It’s their country, their rules?

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

The woman’s profession should have zero bearing on the matter.

This is one of the big issues at play. So if he kicked a tramp it would be ok in yours and the thais books?

bob.

How about X or Y os Z...etc etc ?

It's just the specific structure of the culture here - hence the response.

How about a simple thing as jumping the queue in the UK and the response it gets, vs the way that is not such a trigger in other countries ?

It was just a bad bad specific cultural trigger event.

Do you go out you way to bare your feet at people in Thailand in the disrespectful way every day...why not, it has absolutely no meaning or effect to/on you ?

Edited by freedomnow

8 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Definitely not. Therefore limit interactions with Thais to the barest minimum.

Sounds like you really are integrating into the country you live in.

9 hours ago, Letseng said:

This Swiss guy has been known to local ppl for his aggressive behaviour on previous incidents. E.g. blocking an ambulance.

= another mental case that gravitates to Thailand.

12 hours ago, bob smith said:

all of us should be very, very alarmed at what is currently going on with Mr. Swiss.

The precedent this sets for all farangs staying here long term is rather worrying to say the least.

I see you are back with your scaremongering.

I was once your biggest critic, fault finder but now I'm with you. 

Let's tell the world how bad it is and how you will be treated if you are a troublemaker, an evil person like the Swiss, ElephantMan who kicked that lovely lady in the back then yelled at her like a monster, let's inform these crazy people not to come to Thailand. 

BTW, I'm not worried or alarmed and have nothing to fear.

All of us good foreigners, expats should not be worried or alarmed. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, bob smith said:

but as of yet he hasn’t had his day in court

Read the Thai Constitution (in part from constituteproject.com😞

I have use bold lettering to highlight parts relevant to whose country Thailand is.

PREAMBLE

May all Thai people unite in observing, protecting and upholding the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand in order to maintain the democratic regime of government and the sovereign power derived from the Thai people

CHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS, 

Section 3

Sovereign power belongs to the Thai people. 

Section 4

Human dignity, rights, liberties and equality of the people shall be protected.

The Thai people shall enjoy equal protection under this Constitution.

Read the 2017 Thailand Constitution (my bold) in selected parts relevant to 'whose country is Thailand' from   

constituteproject.com:

"PREAMBLE

May all Thai people unite in observing, protecting and upholding the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand in order to maintain the democratic regime of government and the sovereign power derived from the Thai people

CHAPTER I. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Section 3

Sovereign power belongs to the Thai people. 

Section 4

The Thai people shall enjoy equal protection under this Constitution."

One might say that for foreigners in Thailand, rights afforded to them is a courtesy, not a privilege.

15 hours ago, bob smith said:

I keep seeing this time and time again,

both here and on social media.

I would like to ask those that believe this,

do you also have the same attitude about your home country?

is it your country your rules as well?

also, when foreigners misbehave or slightly transgress in your country, do you think that a trial by social media and a revocation of their visa is an appropriate response?

I personally believe the world belongs to all of us and nation states are a figment of humans imaginations, but hey ho…

Did any brits see the video at the london train station with the chinese guy shouting and balling at the piano guy recently, just for filming in public?

did you feel any degree of anger towards that? should the chinese guy have his visa revoked because the video got millions of hits on YT?

We all know that there are millions of migrants living in western countries and they transgress the law just as the natives do, yet we have due process and do the right thing by putting them through the legal system and trying them in a court of law! Will Mr. Swiss be afforded the same luxury here?? I kinda doubt it.

all of us should be very, very alarmed at what is currently going on with Mr. Swiss.

The precedent this sets for all farangs staying here long term is rather worrying to say the least.

bob.

"all of us should be very, very alarmed at what is currently going on with Mr. Swiss. "

Actually, in this instance, Thailand is doing the right thing.

The fact that America and Canada as well, do not deal responsibly with bad behaviors of immigrants, illegal as they might also be, is related to a left wing political approach to crime and punishment.

And this left wing approach absolutely does not make it a better approach, morally or otherwise.

And the Americas should learn from a Conservative right wing approach, as we can see here in Thailand, with respect to immigration...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"all of us should be very, very alarmed at what is currently going on with Mr. Swiss. "

Actually, in this instance, Thailand is doing the right thing.

The fact that America and Canada as well, do not deal responsibly with bad behaviors of immigrants, illegal as they might also be, is related to a left wing political approach to crime and punishment.

And this left wing approach absolutely does not make it a better approach, morally or otherwise.

And the Americas should learn from a Conservative right wing approach, as we can see here in Thailand, with respect to immigration...

There was a case recently in my native UK where an asylum seeker attacked his former partner and her daughter with a corrosive substance before fleeing - and then doing everyone a favour by jumping off a bridge into the Thames and drowning. He had been granted permission to stay in the UK despite being charged with sexual assault while waiting for that permission. Too many naive do-gooders around.

Similar has happened trying to re-educate Islamic terrorists, one of whom while attending a class attacked his 'teacher' and then fled outside and attacked total strangers in the street. These people do not want to be re-educated. They pretend they've changed but they haven't, and then after fooling the authorities they kill again.

12 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

So I avoid the Thai males altogether while I feel that the females a more approachable and respectable.

I used to have that opinion mainly coming in contact with village / lay about type males but after 10 years have some very close Thai male friends...middle class, better educated.  Certainly smart, great sense of humor, trustworthy, helpful...love a bbq and a drink. Very respectful intelligent caring family guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

We are GUESTS in this country, just as they are guests in ours!! As guests we (and they) should have to comply with the rules of our host countries.  No exceptions!!!!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bob smith said:

Most if not all western countries have huge problems now with mass migration, and many immigrants have committed far worse crimes in the west than kicking a doctor in the back.

Thailand wants foreigners under control and chained with all their document requirements, keeping them as refugees from year-to-year residency, or the same attitude posted here. They know that if foreigners are let go unchained, they will go berserk and may use gunboats to force them to buy drugs. Also, the western countries forget two hundred years of colonization to lay their economic foundation by looting from the colonies. Now they are paying for that. And there is nothing wrong with that, and nothing can be done. Just swallow it as present payment for the past deeds. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

16 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Remind me which country doesn't have its own rules and laws?

Exactly!

As far as social media being judge and jury, that's an just an unfortunate thing now days! Most people don't want to find the facts for themselves, easier to just go along with whatever social media you follow is saying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, bob smith said:

if the doctor is claiming he assaulted her then he should be tried in a court of law and all of the evidence examined to discern what actually happened.

but as of yet he hasn’t had his day in court. His visa has been revoked on the back of public outcry and a video that was posted online.

don’t you see how that could be problematic?

bob.

I wish the UK was a bit like Thailand and get rid of those who abuse our hospitality summarily. Our country our rules seems a sensible motto to me. I can't stand ingratitude.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out Thailand is the easiest country in the world for a foreign woman to get citizenship. It's only foreign men they don't want.

Even worse. Maybe they realized that no foreign women came with gunboats to force a country to buy something they did not want.  

16 hours ago, nikmar said:

Everyone’s different and so it goes with countries as well. I think what’s happened to the Swiss guy in Phuket is a bit over the top – not to make any excuse for his behaviour – and the Swiss guy in Trang deserves all he gets, but it’s not like he is a victim here. We all know the score here and, as guests, can’t really complain when things like this happen. As people say, if you don’t like it ……

Besides, how many of us westerners would like to see our respective nations’ authorities to be a bit more hardline wih foreigners who misbehave.

You have that correct!  imagine in the US the governments have allowed ILLEGAL immigrants to stay in the country unimpeded by location, work, or whatever...some states even are now taking benefits away from citizens to provide benefits for the illegals.  In NYC today the news reported that some school districts have closed for teaching so that they can house illegal immigrants there!  There are numerous reports of 10Plus millions of illegals now running around the US.  Yeah some have been arrested for serious crimes many times yet still remain in the US freely (not in jail for all). 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Even worse. Maybe they realized that no foreign women came with gunboats to force a country to buy something they did not want.  

I flew in on an airplane mate,

I dont know what its like in Cartagena but I didnt come here on no gunboat forcing anyone to do anytning.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

1 hour ago, Kenny202 said:

The worst thing about all this is the anti foreigner sentiment this stirs up, and as usual by the same person that stirred up all the Covid racisim.

What happened to the COVID racism commotions? There is nothing wrong if, from time to time, some commotion is created by speaking the truth. After the commotion, most foreigners fell in line and started using masks, they did not leave en masse.  Thailand knows that unless foreigners are kept chained (using all their document requirements) and controlled, they will go berserk. Have you seen an explosion of videos (TikTok, YouTube, and other social media) about the discovery of a gold mine in Thailand in the form of 5000 baht rooms and 50 baht meals, and one guy is even explaining how close to each other the places are. 🙂

3 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What happened to the COVID racism commotions? There is nothing wrong if, from time to time, some commotion is created by speaking the truth. After the commotion, most foreigners fell in line and started using masks, they did not leave en masse.  Thailand knows that unless foreigners are kept chained (using all their document requirements) and controlled, they will go berserk. Have you seen an explosion of videos (TikTok, YouTube, and other social media) about the discovery of a gold mine in Thailand in the form of 5000 baht rooms and 50 baht meals, and one guy is even explaining how close to each other the places are. 🙂

you sound like a complete and utter nutcase.

either that or you are a very poor troll.

2/10 - Must try harder!

bob.

• Thanks 1

Just in terms of life, if you have a pile of a million people, you will have a certain percentage of suckholes.

Millions of people come to Thailand without problems. A few have problems. Most of them have problems due to their own behavior.

To me, when you are in someone elses house, you behave by their rules. Its not hard at all.

Come to my house, behave by my rules.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Come to my house, behave by my rules.

i once had a thai man come to my house,

he behaved very poorly.

he thought that as he was thai and i was a farang that he could whatever he liked in my house.

needless to say he was booted out within an hour and asked never to return.

did i do the right thing?

bob.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

i once had a thai man come to my house,

he behaved very poorly.

he thought that as he was thai and i was a farang that he could whatever he liked in my house.

needless to say he was booted out within an hour and asked never to return.

did i do the right thing?

bob.

Well if you dont know whether you did the right thing, its not up to me to teach you the rules of life, etiquette and courtesy.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

You are still too naive to understand why it's so difficult to get permanent residency and citizenship in Thailand, unlike in the USA, for example.

But it is not very difficult to enter Thailand and stay for years on end. Foreigners want it all one way.

Difficult for a Thai to get into the UK for a holiday, far less stay for any length of time. Maybe when it is as easy for Thais to go and live in every country as easy as the US, things may change.