British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

Is there a law that foreigners and especially tourists can't criticize their hosts? I don't know.

But it seems most of us don't like it if foreigners talk bad about our home country or maybe people from our nationality or whatever group.

And that is similar to i.e. a company. Is it possible to tell the boss that he has strains on his shirt? Yes. But better do it in private with him alone and not in a post on facebook or similar. That doesn't win you any friends.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Should authorities also punish themselves for making his videos reach a greater audience ???

How did I know I would find the Chief Brit Apologist here. Brits just cant take critisism.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The juvenile minds of those in authority seeking 'revenge' rather than whats best for the country again.... Also, if the guy's criticism are genuine and valid... listen to them, act upon them.... 

The juvenile is the idiot youtuber who wants to show up to a country and slag of the people and the culture to get youtube likes and who cries when he gets asked to pull his head in.

Instaead of constantly whining why doesnt he just leave.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I completely get it 

But there is a lot of worse places to live ! 

Thai and there party 🥳 🎉 at any  moment culture 

Love it 😻 

28 minutes ago, john donson said:

the videos still exist... not deleted... he  'unlist' them

but easy to find...

Bless him.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Goat said:

Many simply do not have the ability to say anything positive about anyone. They dont fit in here.

Yet here you are comfortably in the bosom of the whiney expat instead of eating som tom in the rice paddies with uncle som chai and you'll back for more tomorrow!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, george said:

No the video he referenced. That's just his response to it. I want to hear what the Thai newscasters have to say about us pesky farangs.

I would like to post my experience of my visit to an outpatient dept for a follow up after a stent, all 10 hours of pushing sweating which includes a 2 hour wait at the pharmacy, for  the 4 minutes face to face with the doctor with another patient in the room but best not for fear of upsetting somebody

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

His apology video:

Those crocodile tears move me to…crocodile tears. 

Not sorry for what he did.  Sorry he was caught and pinned to the wall. 

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Imagine a country so childish that they feel the need to have a continuous water fight go on for 72 straight hours. Welcome to Thailand.

Agree 100% . Most normal people grow out of water fights after 11 years old. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Nevertheless, a senior officer from the national Tourist Police headquarters stated the existing evidence would be forwarded to the Immigration Police for further action, implying that Mr. Thomas has already violated Thai law.

Wonder what type visa/extension he has. Clearly not eligible for a retirement extension, hope to God he's not a teacher, and I don't think there is a Youtuber visa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It baffles me why people come to Thailand and enjoy all that it has to offer then post negativity. 

It's confusing, this strange behaviour is quite common. 

Maybe these people are attention seekers, similar to those on OnlyFans, the Jerry Springer type. 

I do wonder if this video is going to help him, what with him walking around the entire time with a smirk on his face.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, mstevens said:

So what is his YouTube channel so we can check it out and see what he has been saying and make up our own minds about it?

..... you'll be looking for this appraisal .......     some of the comments are revealing ...... Abuse of Dogs in the UK .....  !   A fine British fellow is ever there was one ......