Disgusted

smedly

On 3/30/2024 at 2:57 PM, smedly said:

behind Big C about 1km

Unfortunately for some reason I cannot get the location from the co-ords you gave. Is this the land on the left as you drive down Yume away from Big C Extra but just before you get to Tantarak school and the cross roads?

If so it was cleared quite a few years ago and metal panel fencing erected but had been left to overgrow again - or are we talking another plot? 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:31 PM, it is what it is said:

sorry, but you are wrong to suggest this is a thai trait, back home the council in a small town near me decided to cut down around 30 mature deciduous trees for apparently no reason, they did it overnight which was particularly sly. and once they're gone thatorry but you are wrong to zuggest ,..

Sorry but you are wrong to suggest this is not a Thai trait simply because back

home they do similar..,  A trait is not something that has to be unique. Suggest you looking up the definition.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Spamhead said:

Sorry but you are wrong to suggest this is not a Thai trait simply because back

home they do similar..,  A trait is not something that has to be unique. Suggest you looking up the definition.

One seems to notice in residential areas and say places like Pattaya, we are down to the last few and rare areas of trees, and suddenly one day, another few are gone because they are in the way or require too much effort. A house near me sold and the new occupants quickly stripped out all trees and large bushes, looked like a bowling green or cricket pitch. I bet it is hot now!

• Agree 1

Most of the area, not used for building is just scrub land round central pattaya.

Grub it all out and build them shop houses. or maybe a factory employing 100 people. or just a nice house for some well off Thai family.

Plenty of jungle a few Kilometers out of town.

• Confused 2

On 3/31/2024 at 3:38 PM, topt said:

Unfortunately for some reason I cannot get the location from the co-ords you gave. Is this the land on the left as you drive down Yume away from Big C Extra but just before you get to Tantarak school and the cross roads?

Think it's this area just before you reach the remains of the Woraburi.  The Street View photo is from last year and doesn't show the pool/restaurant/market that's at the roadside nowadays.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@12.9370702,100.8975339,3a,75y,300.87h,83.32t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s1SoabkF4-ZW5_1UhMcW1gA!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3D1SoabkF4-ZW5_1UhMcW1gA%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D65.19056%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Thanks 1

I live at the Euro Condominium right next to this lot. They bulldozed it and set up a stage. The music is rock concert loud. I have free Vip balcony seats to every performance. Glad I don't work nights or need to talk on the phone! Have been thinking about getting Bj's on the balcony during shows. Will let you know how the groupies work out.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 9:38 PM, topt said:

Unfortunately for some reason I cannot get the location from the co-ords you gave. Is this the land on the left as you drive down Yume away from Big C Extra 

Just copy number (12°56'16.9"N 100°53'43.8"E) into your browser. 

IMG_20240404_040853.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2024 at 6:57 PM, smedly said:

behind Big C about 1km

On 3/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, smedly said:

directly north "behind" Big C Klang

On 3/30/2024 at 8:43 PM, smedly said:

12°56'16.9"N 100°53'43.8"E

it's an area of about 200m x 500m and 4 days ago full of trees - all gone

It's good of you to be cryptic with your clues and thus keep an otherwise boring thread alive.

But 1km ≠ directly north ≠ 300m  :ermm:

Also if you measure it out from Google Maps, the land size is irregular but closer to 90m x 300m. Therefore we aren't discussing a 10ha parcel of land. More like 3ha at best.

• Thumbs Up 1

NB. I missed the bit about 1,000m² in your opening post. That's only 0.1ha, not the the 10ha you subsequently alluded to.

Let me guess further....metrology isn't your strong point?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AverageAussie said:

NB. I missed the bit about 1,000m² in your opening post. That's only 0.1ha, not the the 10ha you subsequently alluded to.

typo, should ha been 100m but the area itself is about 100m/500m 

On 4/2/2024 at 6:46 AM, quake said:

Most of the area, not used for building is just scrub land round central pattaya.

Grub it all out and build them shop houses. or maybe a factory employing 100 people. or just a nice house for some well off Thai family.

Plenty of jungle a few Kilometers out of town.

my point was about the wildlife that existed there

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

my point was about the wildlife that existed there

Ok fair enough.

But most of the wild life will just move some place else.

The ones that survived the bull dozer that is. 

Everything has a cost.

On 3/30/2024 at 12:34 AM, KhunLA said:

Why I love living rural and we don't even visit cities and stay on the edge of, if that, when O&A.   Only city we go is to see daughter @ Krung Thep, and usually 1 night of late.   Very few convenient green areas, and none allow dogs, usually, not matter how large they.

And the few green areas there are, they're packed with people.

Been to Patts a few times, and it's just too congested for us, cars & people.  As are most place.  Getting around is annoying and forget parking, unless on a motorbike, and we have a very short SUV, bit shorter than our Mazda 2 sedan was.  

Queen Sirikat park is one of the largest in Bangkok and allows dogs but they must be on a lease as do several other bangkok parks.  Google it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AverageAussie said:

Thanks Mr Aussie, I just learned a new word.....the scientific study of measurements. 

I studied them at school but did not know the proper term for Vital Statistics!

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Queen Sirikat park is one of the largest in Bangkok and allows dogs but they must be on a lease as do several other bangkok parks.  Google it.

Thanks.  Have been there a few times, without the dog though.  Nice place, and an interesting Butterfly House.  Along with a bunch of squirrels & birds.

image.png.94e28a41e654d832f9d70ed090632e98.png

image.png.1675c565a38bc2a00f2cc8e88e0873d3.png

image.png.07d5cc5ede38675c92b18fd47250416e.png

image.png.c937c97f4e27acb2e6e3eace0fa3736c.png

image.png.2ec7d95db19fb33ea019ea12d11ef0b8.png

image.png.d855cc3c7cdb7d48f408b79bd6783d4a.png

image.png.d306431cb8f2cd35b6fd52742679bb4d.png

If there with dog ... yea, best to keep on leash ... 

image.png.4cc7223412374a171ab8746e78e305a4.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

Seems like Thai's always do these kinds of projects. It starts out as overkill, over the top, built in a day type thing. They get really excited about it then it does not work out, nobody shows up, makes no money, etc. Then they quickly get frustrated, leave to save face and try somewhere else before it can develop any sort of loyal customer base and actually be successful. Supports my theory of impatience & rushing.

Edited by JimTripper

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 10:09 PM, BTB1977 said:

The taxation of non agricultural land is 5 to 10 times higher due to new taxes set up a few years ago. That's why many empty plots of land were cleared and fruit trees or  banana trees were planted. And the owner reclassified the land as agricultural instead of vacant land. Large plots of land reclassified saves the owner hundreds to millions of baht . 

Yes, that's the explanation.

The same Happened in my area in North Pattaya.

When all the jungle is removed, they will plant few banana trees to do like it is now agricultural land. Few weeks after the banana trees are all dry and dead and the area looks disgusting until the vegetation comes back with rainy season.

• Sad 1

On 3/30/2024 at 1:01 PM, paul1804 said:

Sadly their is no shame from Thai's !!

Very sadly! Part of an out of date, antiquated culture and tradition! No forward thinking!

13 minutes ago, prb said:

Yes, that's the explanation.

The same Happened in my area in North Pattaya.

When all the jungle is removed, they will plant few banana trees to do like it is now agricultural land. Few weeks after the banana trees are all dry and dead and the area looks disgusting until the vegetation comes back with rainy season.

now dumping rubish 

• Sad 1