Thailand faces a decline in British tourists and expats: Causes and Consequences

On 4/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, eddie61 said:

I’m surprised that the uncertainty about tax on money brought into the country isn’t mentioned. I think this will potentially have a massive impact on the attractiveness of Thailand as a retirement place.

Well I and many others have stopped transfers and are running down existing funds until there is definite clarification

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Goat said:

Do you respect all the foreign men who marry the young prostitutes in your home country? Should your government give them favorable treatment to encourage more mongers to marry more young prostitutes?

I don't respect any white man that calls other white men 'farang'!

Who anyone is banging or why or for what ........ don't really care.

Thailand provides prostitutes to the world, it's what the Thais are famous for.

I didn't make it that way, don't blame me or any other white men.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Goat said:

Lets face it, per capita, the Brits are if not are the biggest trouble makers in Thailand, they are well up there.

Only on this forum you would average two Brit "incidents' per week, much more and way more consistant than tourists from any other country.

I would have classed the Chinese and the Russians as the biggest trouble makers in Thailand (after the Thais).

Just now, BritManToo said:

I would have classed the Chinese and the Russians as the biggest trouble makers in Thailand (after the Thais).

As I said, per capita.

32 minutes ago, farangkinok said:

Nikki does speak very good English apparently.

I think my granddaughter's only had one Brit as her foreign English teacher. Previous teachers have been, in no particular order, Australian, South African, Moroccan, Canadian and British. The Moroccan guy Mr Habibi, was excellent.

40 minutes ago, Goat said:

I laugh at this.

The farang didnt build the house for the Thai people from the goodness of his heart. He bought it because he was having sex with a much better looking and younger female that would not have a bar of him back in his own country. 

He is getting the sex, she is getting the house.

And if you think that the whole village and indeed country should be grateful and show respect for some elderly whoremonger you are in dream world.

Do you respect all the foreign men who marry the young prostitutes in your home country? Should your government give them favorable treatment to encourage more mongers to marry more young prostitutes?

I think the hundreds of thousands of jobs provided by Japanese companies is a much bigger contribution to Thailand than buying little lazy single mum tattoed Lek from Issan a house in an area that wont be worth much anyway as it is overcapitalised. 

You told us all what we need to know and you revealed exactly who you are when you characterized every expat who lives here as being old, worthless and married to a prostitute. Hard to even reply to such bizarre, and ignorant nonsense. Get some education. Please. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

You told us all what we need to know and you revealed exactly who you are when you characterized every expat who lives here as being old, worthless and married to a prostitute. Hard to even reply to such bizarre, and ignorant nonsense. Get some education. Please. 

He's renown for it, a lonely, bitter Aussie, shame really...........🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand provides prostitutes to the world, it's what the Thais are famous for.

I didn't make it that way, don't blame me or any other white men.

I tend to agree with that, and I usually use the word foreigner. Don't even respond to this guy, his level of ignorance is so astonishing that he's been elevated to the top of the heap, when it comes to the dumbest and most inane reply of the week. 

Granted there is a percentage of foreigners who come here and marry bar girls or prostitutes. But my guess is that it's the minority. And even so I don't hold it against the guy. Many of the younger and prettier women that have been with in America have slept with hundreds of men, so what's the difference? They usually slept with them for cash, gifts, and rewards. 

To imply that Western women are innocent and Thai women are guilty of being cunning manipulative and using their sexuality is fairly strange. Yes, Thais are more skillful, but only because they're in touch with their femininity and they realize how incredibly sexy that is to most men. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Granted there is a percentage of foreigners who come here and marry bar girls or prostitutes. But my guess is that it's the minority.

I was referring to your comment below.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:48 AM, spidermike007 said:

Alot of the nicer houses in the poorer farming areas were built with money from expats

These guys didnt meet them working in the farm up in Issan. They met them mostly in maassage shops, beer bars and gogos in Pattaya, Bangkok, Bangla etc etc

The young girls didnt marry the men because they are attracted to elderly overweight foreigners.

My guess is it is the majority, not the minority in these areas who have built the nice houses have married prostitutes.

And from the many I have come across over the years i have no doubt it is the majority.

This group is not a significant helper to the Thai economy overall. But it does allow the girl to retire early and often the foreigner gets drained for as much of his cash as she can get.

The much maligned Russians, Chinese and Indians dont fall for this generally. Mostly it is a farang problem.

• Sad 4
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Many of the younger and prettier women that have been with in America have slept with hundreds of men, so what's the difference?

You dont know the difference between picking up a girl who actually wants to have sex for enjoyment as opposed to paying a prostitute from poverty that will likely be repulsed and is doing it only for cash?

I would say there is a big difference.

But some, and many on this forum can not see the difference

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Wouldn't you care if they were engaging in illegal activity , like banging well underaged  girls ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Goat said:

I was referring to your comment below.

These guys didnt meet them working in the farm up in Issan. They met them mostly in maassage shops, beer bars and gogos in Pattaya, Bangkok, Bangla etc etc

The young girls didnt marry the men because they are attracted to elderly overweight foreigners.

My guess is it is the majority, not the minority in these areas who have built the nice houses have married prostitutes.

And from the many I have come across over the years i have no doubt it is the majority.

This group is not a significant helper to the Thai economy overall. But it does allow the girl to retire early and often the foreigner gets drained for as much of his cash as she can get.

The much maligned Russians, Chinese and Indians dont fall for this generally. Mostly it is a farang problem.

The Australian expert talks........🤣

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Goat said:

You dont know the difference between picking up a girl who actually wants to have sex for enjoyment as opposed to paying a prostitute from poverty that will likely be repulsed and is doing it only for cash?

I would say there is a big difference.

But some, and many on this forum can not see the difference

😂.......Our very own Australian "Marjorie Proops" advises, yet hasn't found a partner, I wonder why, perhaps his Dan obsession.......😂

48 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wouldn't you care if they were engaging in illegal activity , like banging well underaged  girls ?

You'd need to specify the age of the girls involved ..........

Generally I'm not much concerned about illegal activities 'per se' as I'm not employed by the police, so it isn't my business.

You're the one obsessed with women, age and sex.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, transam said:

😂.......Our very own Australian "Marjorie Proops" advises, yet hasn't found a partner, I wonder why, perhaps his Dan obsession.......😂

Goat / Transman.

You two should get a room. :coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

2023 -2024. Interestingly, the UK itself is the most popular (domestic tourism) Thailand does not get a mention😄

Top destinations for UK travellers

"Of the destinations considered, which are you most likely to visit?" (UK adults)

Table with 3 columns and 10 rows.
Rank Destination Score
1 UK
17%

2 Spain
15%

15%
3 Greece
8%

8%
4 Italy
8%

8%
5 France
7%

7%
6 Portugal
7%

7%
7 USA
6%

6%
8 Ireland
5%

5%
9 Germany
4%

4%
10 New York(USA)
3%
3%

Thanks for the interesting link.  I would have guessed at Spain and Portugal, and from UK friends also domestic UK.  If you add New York + USA the two together are 9% so just above Greece.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

I thought you posted a picture of his partner yesterday!

2 hours ago, Goat said:

Another of your over the top unfounded crass statements.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/21/2024 at 10:36 AM, Bobthegimp said:

Your child needs a better education if you're grateful that she's learning English from an ESL student. 

I do a very good job of it. However, it is part of the school curriculum and I am happy that part is undertaken by a very capable Philipina

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Goat said:

Yes I have a fairly healthy self esteem.

😆 Good on you. I would employ a thumbs up emoji but none are available.

Edited by drgoon
  • Thumbs Up 1