British and American men arrested for real estate violations

webfact

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's amazing the lengths us foreigners will go to have some dirt in our name. They're coming for us (foreigners) the white devils.Β 

Β 

Just keep your head down, only speak when spoken to. Sort of like prison rules.

Β 

Yet another in the long list of reasons why you should only rent.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Β 

Foreigners can own up to 49% of shares in a registered company that can own land.Β  Americans can own 100% of a registered company that can own land (under the Treaty of Amity)Β  Β But the companies have to be properly registered and the owned land can only be used for specified purposes.Β  So it's not that black and white...

Β 

Β 

49% is not ownership. True, Americans have that option, but through a company, and with restrictions.. My point was, and still is, you, as a foreign person, can not own land in in los.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

It was reported on AN some time ago police had raided an accountants / solicitors office in Patong (cannot remember which) investigating similar and is within time frame of date on documents produced in this instance.

Β 

By coincidence on thurs. afternoon my partner was sitting in Jomtien Hospital waiting on test results. In waiting room was falang and thai partner, in walked police (DSI) approached falang with documents in hand and asked if he was ....... They all left together.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I've seen plenty of article fluffing on here before but this is rediculous.

Gotta get your lotto numbers from somewhere. Consider it a service πŸ™‚

Β 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

49% is not ownership. True, Americans have that option, but through a company, and with restrictions.. My point was, and still is, you, as a foreign person, can not own land in in los.

Β 

True.Β  I recall a few years back, they proposed allowing some foreign land ownership in order to attract high wealth individuals and foreign companies.Β  As I recall, it was limited to a small yard to build a residence.Β  Β Not farmland, and it was tied to investment that benefitted Thailand.Β  But I'm pretty sure that went nowhere.Β 

Β 

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Invest in your home country. Β Rent and spend in Thailand. Β KISS!

Β 
Worst case scenario. Β Losing your rental deposit (which I never have) vs millions of baht. Β Grab passport and perhaps a suitcase and go.Β 
Β 

Didn’t keep your home country home? Oh well, better luck next time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, rexpotter said:

All attachments to anything earthly end in failure. Had all the stuff, designer wife, Big house great job, Benz, BMW etc. 25 years ago a grabbed backpack and left the keys in my Volvo at Chicago O'hare and never looked back.

Do you live in a cave?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chetzee said:

..... so to put in one sentance . Β  Β They helped create Ltd companies to facilitate land purchase ........ Is that what everyone else is read there ? Β  Β 

Β 

How could that be?Β  I've been assured countless times by anonymous posters that it's perfectly legal for foreigners to own property by setting up shady shell companies.Β  Shirley, the government would never crack down on these activities.

Β 

But if true, I'd hope all the Swiss retirees out there would keep a low profile until this current round of xenophobia passes.

Β 

Otherwise, one or two more Thai ladies getting kicked or beaten, and immigration could start cracking down on retirees using agents to fake the financial requirements!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 5:06 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I think you may have mistaken me as as the preacher sonΒ  , I want more of these guys !

I enjoy thinking about their heartbreak the sad life's they left behind.

Β 

Last night I'm walking thru the streets in Australia approached by a indigenous homeless guy outside asking for money ,I said I will do better than that and bought him a cheap bottle of wine so he can totally get smashed and cause havoc πŸ˜…

Β 

Β 

6 hours ago, Chetzee said:

..... so to put in one sentance . Β  Β They helped create Ltd companies to facilitate land purchase ........ Is that what everyone else is read there ? Β  Β 

Yep and this should help fuel the debate between the its legal to own property inside an LLC foreigner group and the its illegal for foreigners to own property within a company.Β