Major outage reported by 3bb

18 hours ago, bradiston said:

Well, I'm not answering for 3bb, just putting forward my take on it. They say it's unreroutable undersea cable damage. Make what you will of it.

I didnt consider it to be your opinion as it is something for 3BB. Doesn't alter the fact if there is only a single feed the design is poor.

Re an earlier comment in the thread, AIS and 3BB had some kind of corporate merger lately that, as I understand it, results in AIS taking over ownership control of 3BB's home internet services (though they continue to be billed and serviced by 3BB at least for the time being).

The link below has a Q&A for customers toward the bottom of the webpage:

https://www.ais.th/en/consumers/fibre/fibre3/

AND

NBTC clears AIS-3BB merger with 5-year cap on broadband pricing

13 November 2023

"Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) board greenlighted the merger of Advanced Info Service (AIS) and Triple T Broadband (3BB) on Friday, so long as it doesn’t raise broadband prices for the next five years.

AIS broadband subsidiary Advanced Wireless Network (AWN) struck a deal in July 2022 to acquire 100% of 3BB, along with a 19% stake in Jasmine Broadband Internet Infrastructure Fund (JASIF). The merger makes AIS the biggest fixed broadband player in Thailand with 4.69 million subscribers, displacing True Corp, which has 3.8 million fixed broadband subscribers."

https://developingtelecoms.com/telecom-business/telecom-regulation/15779-nbtc-clears-ais-3bb-merger-with-5-year-cap-on-broadband-pricing.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK