Decade-old Thai rice from controversial scheme found fresh

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting timing. Seems like Yingluk's return is imminent. Once again I must congraulate The Thaiger GPT on an excellent AI written article. Well done and please keep up the stupendous journalistically written articles word salads.🥱

but this headline didn't have a catch phrase. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting timing. Seems like Yingluk's return is imminent. Once again I must congraulate The Thaiger GPT on an excellent AI written article. Well done and please keep up the stupendous journalistically written articles word salads.🥱

Written by AI ,call it being picky, but a sack of rice in one of these warehouses weighs 90 kg not 50 kg, again I am having my doubts about AI.

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Will it be a condition of Yingluck’s return that she has to eat some of this rice? 🤔

It should be a condition that those like Prayut & Prawit eat it the rest of their lives in a small jail cell...Since it was one of the claims they orchestrated to overthrow a legally elected government  ...Oh but wait they also created that Get Out OF Jail Free card 🙄

Edited by mania
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Will it be a condition of Yingluck’s return that she has to eat some of this rice? 🤔

All of it 🍚🍚🍚

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the Association of Thai Agricultural Product Surveyors, Poonpon Trading’s warehouse harbours 32,879 bags of rice, while the Kittichai facility accommodates a whopping 112,711 bags, each bag weighing 50 kilogrammes.

13 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Interesting timing. Seems like Yingluk's return is imminent.

She should be made to eat this rice! 🤔

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, the scheme was marred by controversy, with accusations of significant financial losses and substandard storage

Yay Yingluck is saved, Tony is well, two miracles in just one week,

Praise the Lord Saint Tony our blessed beloved savior has risen again. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

All the family should be made to eat it every day

If no one gets sick good luck for them

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

What next, nobody was actually ever hurt at Tak Bai? The Shins are really a family of saints and have been sorely misjudged by the negligent media? And so the rehabilitation continues...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

What next, nobody was actually ever hurt at Tak Bai? The Shins are really a family of saints and have been sorely misjudged by the negligent media? And so the rehabilitation continues...

Yep, no one was hurt at Tak Bai, it was all a misunderstanding. No one was murdered in the war on drugs, they were actually all suicides or accidents. His wife didn't buy prime land from the government at way below market value, he didn't approve a loan from a government bank to the military junta in Burma to buy his satellites, He did pay fair tax on his sale of Shin Corp, there was no corruption in the building of Suvaranbhumi, he didn't transfer shares to his drivers and maids to avoid declaring his wealth (it was an "honest mistake" as he said), he didn't get the BOI to approve tax breaks for Shin Corp etc etc

Hallelujah, the saint has returned! All hail Tony!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, loong said:

I am amazed that they still have rice in storage after 10 years!
I wonder what the average storage cost per Kg of rice works out at. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they won't recover the storage costs! 

Who owns those big ol' warehouses?

What are they charging the government annually to store moldy, old rice?

Answer these questions and you might not be so amazed, Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Storing that stuff for a decade must have cost a multiple of the value of the rice. The scheme generating losses for the government? You bet. And yet they are talking about "profits" from selling the rice. There ain't no profits other than for the warehouse operators.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Why would they not have released some of this during the pandemic. 

I am sure there would have been plenty of households were a 50kg bag of rice, even in not mint condition, would have been welcomed.

After a quick Google search most comments were white rice had a shelf life of 2 years, but under the right storage conditions 10 years or more is possible. Biggest issue is moisture and temperature.

Edited by rct99q
Spelling
  • Like 1