Disgusted

smedly

27 minutes ago, smedly said:

1000m squared of habitat to birds squirrels

they should be ashamed 

Discusted or Disgusted 

By law, land owners must maintain their property by regularly removing noxious vegetation. 

You'll find the wildlife will return in several months. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

about 1000m squared of habitat to birds squirrels and go knows what else, it was a wooded area were there was a thriving nature thing going on

2 days ago these ##holes brought heavy machinery to flaten the lot, they destroyed  the habitat in a wooded area of litterally thousnds of birds, the area has gone from what I would consider a nature haven in the middle of pattaya to now totally destroyed............all for what ?, 2 days for a ### band that nobody came to see, they should be ashamed 

I see you asked to have the topic relabelled.

It was labelled Discusted not Disgusted. 

I hope the mods will remove my reference to your mis spelling in my comment above. 

Discusted or Disgusted 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

The Pattaya officials seem determined to destroy every wooded and green area in the City. They take great delight in ripping up any trees or parks that might give pleasure to the population.

Yes Pattaya officials HATE HATE HATE anything green but Palm trees......They would LOVE to bulldoze Pratumnak hill I am sure...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

about 1000m squared of habitat to birds squirrels and go knows what else, it was a wooded area were there was a thriving nature thing going on

2 days ago these ##holes brought heavy machinery to flaten the lot, they destroyed  the habitat in a wooded area of litterally thousnds of birds, the area has gone from what I would consider a nature haven in the middle of pattaya to now totally destroyed............all for what ?, 2 days for a ### band that nobody came to see, they should be ashamed 

Where we are all land clearance, the road grass verges for 50m back from the roadside, and huge stretches of un-farmed land and hillsides are burned every year Jan/Feb......the destruction of wildlife and their habitat is horrendous.

No one knows why the un-farmed land and hillsides are burned.....no one even goes there........except me and the dog

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Where we are all land clearance, the road grass verges for 50m back from the roadside, and huge stretches of un-farmed land and hillsides are burned every year Jan/Feb......the destruction of wildlife and their habitat is horrendous.

No one knows why the un-farmed land and hillsides are burned.....no one even goes there........except me and the dog

They burn the hills here believeing it promotes wild mushroom growth says my wife.  However I am sure a lot of fires are started from embers floating around when they burn the sugar cane.  The sparks are clearly visible for some time at night.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, smedly said:

Where in Pattaya is this? I can't connect clearing bushland for a band to play?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, smedly said:

Very sorry to hear about this. Sadly this is happening all over Thailand. They appear to be addicted to cutting down trees and destroying wildlife habitat. Deeply depressing.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

As you started the subject then be a bit more clearer.

If Pattaya Thai Big C then a 1km radius is a large area. So towards Najomtien, or over Sukhumvit to Khao Noi area......put a location so we know what you're on about.

directly north "behind" Big C Klang

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Where in Pattaya is this? I can't connect clearing bushland for a band to play?

And I thought Dad you were the "father of Pattaya" as you self described yourself

And you didn't know Dolly Parton was playing !

Give yaself an upper cut Dad 👊

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

So around Tantarak School area.

12°56'16.9"N 100°53'43.8"E

it's an area of about 200m x 500m and 4 days ago full of trees - all gone

Edited by smedly
  • Thanks 1

Why I love living rural and we don't even visit cities and stay on the edge of, if that, when O&A.   Only city we go is to see daughter @ Krung Thep, and usually 1 night of late.   Very few convenient green areas, and none allow dogs, usually, not matter how large they.

And the few green areas there are, they're packed with people.

Been to Patts a few times, and it's just too congested for us, cars & people.  As are most place.  Getting around is annoying and forget parking, unless on a motorbike, and we have a very short SUV, bit shorter than our Mazda 2 sedan was.  

15 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

The taxation of non agricultural land is 5 to 10 times higher due to new taxes set up a few years ago. That's why many empty plots of land were cleared and fruit trees or  banana trees were planted. And the owner reclassified the land as agricultural instead of vacant land. Large plots of land reclassified saves the owner hundreds to millions of baht . 

Yes, unfortunately it's all about money.  There was a large wooded area opposite our house, many birds, some impressively large bats - a nice splash of green.  All hacked down to plant a few dead banana trees so the owner can pretend it's agricultural land and save a few Baht in tax.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Sadly their is no shame from Thai's !!

sorry, but you are wrong to suggest this is a thai trait, back home the council in a small town near me decided to cut down around 30 mature deciduous trees for apparently no reason, they did it overnight which was particularly sly. and once they're gone that's it...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

12°56'16.9"N 100°53'43.8"E

I've got a condo, PKCP, bought it off plan from Ratanakorn.

My condo overlooks this area, the surrounding area was very noisy for years, night time club venues, etc. 

I hope they didn't bulldoze to build another night club.

I don't live at the condo, I rent the condo out but it's been annoying for my tenants over the years. 

Perhaps you missed it in the papers but the dept of Grossly Inept Valueless Extraneous Moneygrubbing Entities (GIVEME) called for a crackdown on the increasing number of sewer rats near that BigC as they were seen pilfering foodstuff right from the parking lot as customers were trying to load their cars and trucks.

They contacted Major-General GODitifachi CHEATachock, Head of the Appropriations Committee, who happens (by chance) to own the DoWeCheatEmAndHow Pest Control. They urgently dispatched their top team and began a series of capture-tag-and-release efforts. Upon tracking the newly tagged culprits they found them gathering in said wooded area as proven by not only radio tracking but found an unusual amount of empty Twinkies, Bread, Cheese and Bologna wrappers along with empty bottles of assorted beer and wines in and around several hollowed out trees.

Deeming appropriate and decisive action needed to be taken to protect the good image of Pattaya as a "Family-Friendly" environment, the Major-General swiftly approved the mere B785 million in public funds for the clearing and reclamation of the said wooded haven. TIT :wai:

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Haha 1

Up to the land owner to do what he wants with the land.

Not some grumpy old falang fart.

it's all part of the city expanding, don't live in a city if you don't like progress.

what a laugh some people are. 

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1