Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

I have tried twice to do 90-day reporting online. Twice I have gotten the message,

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

The next notification is 15h May. (I have got a stapled notice in my passport). I'm on a new non-O visa which I recently got a 1-year marriage extension on.

Can I do the 90-day report at Chaengwattana?

16 minutes ago, Farma said:

This reporting has to be the SECOND 90-day reporting or later on your current visa or visa extension of stay. This is important. You have to report in person or by mail on your current visa or visa extension once in the past before you can do an online report. If you have not done so, please report in person or by mail this time.

By which time they'll check the TM30 as well, is my guess.

My last 90 day online was rejected because I wasn't aware how anal Chanthaburi immigration was about TM-30's. Now that I have that squared away, I'm curious how my next one will be. 

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

My last 90 day online was rejected because I wasn't aware how anal Chanthaburi immigration was about TM-30's. Now that I have that squared away, I'm curious how my next one will be. 

Based on some of the above info it seems to be a system error.

11 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

New passport in December 2023. Went to Immigration in person FEB 2024 to do TM47. May 4 for next 90 day report. Tried to do online before MAY 1 as I have for several years past but got the same REJECTION notice. Will go to IMM tomorrow or FRI.

So this now seems a system problem. I thought maybe the problem was that the USofA now has a letter in the passport number and I thought maybe that was the screw-up that the system couldn't handle that.

Immigration are closed on Friday

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/contact-goverment-complex/

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

Based on some of the above info it seems to be a system error.

No, in my case the IO was quite irate and remembered me specifically when I went in to ask what the problem was. I had spent 3 days in Pattaya and didn't report back to them when I had returned to Chanthaburi. I really love living here but key-RISTE do I grow weary of the incessant pedantic, unnecessary bologna.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

New passport in December 2023. Went to Immigration in person FEB 2024 to do TM47. May 4 for next 90 day report. Tried to do online before MAY 1 as I have for several years past but got the same REJECTION notice. Will go to IMM tomorrow or FRI.

So this now seems a system problem. I thought maybe the problem was that the USofA now has a letter in the passport number and I thought maybe that was the screw-up that the system couldn't handle that.

Duplication

Edited by howerde

1 hour ago, dairy queen said:

I have tried twice to do 90-day reporting online. Twice I have gotten the message,

Have you successfully filed online previously?

If so, did you use the autofill option?

Has anything changed? Address? Passport?

Have you filed TM30 for the address?

Make an appointment NOW, although all slots may be sold out through 15/5?

Rejections, anecdotally, seem increased (slightly). I filed a few weeks ago (CW), approved within 48 hours.

15 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No, in my case the IO was quite irate and remembered me specifically when I went in to ask what the problem was. I had spent 3 days in Pattaya and didn't report back to them when I had returned to Chanthaburi. I really love living here but key-RISTE do I grow weary of the incessant pedantic, unnecessary bologna.

Of course, you politely pointed out Immigrations new TM30 regulations, amending section 38, and you were merely following those regulations, so why weren't they.  😉

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Of course, you politely pointed out Immigrations new TM30 regulations, amending section 38, and you were merely following those regulations, so why weren't they.  😉

These people are sadly living in the past. I am still required to wear a mask at work, and just about everyone is masked out in public. At least I now have the process down and just update the dates on the TM-30 forms to hand in to them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dairy queen said:

"Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected. Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person immediately."

The next notification is 15h May. (I have got a stapled notice in my passport). I'm on a new non-O visa which I recently got a 1-year marriage extension on.

Yes, very easy, they have a separate room just for that. That way, if there is something wrong they will explain. I had the same happen to me. It might have been the phone number I used as a contact person, I think I used my own. 

31 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

My understanding is that the online 90-day reporting has to be done 15 days before the due date. So doing it a week before the due date won't work.

It can be done from up to 15 days before up until the date due, you can not do it online during the 7 day grace period(you need to go in person), before you are fined 2000 baht

• Agree 2

I've had this problem since they introduced the online system.

Everytime I go to the Immigration Office no one is able to tell me why I can't report online.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

My understanding is that the online 90-day reporting has to be done 15 days before the due date. So doing it a week before the due date won't work.

You understand wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It's yet another example of the abysmally inept design of government websites. Whatever the reason for rejection of a 90-day report, Immigration should have been given several boxes for the most usual reasons for rejection so that they can tick one. 

20 hours ago, dairy queen said:

since you are on a new O visa your office probably requires the first 90 day report to be done in person

9 minutes ago, oldestswinger said:

It's yet another example of the abysmally inept design of government websites. Whatever the reason for rejection of a 90-day report, Immigration should have been given several boxes for the most usual reasons for rejection so that they can tick one. 

9 minutes ago, oldestswinger said:

S

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, flexomike said:

since you are on a new O visa your office probably requires the first 90 day report to be done in person

Yes, if this is the OP's first ext of stay then yes, I think an in-person first filing is required.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Yes, there have been problems with this system for a few months. Many many people being rejected for no reason. So my last one took almost a full day including the travel, as opposed to the normal eight minutes it takes me to do online.

Messed up.