OPINION: If Mr. Trump takes power will more Americans REALLY leave the US this time?

Jingthing

This time is different.

How do I know?

Well, I took my own survey of like-minded individuals, and my particular favorite echo-chamber resonates decisively along the lines of my own thoughts.

Prove me worng!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Jingting is one of half a dozen posters here who inspired me to post here after a decade of lurking. So I don't want to derail his thread into  just laughing at Trump people here.

-PLUS, so much of their ardor feels weirdly performative. They hold armloads of fairly liberal positions on everything from healthcare to gun control. And then travel, which real republicans never do. Finally, they are very suspiciously Jesus-lite.

I've asked about this dozens of times, and they always turn into Marcel Marceau when pressed. I suspect that they are just lazy faux-contrarians.

Back on topic, ONLY liberals care about Thai culture or cultural anything. Conservatives are truly just here for the cheap noodles and willing women. As I tour Morocco, I am extremely unlikely to encounter a republican.

Liberals in general are more likely to be expats for that reason. Then pretend-conservatives like we find here, and then finally, ex-military who are likely to have some former connection to a place they expat to.

I guess I'm conservative then (I kind of am) because I did study Thai culture in my earlier years here and discovered it's really not my cup of tea, so I treat Thailand like a poorer man's Miami. It's strictly transactional. 

Of course mainstream American culture isn't my thang either!

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

it's really not my cup of tea, so I treat Thailand like a poorer man's Miami. It's strictly transactional. 

Thai cultural interest means you're Buddhism-friendly. That's about 99.99% liberal-oriented in the west.

-In the west. 

4 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Thai cultural interest means you're Buddhism-friendly. That's about 99.99% liberal-oriented in the west.

-In the west. 

How about atheism? Is Buddism really a religion anyway?

9 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

Uh, I just did.

Right above you.

Wait, now I'm confused.  Are you saying it's NOT different this time?  That all the wailing and teeth-gnashing will turn out to be one great vegan nothingburger?  That despite all the promises to leave, few ever will?  They'll wake up after (s)election day and realize nothing much has changed?

I suppose you're right.

1 minute ago, NoDisplayName said:

Wait, now I'm confused.  

I suppose you're right.

People don't move for political reasons unless they're dodging a holocaust. Fattie's not my flavor, but he's too inept for that.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

People don't move for political reasons unless they're dodging a holocaust. Fattie's not my flavor, but he's too inept for that.

You're wrong. 

People do.

The only question is about the numbers.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're wrong. 

People do.

You're wrong. 

People do.

I guess I might qualify. The Covid decimation of my Appalachian county (one in four dead) and the subsequent  local health system collapse was a primary cause of our move.

But that was only tangentially connected to Fattie. We'd made our peace with the Lord Lovers and fake militia cammo wearers long ago. We called them: Family. I see Latte sippers moving to a blue state instead of overseas.

As long as I'm here, Morocco is up and coming as retirement place for Frenchies. Problems: A grand a month to rent an apartment in Casablanca in a whitie-friendly area. Where you'd want to be to be near so-so health care.

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The topic is about ALL Americans. not just the tiny number of people who are celebrities.

Americans leave all the time for different reasons.

Some leave for political reasons.

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

You mean the far left businessinsider article?

image.png.8eae2d6244a27821f150e4070e4c4316.png

Yep, bias-left reporting, folie à duex or shared delusional disorder (SDD).

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The topic is about ALL Americans. not just the tiny number of people who are celebrities.

Americans leave all the time for different reasons.

Some leave for political reasons.

Who cares if the garbage collector left for political reasons?

Point is that those that went on their soap box to declare they would leave, didn't leave, and some of them this time they declare the same.

Only shows what a bunch of poor lefty losers they are

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Point is that those that went on their soap box to declare they would leave, didn't leave, and some of them this time they declare the same.

That's your obsession. Not the topic here.

• Like 1

In that your obsession is starting a topic about something you, or anyone else, ever can prove. It's called a troll topic where I grew up

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
16 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Expand  

Look at your own created topic title, will more Americans REALLY leave the US this time?

It clearly shows that you ask if those that went on their soapbox REALLY left.

Do you have a list of garbage collectors that declared they would leave?

2 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Do you have a list of garbage collectors that declared they would leave?

You're too into this stuff. You go straight to butt hurt.

Every. Time. Where's the bantz?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BenStark said:

In that your obsession is starting a topic about something you, or anyone else, ever can prove. It's called a troll topic where I grew up

If the topic offends you no need to read or post to it.

As I have said I am making no predictions.

As far as proof it will be knowable IF Mr. Trump comes into power.

So I hope it doesn't become knowable!

To add, there is much more to the fabric of societies than celebrities and garbage men.

Though I reckon that overall garbage men are more useful.

Edited by Jingthing

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

For people that are motivated to leave by politics, it would occur to them.

I have met many Americans abroad over the years who have been motivated to leave by politics.

But the vast majority have been right wingers.

So right wingers do what they say, lefties don't.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well more maga Americans are moving to Russia now. Maybe they won't feel the need if Trump takes power. 

Link please... I think that you have confused yourself... the story was conservative canadians moving to russia.

Actual TDS, as opposed to the projected version, is the affliction of people who think a clown who schlepps NFTs of himself as a fighter pilot or astronaut, and whose major announcement is selling golden sneakers made in China, is a good candidate for President of the United States of America.

That fake astronaut is the same guy who regularly ran to the White House bunker when a Code Pink protest (the average Code Pinker is a 70 year old lady) appeared on Pennsylvania Ave. Not exactly "The Right Stuff", though he does have the right stuffing, as in the same morbid obesity his cult carries.

LOL!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Link please... I think that you have confused yourself... the story was conservative canadians moving to russia.

Refer to the youtube channel of maga Z pro Putin American called Expat American. 

• Haha 1

This article isn't about this but I wonder if President Biden being reelected over Mr. Trump will motivate a wave of super Magas to leave as well? If so where will they go? Russia and Hungary sure but does Thailand have appeal for such extremists?