Unsure why 90-day online notify rejected

I re-entered Thailand on 21 Dec. 2023 so was due for 90-day notify by around March 21. I did annual renewal of Non-O retirement stay on March 6, if that makes any difference. Yesterday, March 9, I did online notification but today received email that it has been rejected with no reason stated, only "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately." 

What did I do wrong? This means I must now go to CW? How do I know what documents, if any, they need?

Thanks.

You will not receive a reply that explains why.

Many folk have had this experience (myself included) when using online reporting. 

You could try doing another. 

Some folk suggest that after an overseas trip you must do first report in person however there are reports of doing it online after travel out of Thailand 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

If you can't phone them and you end up having to go to CM, make sure you take a completed TM30 with you, this seems to be a sticking point with online reporting at the moment.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, reefsurfah said:

When you renew visa, online 90 day reporting is not possible the first time.

He obtained a 12 month extension to his permission of stay (not a new Visa) 

That has nothing to do with 90 day reporting. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

He obtained a 12 month extension to his permission of stay (not a new Visa) 

That has nothing to do with 90 day reporting. 

If he as just obtained a new extension of stay then he needs to update his TM47 to show the updated 'permission to stay' date.  This can be done online when submitting the 90-day report.

At least, that has been my experience.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Your experience is not the norm. 

Which immigration office 

Jomtien

I had a 90-day report rejected just after getting an extension of stay because my TM47 was out of date - and I did get an error message that said exactly that.  Updating the TM47 fixed that.  This was a couple of years ago.

37 minutes ago, david_je said:

This means I must now go to CW? How do I know what documents, if any, they need?

Yes this is what they write "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately." 

Take your last TM30 registration with and the last TM47 report and your original passport.

I have had a couple rejection over the years. Through trial and error, the following did the trick:

1. Submit the exact same information again, within the 14 days reporting window. Approved second time around.

2. In the address field, instead of just writing my unit number as x/yzx, add Room x/yzx. Approved!

Good luck 👍

2 hours ago, reefsurfah said:

When you renew visa, online 90 day reporting is not possible the first time.

three months ago it worked fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, david_je said:

I did annual renewal of Non-O retirement stay on March 6, if that makes any difference.

Maybe they reset your 90-day reporting clock without telling you when you applied for your latest retirement extension last week? That certainly happened to me at Rayong last July - but I gather that this might, in any event, be a first for CW in your case, though.

Edited by OJAS

4 hours ago, Somrak said:

David_je

Why you did not let make the 90 days after you became the new Extension?

He wrote that his 90-day report due date was 21 March, but that he applied for his 1-year extension on 6 March.  That's one day too early as in his case the earliest date to do the 90-day report was 7 March.

• Thanks 1

David,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Last year the 90-day online reporting worked without any problems.

I contacted a nearby Visa Service office here on Phuket to find out what the reason was.

The answer: Since I (Retirement Visa/Extension in the last 15 years) was abroad for a few months last year and re-entered Thailand on November 15th, I need a new residence address confirmation. 90 days of online reporting are only possible if there has been no travel outside Thailand since the last successful 90 days of reporting.

I couldn't go to Phuket Immigration due to health problems. That's why I asked the visa office to the job for me. After 2 days my wife was able to pick up my passport there along with a new confirmation of residence (the same one I have had for 15 years) plus 90 days of confirmation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phuketcouple said:

David,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Last year the 90-day online reporting worked without any problems.

I contacted a nearby Visa Service office here on Phuket to find out what the reason was.

The answer: Since I (Retirement Visa/Extension in the last 15 years) was abroad for a few months last year and re-entered Thailand on November 15th, I need FIRST a new residence address confirmation. 90 days of online reporting are only possible if there has been no travel outside Thailand since the last successful 90 days of reporting.

I couldn't go to Phuket Immigration due to health problems. That's why I asked the visa office to do the job for me. After 2 days my wife was able to pick up my passport there along with a new confirmation of residence (the same one I have had for 15 years) plus 90 days confirmation.

• Confused 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:41 PM, doctormann said:

If he as just obtained a new extension of stay then he needs to update his TM47 to show the updated 'permission to stay' date.  This can be done online when submitting the 90-day report.

Yes, in filling the online form I did put the new permission to stay date. Thanks.

17 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Are you sure you didn't get the 90 day when you did your extension? Imm always puts in a 90 day receipt in my passport when I pick up the extension.

No, they did not, I just rechecked. Actually, in my post I mistakenly said I did the renewal of extension application on March 6. Actually it was in February; I applied early. So it would have been way to early to do a 90-day notification (I re-entered Thailand Dec. 21), as I understand it. Thanks.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:27 PM, DrJack54 said:

Many folk have had this experience (myself included) when using online reporting. 

Some folk suggest that after an overseas trip you must do first report in person however there are reports of doing it online after travel out of Thailand 

I have resubmitted notification application and will see what happens. If you have to do in person after overseas trip, then will have to do that, I guess. What would be rationale for requiring that?

Will be going to CW this week since, as I said, I tried to do online notification but received email that it has been rejected with no reason stated, only "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately." 

Can someone who was in similar situation advise what documents I may need to prepare, or procedure I should expect there? Thanks.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:27 PM, DrJack54 said:

Not true. I got a reply telling me my 90 day report failed due to lack of information. I resubmitted it the next day filling out questions which weren't relevant and they accepted it.

24 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Not true. I got a reply telling me my 90 day report failed due to lack of information. I resubmitted it the next day filling out questions which weren't relevant and they accepted it.

Which immigration office in your case, please? Just wondering whether "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately" might be some standard CW response to all online 90-day report rejections (which, if CW is also your office, would probably indicate that it was not).

The response I received from Rayong to the rejected 90-day report I referred to in my previous post was the rather more meaningful (if terminologically incorrect!) "Latest visa extension was on 20 July 2023. Next 90 day notification will be on 17 Oct 2023".

Edited by OJAS

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Which immigration office in your case, please?

Buriram.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

Many people have tried again after getting the rejection and were successful the 2nd time.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:41 PM, doctormann said:

There is no field in the TM47 to put the "updated permission to stay". Take a look at the attached blank TM47. The only date it asks for is "entered Thailand on" .. that would be the arrival date. So how can it be done "when submitting the 90 day report"??   

( I also have had my online 90 day check in rejected) I have a feeling the first check in needs to be done in person after the first 1 year permission to stay on a Non-O imm visa. I've tried twice online and been rejected after tweaking the address etc.. I may just need to go to CW yet another time... 

Form-TM-47 (1).pdf

Edited by StandardIssue

12 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

I've tried twice online and been rejected after tweaking the address etc.. I may just need to go to CW yet another time... 

Have you considered mail option.

At CW that needs to be done 15 days prior to due date

The online system seemed to improve for a couple of years; it has now reverted to rat sxxt, which like a lot of digital stuff here, is its default setting.  Eg; the AIS app is out tonight, the SCB one was out on Saturday.   This is Thailand, it happens. 

4 minutes ago, StandardIssue said:

What difference would that make? Why would mail in be approved and online not approved?

You are unfamiliar with  90 day reporting history.

In person and via mail virtually bullet proof.

Reporting online has been hit and miss for years. 

Almost weekly reports on this. 

Failure even moreso at CW which is the OP situation. 

How have your TM47 reports been working out?