"

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Yep. Do you disagrre?

And your word's were....

"Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?

Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes."

And I responded...

"Thailand: Democracy? Free & Fair Elections? If you answered yes to one or both of these you are deluded."

Maybe I missed the gist of your comment.

So who is to blame for the outcomes "Golly, I wonder who's to blame for the outcomes" and do you think Thailand is a democracy with free and fair elections? "Even in democracies where the people get to vote in free & fair elections?"

(1) In democracies The People get the governments and the politicians they vote for, for better & for worse. If their governments turn out to be 'imbecilic', The People have noone to blame but themselves as the power to make change is in their hands;

(2) Thailand is a make-believe democracy: actually an oligarchy - that is, a collective autocracy

(3) in autocracies of various kinds (personal dictatorships, collective dictatorships ... ) The People mostly get the governments they deserve - because the autocracy is the product of the collective culture of the country as a whole. If Usofa is tempted more and more by the authoritarian dramatics of Trump, that is permitted by the evolution of Usofan collective culture.

On 2/28/2024 at 5:20 PM, Dan O said:

I would agree with the statement about his wealth and a sheltered life. I dont know that he is really shocked in some of these instances but I think he is finding out about what normal people deal with on a daily basis that he himself has been sheltered from due to wealth and position. As much as people have bashed him I think if you step back and compare his actions so far in promoting or trying to promote more business and industry for the country is so much more than the last few PM's have done and its sorely needed for the country. 

Yeah invite all the nasty dictators, yeah he’s a breath of fresh air , Geezus