Visa-free access to the UK in new roadmap pact signed in Bangkok on flying visit by Cameron

webfact

RECIPROCITY is a great word to read when topics of this nature are announced. In other words, if Thai passport holders are able to enter the UK free, then UK passport holders should be able to enter Thailand on the same basis… not likely when Thailand relies on this cash cow for income…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I hope the IDC in London has plenty of beds as they are going to need them! 

Thais are notorious for overstaying their visas and working illegally in other countries.

bob.

• Agree 1

I think EU (Schengen) and UK should introduce same system for Thais what Canada already have. If Thai Citizen who owns biometric passport have had Schengen/UK Visitor visa in last 10 years then they should be available to apply for ETIAS or ETA for the UK.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Maybe the UK will end up having their own little Crackdown on 'breaking the law foreigners-working without permission-overstaying'  etc ........

They already do that, plenty on YouTube.

23 minutes ago, Denim said:

Already been done by many :

https://iasservices.org.uk/vfs-global-receives-criticism-after-string-of-severe-issues/

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/latest-updates/two-vfs-employees-forge-visa-appointment-letters/articleshow/101848572.cms?from=mdr

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/home-office-investigation-complaints-vfs-global-outsourcing-visas-immigration-a9214306.html

These are just a few examples. A google search turns up many more.

Some of the questions about terrorism are absurd. If I had ever been a member of a terrorist group and actively participated in terrorist activity would I be dumb enough to write it all down on a request for a UK visit visa ??

Related to the visa issue :

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/01/home-office-makes-800-profit-on-some-visa-applications?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That's, good the more the better. if there is wrong doing.

Have you lodged a complaint yourself.

Not had to deal with a visitor visa for a good 15 years, and it was ok then, well for Her in a attendance.

maybe a total nightmare now.

I don't know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

active talks will now focus on granting visa-free access to Thai passport holders in the United Kingdom.

Damn  - just completed the process successfully after submitting 47 
A4 documents & paying for English translation & answering such mind boggling questions as;  'Are you a terrorist?' 

Mind you 'active talks' suggests it won't happen in my life-time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

In Future News, “hundreds of thousands of Thais are now living in the UK illegally.”

...and kicking doctors in A&E ...

(Await confused emojis from hard of thinking)

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

More than likely if it becomes law, it will allow entry for 30 days. Any more time would need a visa

Yep, and Thais will never overstay.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, quake said:

That's, good the more the better. if there is wrong doing.

Have you lodged a complaint yourself.

Not had to deal with a visitor visa for a good 15 years, and it was ok then, well for Her in a attendance.

maybe a total nightmare now.

I don't know.

No, I have not indulged in pis*ing into the wind myself in the belief that the only result would be a further wasting of my time..

Yup, 15 years ago it was a breeze. Try it now and you will find things have changed.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Deserted said:

So thais can now go to the UK for a holiday and not need a visa?

Not yet these are just preliminary negotiations 

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

No, I have not indulged in pis*ing into the wind myself in the belief that the only result would be a further wasting of my time..

Yup, 15 years ago it was a breeze. Try it now and you will find things have changed.

Ok.

I maybe find out latter this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Maybe the UK will end up having their own little Crackdown on 'breaking the law foreigners-working without permission-overstaying'  etc ........

I know lots of Foreigners that have taken their Thai girlfriends to England for a holiday and stayed there and got work. one is teaching English in a public school another is a waitress in a country hotel and another one works in a bakery.. I speak to them most weeks on FB. they used to by my students in a private language school years ago.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

I predict they will rue this decision - New Zealand surely did. They allowed Thais to enter NZ visa-free for three months back in the 1990's, with the end result being many thousands of Thai illegal over-stayers, who no doubt fell in love with the clean air in NZ and the easy ability to get a cash job. Kiwi's got a reciprocal deal from Thailand at the time - enter with no visa. New Zealand woke up & went back to making Thais apply for a visa and of course, Thailand responded to that decision by doing the same thing to NZ passport holders. 

Kiwis are model citizens, so lets make them visa free.!! 

Edited by Olmate
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

I predict they will rue this decision - New Zealand surely did. They allowed Thais to enter NZ visa-free for three months back in the 1990's, with the end result being many thousands of Thai illegal over-stayers, who no doubt fell in love with the clean air in NZ and the easy ability to get a cash job. Kiwi's got a reciprocal deal from Thailand at the time - enter with no visa. New Zealand woke up & went back to making Thais apply for a visa and of course, Thailand responded to that decision by doing the same thing to NZ passport holders. 

Funny that New Zealanders could move and stay in Aust with no passport or visa until recently, criminal  kiwis could not be deported.Place was flooded with good,(well a few) and Bad! All fixed now hopefully altho plenty troublemakers remain.

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Some of the questions about terrorism are absurd. If I had ever been a member of a terrorist group and actively participated in terrorist activity would I be dumb enough to write it all down on a request for a UK visit visa ??

Didn't I read somewhere the NHS asks men if they are pregnant? The silliness seems to be contagious.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RobU said:

Not yet these are just preliminary negotiations 

Australia is having similar discussion, recently  announced that Thais could apply for 5yr multi entrytourist visa as can citizens of China! 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Australia is having similar discussion, recently  announced that Thais could apply for 5yr multi entrytourist visa as can citizens of China! 

Multi year visas make more sense than one off. If you are going to vet people then it would be rare that they became "undesirable" within five years.

India has a five year visa for US$80. China offers a ten year visa to Americans. Both are multi entry and have a maximum stay per entry cap

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

Multi year visas make more sense than one off. If you are going to vet people then it would be rare that they became "undesirable" within five years.

India has a five year visa for US$80. China offers a ten year visa to Americans. Both are multi entry and have a maximum stay per entry cap

Currently your average thai wishing to visit Australia undergoes strict scrutiny and will most likely be refused. Cost to apply for 5yr visa is I think $AU1500,so 35Kbht. Discussion ongoing for a visa free entry as per this thread UKThai.

Edited by Olmate
Add