Heat wave! Be careful out there.

sirineou

Yep the weather is damn hot.  I put a big plastic pan (Full of water) out for the dogs to cool off in. 

Stupid mutts weren't having a bar of it.  Put them in and they hated it. Even leaving them alone thru would not hop in. 

Yet the dogs I had in Mae Rim loved it.  It was their go to escape in the heat.  These dogs would rather sit there and pant. Go figure. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

41 c and sunny. 

Earlier today I got bored sitting inside the house in the AC and decided to ho to our play farm, about 5 minutes from our house and do some work. Specifically make a concrete base for a  2M tall water tank tower I am making for watering some gardening . 

It was very hot and I found myself huffing an puffing. I had the state of mind to pack it in and go back home. 

Another . also older member, in a conversation we had mentioned that he was having a hard time with this heat and his A/C wasn't working well. 

So it got me Thinking , some of us are no spring chickens and even those who are need to be careful with this weather. 

Heat stroke can easily sneak up on you.  So take it easy and be careful out here! 

image.png.753c92e938e84e76cd565565af805130.png

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

41 c and sunny. 

Earlier today I got bored sitting inside the house in the AC and decided to ho to our play farm, about 5 minutes from our house and do some work. Specifically make a concrete base for a  2M tall water tank tower I am making for watering some gardening . 

It was very hot and I found myself huffing an puffing. I had the state of mind to pack it in and go back home. 

Another . also older member, in a conversation we had mentioned that he was having a hard time with this heat and his A/C wasn't working well. 

So it got me Thinking , some of us are no spring chickens and even those who are need to be careful with this weather. 

Heat stroke can easily sneak up on you.  So take it easy and be careful out here! 

image.png.753c92e938e84e76cd565565af805130.png

Yes..it was ‘kin hot on the golf course this morning. 

Crikey you're keen,  that's probably one of the last things that I'd contemplate doing in this weather. 

Now sitting in an ice bath with a pint of beer.... I could handle that. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Up at 5 am.....walk the dog, do the usual chores and complete any tasks set by SWMBO.....all done by 9 am. Sit outside till I can no longer stand it......10, 11 ish......then bliss A/C bang. Walk the dog again 6 pm...then it is getting perilously close to beer o'clock.

How about me. Sleep until 9am. Make a coffee and take it back to bed with my young wife until 10. Quick shower and both down the gym until 1pm. A bit of lunch and then do any necessary jobs, if not chill inside with all doors and windows open in front of the fan. Too hot and too many flies outside. 5.30 take the dog for a walk she likes to sleep all day. 6.30 pm hook up my TV outside and watch anything I want via my IPTV service. Have a beer if I want and eat when hungry. 11pm bed. 12 midnight sleep.

• Haha 1

It's hotter than usual for this time of year, but not unpleasant.However,  for those who feel uncomfortable, obviously better to limit outdoor activity to esrly mornings and late afternoons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CharlieH said:

We' ve had 43 the last two days and it's my 2 dogs I worry about. They can't escape the heat like we can so I bought them a nice big bath to cool down in when they want and they get to play in the hose pipe everyday.Save a thought for your pets guys. 😀

When it is getting unbearable for me then it is also for my dogs. They come into my aircon den

2 hours ago, george said:

I wonder how many people will die from heat exhaustion in Thailand this year? Next week will only get hotter 🔥

IMG_3828.jpeg

I confirm. Be very careful. Spent a few weeks in Bali last year, it was. Around 41c. Very stupidly, I decided to walk to a mall to cool off and taxi back. I love to walk. Do I regret it. Heatstroke and ended up in hospital. I’ll never do that again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Confined by heat is not m6 idea of life. Can always out on more clothes in a cool climate.  Outside in fresh air all day now till Oct. 

I don't see much issues, just living life as usual but drinking a bit more water at 42 celsius. Just a few celsius from our ideal body temp. If you can't handle this heat; your likely obese.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

Be careful in this heat.  My brother visited thailand one year and he got a heat rash all over his body.  It looked like poison ivy everywhere.  And he experienced light headedness and dizzyness.  It went away in a few days and he was ok. 

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Heat wave, what heat. 

Esky full of beer and a couple of lady friends. 

Afternoon shade, it's nice and cool. 

Love that outdoor tub. I'd like to have one. Did you make the tub yourself or get it frome somewhere? About 1m x 3m? I think I would add a bench in mine. 

Turn the AC on, or sit in the shade with a breeze (or fan), and sip a cool beverage.  Think about a month or 2 of windy, bitter cold back in the mother land.   

Those days when I was walking out an aircraft, and the snow was coming sideways in the wind, and I could barely see anything.   Or up in the bucket, deicing the plane, only to have it get delayed from take off, return, and need to get deiced again.   Damn Global Warming

Appreciate & Enjoy the weather.

How hot .... DAMN HOT

At the surf yesterday, and it looked good, from inside the car w/AC on, after walking the dog for about half hour.

Looking for 35 today, maybe feels like 40, a cool front.

I'm thinking coffee shop, surfside with and iced Cappuccino & brownie might be on the afternoon's agenda :coffee1:

image.png.79b00cb0372273e7d824efdeae2c0c85.png

• Like 1

It's raining in Non Thai (Korat) and temp is at 29.  Damn it's really nice. 

Beats 39-42 that we've had for the last 2 weeks.  I feel like I should be singing in the rain. 

Yeehaaa! 

• Like 1

High overnight temperatures can negatively affect the quality of your sleep, sapping both your mental and physical stamina. Agree with the OP that it's important to take it easy when the weather gets hot.