Fastest way to send document to the UK

Lwood

What is the fastest way to send documents to a UK Government dept (or other organisation) from Pattaya when only the address in known (eg HMRC, passport office etc) please?   My understanding is that DHL will not handle the package unless the sender can provide an individual's name and contact number at the receipient to sign-for the document.   Are there any alternatives?  I have previously used the standard Thai Post Office EMS tracking service which worked fine but was too slow for my current need.    Scanning is also not an option in this case.

I have sent pension related packages which go to a address not an individual. I used DHL once and Thai Post once, both worked. Some jobsworth in reception signs for them I suspect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As long as there is a postcode on the address DHL will send it, i sent stuff to the RAF pension service, delivered within 36 hours there were no named people on the package just an address, it was signed for by someone, last year my passport was renewed UKVI use DHL again delivered within 36 hours and was signed for.

• Thanks 1

If you are sending documents to HMRC via DHL the address is HMRC, Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE98 1ZZ.

This is the only address you can use for courier service. And DHL is the quickest way to get the documents there.

Just as a footnote, documents I sent by Thailand Post EMS were somewhere in the air for 8 days!!! Never use them again!

Edited by worrab
Extra wording.

6 hours ago, Lwood said:

What is the fastest way to send documents to a UK Government dept (or other organisation) from Pattaya when only the address in known (eg HMRC, passport office etc) please?   My understanding is that DHL will not handle the package unless the sender can provide an individual's name and contact number at the receipient to sign-for the document.   Are there any alternatives?  I have previously used the standard Thai Post Office EMS tracking service which worked fine but was too slow for my current need.    Scanning is also not an option in this case.

Postal reception in Bangkok is pretty lousy. I have a large envelope from the UK posted 17th January still in transition. But where?

Sent various size/weight envelopes and cardboard tubes with X Rays from Chiang Mai to Melbourne and Hobart in Oz, always EMS, always delivered 2 to 3 days. Postal staff at the Central PO in CM always efficient, friendly and helpful.  

Basically same timing in reverse Oz to CM by EMS. 

Pretty  good service.

2 hours ago, eumenades said:

Postal reception in Bangkok is pretty lousy. I have a large envelope from the UK posted 17th January still in transition. But where?

I mailed docs from UK on 08 April 24 (tracked) delivered to Rachaburi today 19 April 24

The tracking record indicates package left uk on 10 April 24 recieved at Laksi (Bangok International Mail sorting office) on 17 April 24. Begging the question, where was it in transit for 7 days? 🙄

Sent documents to the UK last week via Thai post, International track and sign.

Received 5 days later. A lot cheaper than DHL who refused to collect and informed I had to drop the letter off at their nearest depot, 120 Km away.

15 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I mailed docs from UK on 08 April 24 (tracked) delivered to Rachaburi today 19 April 24

The tracking record indicates package left uk on 10 April 24 recieved at Laksi (Bangok International Mail sorting office) on 17 April 24. Begging the question, where was it in transit for 7 days? 🙄

Ah! "recieved at Laksi (Bangok International Mail sorting office)" So, that's where we go to sort our mail from officials with their feet on the desks eating look-chins!

Thanks for all the input.  As correctly stated above, DHL did accept the package without a receipent's contact name but did require a phone number. Fortunately for me, they had one for the address already on their system.  Also, they confirmed there does need to be a full postal address and they cannot accept a PO Box.  

• Thanks 1