Temperatures predicted to exceed 40 degrees next week

snoop1130

Capture-1.jpg

Temperatures are expected to surpass 40 degrees Celsius in several provinces next week, as tomorrow the “heat index” is expected to reach 48.1 degrees in Bangkok and 51.4 degrees in Chon Buri, according to Somkuan Tonjan, head of the Central Weather Forecast Division of the Meteorological Department.

The Heat index, also known as the apparent temperature. is what the temperature feels like to the human body when relative humidity is combined with the air temperature. This has important implications for the body’s comfort.

Two weeks after Thailand officially entered the dry season, Somkuan said that temperature has already reached 39 degrees or 40 degrees in some provinces and is forecast to reach 41 degrees in Lampang, Uthai and Lop Buri provinces next week.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-03-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Every year in our village, after a week or two of heat we get a series of those lovely triple bangs. Same thing when it starts to rain, which will be soon, I hope. 

8 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

I'm still hoping for a new Ice Age, oh well 😒

We're still waiting for last year's rain season. It was forecast as up to three months late, well that didn't happen. 

Nearest reservoir never reached 40% capacity.

Small lake near home is bare earth. Our pond about 20x10 has gone from max about 3m deep to a muddy green less than 1m.

I like the heat, but in an area that's primarily orchards it's tough times for those without an accessible water supply. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

two weeks after Thailand officially entered the dry season,

Don't mind the heat. but. 

Here in khon kaen we  entered the dry season 5 months ago. It briefly rained , not enough to do anything a couple of times since early October.  Last year I planted a bunch of relatively young and yet unestablished trees, and I have to water them every couple of days, in fact I got to go and do it in a few minutes.  Cant wait for a bit of rain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Temperatures are expected to surpass 40 degrees Celsius in several provinces next week

Tuesday at 3pm it was 42C in my neck of the woods.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Two weeks after Thailand officially entered the dry season

Don't you mean the hot season? We've been in the dry season since November.

• Like 1