'Openly Jewish' man threatened with arrest by Police near pro-Palestine march

Social Media

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He was accused of being in breach of the peace, why were the protestors not also accused of that?

Was he?

“Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march.”

It seems he was not.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Was he?

“Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march.”

It seems he was not.

Your point? Had he stayed he would have been and been arrested. You have still not watched the vid have you

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:
5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No, a Jew walking in London does not need a permit to do so and is not liable to be arrested.

This one was, that's the whole point of the OP

This one was what?

No, he didn't have or need a permit and no, he was not arrested.

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your point? Had he stayed he would have been and been arrested. You have still not watched the vid have you

Had he stayed, he would have been arrested for being a dick.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

My point is your statement was wrong:

He was accused of being in breach of the peace, why were the protestors not also accused of that?

He was not accused of being in breach of the peace.

Failing to obey a police officer’s lawful instructions is an arrestable offense.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My point is your statement was wrong:

He was accused of being in breach of the peace, why were the protestors not also accused of that?

He was not accused of being in breach of the peace.

Failing to obey a police officer’s lawful instructions is an arrestable offense.

No the point is why was this officer picking on a Jew to threaten that but you know that already 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

No the point is why was this officer picking on a Jew to threaten that but you know that already 

the point is you don't like cops and probably don't like the mayor either

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You’ll have to ask the officer.

The information we do have is this:

Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march.”

He eventually did follow the officers instructions, no breach of the peace occurred.

He's unharmed, safe and well.

Which I think is a good thing.

You’ll have to ask the officer.

The information we do have is this:

Officers informed him that his presence, being "quite openly Jewish," could potentially lead to a "breach of peace" amidst the pro-Palestinian march.”

He eventually did follow the officers instructions, no breach of the peace occurred.

He's unharmed, safe and well.

Which I think is a good thing.

There is a lot more information

You just haven't watched it

And there’s an awful lot of context.

You just don’t accept it.

Now telling me what I accept or not when you've not bothered to inform yourself of all the info available. Very weak.

Sorry, I’m not a fan of performative activism.

You mean you don't want to watch the full footage including the discussions with more senior police at the event.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You mean you don't want to watch the full footage including the discussions with more senior police at the event.

I already told you  don’t watch videos on any side of any ‘Discussion’ in this ‘Discussion’ forum.

If you want to discuss who commissioned /shot the video, who edited the Biden, what scenes were left in/left out, was the activist involved in the video, was the activist performing for the camera etc.

That might be a good discussion.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

I already told you  don’t watch videos on any side of any ‘Discussion’ in this ‘Discussion’ forum.

If you want to discuss who <deleted> the video, who edited the video, what scenes were left in/left out, was the activist involved in the video, was the activist performing for the camera etc.

That might be a good discussion.

Calm down, I know what you said and its a fact you are missing out on all the information as a result, yet you have the audacity to claim I don't accept context. When you have the whole context get back to me until then stop being such a hypocrite. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you scroll back to the previous page , you will see that there have been severe warnings about mis gendering people 

How am I misgendering? The OPs username is "herfiehandbag" and the member does not list their gender. It would be logical to assume that a member who has "handbag" in their username might be female!

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Calm down, I know what you said and its a fact you are missing out on all the information as a result, yet you have the audacity to claim I don't accept context. When you have the whole context get back to me until then stop being such a hypocrite. 

I believe I have presented my arguments calmly and respectfully, and without misrepresenting the known facts, refer your own errors challenged above.

In the interest of that calm, I’ll ignore your provocation.

I believe I have presented my arguments calmly and respectfully, and without misrepresenting the known facts, refer your own errors challenged above.

In the interest of that calm, I’ll ignore your provocation.

Provocation is believing you have presented an argument yet hold only half the information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

How am I misgendering? The OPs username is "herfiehandbag" and the member does not list their gender. It would be logical to assume that a member who has "handbag" in their username might be female!

You are taking a huge risk there though .

What proof do you have that Suella Braverman is a female ?

His/her name does end in "Man" , so it could be male .

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

You are taking a huge risk there though .

What proof do you have that Suella Braverman is a female ?

His/her name does end in "Man" , so it could be male .

She is quite well known in the UK, she is the former home secretary, and a current conservative MP.

Zionist': Suella Braverman ...

I see this is not finished yet.

UK minister writes to London police after officer implies Jewish man’s kippa ‘provoked’ anti-Israel crowd

British interior minister James Cleverly writes to London’s Metropolitan Police after an officer told a man wearing a kippa that he was too “openly Jewish” to approach an anti-Israel march.

The Home Office, or interior ministry, states that Cleverly has written to the Met, but does not offers details of the letter’s contents, saying it was a private communication.

“We welcome the Met Police’s apology, and recognize the complexities of policing fast-moving public protests, but simply being Jewish – or of any other race or religion – should never be seen as provocative,” a spokesperson says in a statement.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/uk-minister-writes-to-london-police-after-officer-implies-jewish-mans-kippa-provoked-anti-israel-crowd/

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That said, had the officer not intervened and the ‘breach of the peace’ he was concerned over had occurred, we’d be reading about something a lot more disturbing than a bit of activist performative grandstanding.

Are you suggesting that the 'peaceful' protesters would have attacked the Jewish man? 

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It makes sense to stop the guy in his tracks. Avoid a possible altercation. How many in the march are there more as anti Jew than pro Palistine?

It's just like football fans being segregated. 

It only takes one person or a small majority of idiots to start. 

The police took the correct decision. And, yes, I believe if a Muslim tried the same thing during a pro Isreal march, the police would do the same 

What it proves is that the so called pro-Palestine demonstrators are dangerous if they are rubbed up the wrong way.

I don't think the same can be said of the Jews in the UK. 

If a group of protestors are dangerous and intimidating, the police shouldn't placate them, they should remove them. But it's easier to remove the one peaceful guy and turn a blind eye to the intimidating ones. 

If you watched the video you can see the aggressive black guy towards the end talking to the Jewish guy in quite a threatening way. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What it proves is that the so called pro-Palestine demonstrators are dangerous if they are rubbed up the wrong way.

I don't think the same can be said of the Jews in the UK. 

If a group of protestors are dangerous and intimidating, the police shouldn't placate them, they should remove them. But it's easier to remove the one peaceful guy and turn a blind eye to the intimidating ones. 

If you watched the video you can see the aggressive black guy towards the end talking to the Jewish guy in quite a threatening way. 

One Jewish guy and one other guy.

How many people walked past?

That doesn't prove the pro Palistinian demonstrators are dangerous.

• Confused 3

Man crossing a London street threatened with arrest for being JEWISH.

That isn't what happened at all.  They said that they thought his presence was antagonising the crowd.  Whether you think it's morally right or not, the Police have the power to arrest someone to prevent a breach of the peace.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1