What Would You Have Israel Do to Defend Itself?

image.png

Rethinking Israel's Military Strategy in Gaza: Navigating the Complex Terrain of Underground Warfare

In the wake of escalating conflict between Israel and Hamas, the international community grapples with the complexities of military strategy, humanitarian concerns, and political implications. As casualties mount and civilian suffering intensifies, calls for a reevaluation of Israel's approach to defending itself against Hamas's aggression grow louder. While there is a consensus on Israel's right to self-defense, questions abound regarding the efficacy and morality of its current military tactics.

Central to the debate is the unique nature of the battleground in Gaza, where Hamas has constructed an extensive network of underground tunnels, transforming the conflict into a subterranean struggle. These tunnels serve as hiding places for militants, storage facilities for weapons, and conduits for covert movement. Hamas's deliberate positioning of military infrastructure beneath civilian areas further complicates the situation, blurring the lines between combatants and non-combatants and exacerbating the risk of civilian casualties.

Against this backdrop, Israel faces the formidable challenge of neutralizing Hamas's underground capabilities while minimizing harm to innocent civilians. Traditional military methods, such as airstrikes and ground operations, have proven insufficient in dismantling the tunnel network without causing significant collateral damage. The intricacies of tunnel warfare demand innovative and precise tactics tailored to the subterranean battlefield.

One proposed alternative is a more targeted approach focused on disrupting Hamas's leadership and key operatives responsible for orchestrating attacks against Israel. By prioritizing precision strikes and intelligence-led operations, Israel aims to degrade Hamas's military capabilities while sparing civilian lives. However, the efficacy of such a strategy hinges on the ability to locate and neutralize high-value targets hidden within Gaza's labyrinthine tunnels.

Another option under consideration is a shift towards counterinsurgency tactics, akin to those employed by the United States during the surge in Iraq. This approach emphasizes winning the hearts and minds of the local population through a combination of security measures and humanitarian assistance. While challenging in the context of Gaza, where suspicion and animosity run deep, a concerted effort to address underlying grievances and rebuild trust could help erode support for Hamas and pave the way for lasting peace.

Critics argue that any military strategy must be complemented by a comprehensive political and humanitarian initiative aimed at addressing the root causes of the conflict. Israel's failure to engage meaningfully with Palestinian grievances and its neglect of humanitarian concerns risk perpetuating the cycle of violence and hindering efforts towards a sustainable resolution. A paradigm shift is needed, one that prioritizes dialogue, reconciliation, and the pursuit of shared prosperity for Israelis and Palestinians alike.

In the pursuit of peace, the international community must play a proactive role in fostering dialogue and facilitating negotiations between the conflicting parties. Diplomatic pressure, economic incentives, and multilateral cooperation can incentivize de-escalation and promote confidence-building measures on both sides. Additionally, regional actors must be engaged as stakeholders in the peace process, leveraging their influence to promote stability and security in the region.

Ultimately, the path to peace in the Middle East is fraught with challenges and obstacles, but it is not insurmountable. By reimagining military strategy, prioritizing humanitarian concerns, and embracing diplomacy, Israel and its neighbors can chart a course towards a more peaceful and prosperous future. The road ahead may be long and arduous, but the pursuit of peace is a noble endeavor worthy of relentless pursuit.

Source

image.png

On 3/27/2024 at 5:18 AM, Social Media said:

One proposed alternative is a more targeted approach focused on disrupting Hamas's leadership and key operatives responsible for orchestrating attacks against Israel. By prioritizing precision strikes and intelligence-led operations, Israel aims to degrade Hamas's military capabilities while sparing civilian lives. However, the efficacy of such a strategy hinges on the ability to locate and neutralize high-value targets hidden within Gaza's labyrinthine tunnels.

I believe the discussions from the US taking place with the Israeli delegation in Washington next week will consider some of these options.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

17 hours ago, retarius said:

I think the fine minds of the UNSC have spoken about this, considered it, debated it and come to the conclusion that the genocide has to stop. 

More fine minds like mine  would say that Israel should remove itself from all stolen lands and go back into the only lands it (might be) legally entitled to, i.e. the lands shown in the maps used to delineate Arab and jewish areas in the original documents which started this wretched intractable problem.

The land was in the UN documents was divided into an Arab half and Jewish half. Sadly the Jews wanted more than their fair share of land and have been on a land theft spree ever since. 

If the jews retreat to their land and stop the land theft for settlements etc I think the problem will ameliorate but never heal. 

Might be huh?

You gave yourself away with that one.

• Haha 1

On October 7 Hamas baited Israel into the response they got INTENTIONALLY. 

Hamas wanted mass civilian casualties of their own people to use to gain international sympathy and gin up hatred of both Israel and Jews.

So Hamas got what they wanted but I don’t think any country in Israel's position would have or should have responded very differently.

At best they could have been more careful and sacrificed more IDF soldiers in exchange but there would still be mass civilian casualties and the PR victory for Hamas would be much the same.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

This has to be solely  Seen as an religious conflict about the Holy land, where all parts have same origin and believe in the same god, and same inspiration for their holy books. 

Brothers who fight the same battle

If there is going to be peace, there must be a neutral zone, controlled by neutral international forces, and back to orign borders. It is as Simple as that. 

Palestine also controlled by neutral international forces and demilitarized. There is no other options than to bring back humanity and hope for the region. 

Where would that neutral international force come from ?

It would have to be independent from the U.N , as the U.N are not neutral

Neither Israel of Hamas would accept this new armed force , so this new army would have to invade Israel and defeat the IDF , then invade Gaza and defeat Hamas , then occupy the whole land .

Would need a 100 000 soldiers , where would they come from and who would pay for it . 

What assurances would there be that the this new army doesn't side with either Hamas or IDF and attack the other side ?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Where would that neutral international force come from ?

It would have to be independent from the U.N , as the U.N are not neutral

Neither Israel of Hamas would accept this new armed force , so this new army would have to invade Israel and defeat the IDF , then invade Gaza and defeat Hamas , then occupy the whole land .

Would need a 100 000 soldiers , where would they come from and who would pay for it . 

What assurances would there be that the this new army doesn't side with either Hamas or IDF and attack the other side ?

They have experience from Lebanon, so it is possible to manage. Un forces is neutral, thats their mandate

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

They have experience from Lebanon, so it is possible to manage. Un forces is neutral, thats their mandate

This isn't Lebanon thought and its a different situation .

The U.N peacekeepers just stood in the middle of both sides to stop them fighting .

They went there to keep the peace , they didn't go there to fight .

That wouldn't work in Israel , as Hamas would attack the peacekeepers and they would have to either leave or get into a war with Hamas 

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

This isn't Lebanon thought and its a different situation .

The U.N peacekeepers just stood in the middle of both sides to stop them fighting .

They went there to keep the peace , they didn't go there to fight .

That wouldn't work in Israel , as Hamas would attack the peacekeepers and they would have to either leave or get into a war with Hamas 

It is a dead case, because Israel will expand. Thats their plan, and I doubt anyone will stop them. They live the prophecies, itis who they are

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hummin said:

It is a dead case, because Israel will expand. Thats their plan, and I doubt anyone will stop them. They live the prophecies, itis who they are

It seems that way now , Israel was previously content to live with Gaza by its side , but since the Oct 7 terror attack Israel needs to take measures to stop any more terror attacks and the only solution is to move the Palaestians away from Gaza .

When that land becomes free , Israelis may as well settle on it to stop Hamas coming back 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No they live by politics in a democracy. I predict Israel will only enforce a border buffer zone within Gaza but the question is will it be big or small.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

let them fight to the death and leave them to get on with it, this is the only real solution that actually works as proven for the last.............human history

I know of no such situation, ever. Can you provide an example of that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

UN forces between israel and Lebanon have not stopped that conflict. I think their role is to ask the sides to stop fighting and be nice, and when that doesn't work they go and have a cup of tea.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:27 PM, Hummin said:

If the settlements is not removed, there will not be any peace.

If either Biden or Trump win in November, I doubt either will try to force israel to remove itself from the West Bank.

Perhaps in the future, a couple of generations on, there will be a POTUS that is not afraid of the Jewish establishment in the USA and will end illegal israeli settlements, but not in my lifetime I fear.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

virtually every war ever........  the  winning side dictates what happens next

You said "fight to the death". That has never to my knowledge happened. An example of that is what I want you to provide.

• Haha 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

You said "fight to the death". That has never to my knowledge happened. An example of that is what I want you to provide.

no one dies in wars? what does war mean to you? It means they fight to the death, when more of them are dead or disabled then thats the winner.

• Love It 1