Joe Biden expects Iran to attack Israel 'sooner than later'

Social Media

On 4/13/2024 at 11:07 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Here we go. Biden may yet get his very own Middle East war.

However, I don't expect Iran to fall into the trap of attacking israel directly, and IMO they are more likely to attack the colluders in the Gaza fiasco- the Americans. Plenty of US bases all over the place to attack.

They may, however, do just enough to keep israeli defenses at full strength, which will cost the israeli economy dearly, and will keep the troops from being deployed elsewhere.

Reports on Al Jazeera that a very high ranking US military man is co ordinating with israeli government to counter an Iranian attack, so are we likely to see US boots on the ground now? Given the situation has escalated due to israel attacking Iranian territory ( in violation of how many international laws? ) in Damascus, I don't see why the US has to get involved, but could be all going according to plan.

This is like slow walking into a regional war, and I expect those responsible already have the propaganda machine ready to go to justify why many thousands of people had to die.

I just hope that Jordan, Egypt and other local Arab countries do not get involved in any actual conflict, and do not allow their territory to be used or transited by israeli forces.

Well, hands up, I got that completely wrong. Not only is Iran attacking israel directly, but it gave the US advance warning of the attack, and says it does not want to expand the conflict to involve the US ( as heard on Al Jazeera ).

I caught the end of an article on Al Jazeera that indicated that the US would not get directly involved in this situation.

Iran may not even intend to cause too much damage, as they know most if not all the drones will be shot down. Depends if they also send missiles with heavier payloads that get through. Even if no missiles get through, this is going to hit israel financially, from the disruption to the economy, to the cost of replenishing the air defense systems.

According to Wikipedia a single interception can cost $150,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Dome

However, depending on the israeli response, my last paragraph may still be relevant. Just heard on Al Jazeera that israel has promised a retaliation, which will lead to another Iranian strike and on and on we go, possibly into a M E war. Well done, netanyahu, he certainly is diverting attention from Gaza, and probably extending his political survival. Pity about the people going to die though.

Biden must be "annoyed" with netanyahu for his ill advised attack on Iranian territory in Damascus. It's going to put a crimp in his election campaign if he has to hang out in Washington trying to formulate the US response..

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

It seems to be OK with the USA for Israel to attack Iran in a third country, but NOT OK for Iran to retaliate. Double standards anyone>

All Iran needs to do is keep threating Israel, thus keeping them on a costly high alert, without actually doing anything.

OR

sending a few drones that don't do a lot of damage, but disrupt israeli life, and their economy, plus, of course, instilling fear in the population, something the Palestinians know well, from the israeli occupiers.

One wonders if netanyahu considered that the Iranians would not dare to attack israel directly, or if he hoped they would.

IMO he wants the US directly involved against Iran.

• Love It 1

12 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

Israel has made peace with two immediate neighbors as well as Turkey and a few Gulf states, and has working relationships with other Gulf states and Muslim states elsewhere. What’s preventing further progress is extremism on both sides.

That was before October 7. While Jordan and Egypt may not wish to invite israeli destruction on themselves, the "working relationships" with Gulf states and Turkey may be over. Turkey especially, has reason to be "annoyed" with israel.

10 hours ago, riclag said:

The world has a bigger Climate issue!

WW111 . It ain’t safe anywhere!

imop

Post Hamas / Israel war article :

President Biden strode into office promising to restore competency and credibility to U.S. foreign policy after four years of President Trump’s shoot-from-the-hip diplomacy, but several international missteps and crises abroad have undermined his claim.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/oct/14/world-crises-undermine-joe-bidens-boast-foreign-po/

I've tried to think of something that Biden has done better than Trump, but other than falling over or off his bicycle, I can't think of anything off hand.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

This war has been Iran vs. Israel all along.

Those siding with the Palestinians are siding with Iran.

They have their axis now -- Russia / Iran / North Korea / China.

Act like this isn't happening if it makes you happier.

Edited by Jingthing

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I've tried to think of something that Biden has done better than Trump, but other than falling over or off his bicycle, I can't think of anything off hand.

As if Trump would get on a bicycle. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, kickstart said:

I do not think Iran will attack, but they are losing face by not attacking, especially after the Israel attack on its consulate  in Damascus.

But they know if they do attack, they must know they cannot win, if the West joins in which they will, Iran will get bombed, and they know which facilities to attack.

If Iran has the bomb, would they use it, again I would say no, but they could well use Hamas, Houthis, and Hezbollah to attack ...who knows what, which will cause chaos. 

Well they have attacked, and so far no western government has promised to send their military. Hopefully they will confine their response to words saying how outraged they are that Iran would have the temerity to respond to an armed attack on Iranian territory.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

OR

sending a few drones that don't do a lot of damage, but disrupt israeli life, and their economy, plus, of course, instilling fear in the population, something the Palestinians know well, from the israeli occupiers.

One wonders if netanyahu considered that the Iranians would not dare to attack israel directly, or if he hoped they would.

IMO he wants the US directly involved against Iran.

I would not call over a hundred drones "a few."  Next are missiles.  Evidently, the launches are timed as so  the air defensive systems in place supposedly will be overwhelmed.  As just reported, the U.S. is already shooting down UAVs over Iraq and elsewhere.

The U.S. and other allies have publicly announced they will stand behind Israel, whatever that means.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"The escalation follows an airstrike earlier this month that reportedly targeted top Iranian commanders"

Very selective news, airstrike on a embassy. This is the new normal? What would happen with any other country striking an embassy? It could be seen as a declaration of war.

The usual chorus of condemnation from western countries, all completely ignoring the attack on sovereign Iranian territory.

Bunch of muppets, IMO.

• Thanks 1

Under the UN charter Iran has every right to attack israel, since israel attacked Iranian sovereign territory.

https://www.un.org/en/about-us/un-charter/full-text

Article 51

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

British Royal Air Force (RAF) jets in the region "will intercept any airborne attacks within range" of the UK's existing missions in the Middle East "as required", the Ministry of Defence says.

It also urges parties in the conflict to de-escalate.

Another statement by Defence Minister Grant Shapps says additional RAF assets have been deployed to the region, including jets and air refuelling tankers.

"I strongly condemn the senseless airborne attack that Iran has launched on Israel," he says. "It serves no benefit other than to further undermine regional security."

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Under the UN charter Iran has every right to attack israel, since israel attacked Iranian sovereign territory.

Article 51

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

Have you read all the UN resolutions Iran is continuing to break? Being very selective there with your support for the axis of evil

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

British Royal Air Force (RAF) jets in the region "will intercept any airborne attacks within range" of the UK's existing missions in the Middle East "as required", the Ministry of Defence says.

It also urges parties in the conflict to de-escalate.

Another statement by Defence Minister Grant Shapps says additional RAF assets have been deployed to the region, including jets and air refuelling tankers.

"I strongly condemn the senseless airborne attack that Iran has launched on Israel," he says. "It serves no benefit other than to further undermine regional security."

Another muppet statement. It wasn't a "senseless airborne attack", but a response to an armed attack by israel on sovereign Iranian territory.

If Britain wants to see a de escalation of tensions in the ME, Britain should stop enabling israeli crimes in Gaza.

I'm no Iranian supporter by any means, but either we have international law as overseen by the UN, or we don't. Seems that a couple of nations think they don't have to abide by international law.

Can't disregard the law because we don't like the country.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Article 51

Read the whole charter... at what point do you decide who is evil in their intentions and who is not... iran is leading the evil scale by a wide margin... they even hate themselves and their own people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Another muppet statement. It wasn't a "senseless airborne attack", but a response to an armed attack by israel on sovereign Iranian territory.

If Britain wants to see a de escalation of tensions in the ME, Britain should stop enabling israeli crimes in Gaza.

I'm no Iranian supporter by any means, but either we have international law as overseen by the UN, or we don't. Seems that a couple of nations think they don't have to abide by international law.

Can't disregard the law because we don't like the country.

Israel didn't attack the Iranian Embassy because Israel doesn't like Iran .

Israel targeted two Iranians who were instrumental in organising and funding a terror attack on Israel .

Israels attack on the Iran Embassy didn't happen in a vacuum , it was done to stop further terror attacks 

• Like 1

Biden admin just pushed through legislation for warrantless searches, which seems to especially apply to citizens living overseas from what I can tell. In other words, your govt can now spy on you and they don’t need a warrant. And he’s starting a war with iran and backing a genocide. Along with not being able to put a sentence together, I think it’s not even hyperbole to labeled him as the worst president in American history. People who support him get zero respect. How could they. Obviously in denial of facts such as his cognitive impairment. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

POT VS KETTLE... so grown up

Never claimed to be the sharpest tool lol tho I do know how to use them built a few trick things in my day and continue to do so.I don’t troll I call out lies and hypocrisy every chance I get and I do not attack other’s country’s im a aficionado of history and see many similarities to what’s happening now in my country and will call it out at every opportunity.I sincerely hopes this doesn’t escalate any further (Iranian retaliation)that is

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1