Police Spring into Action as Thailand's Pattaya Eateries Face Disruption

18 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No WAY in hell could this article have been written by a human.

rewritten by ChatGPT. it is common practice now.

thai news >>translate>>rewrite w/robot

can automate it and make hundreds "news from Thailand" websites

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I concur, absolutely. The extensive overuse of adverbs and adjectives is ridiculously redundant and extremely annoying in a rather feeble attempt to turn this extremely, very dull and boring non-event into an epic, fantastic saga that we might possibly care something about.

The solution is simple: post armed security guards at the entrance of all of Thailand's Pattaya eateries.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NativeBob said:

I think they add "in style of P.G Wodehouse" to the script.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, NativeBob said:

What's news Bob?

15 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It was the headline which attracted my attention. 'Police Spring into Action'. I mean, could they? Would they? A little more than exaggeration I believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya-5-Drug-impaired-man-sparks-chaos-at-Pattaya-restaurant_cleanup.jpg

Pattaya's vivacious food scene received unexpected chaos as police were called to incidents at two popular local eateries - the Prachanban Rice Porridge Shop and another shop near Pattaya Park. This has alarmed both local and foreign community and has raised questions about the potential need for stricter law enforcement in the bustling tourist areas.

On Sunday, May 5, erratic behaviour by a 30-year-old Thai man, later identified as Ton, initiated a wave of panic at the Prachanban Rice Porridge Shop, Central Pattaya Road. Ton fled from the officers into the eatery, creating disarray amongst the dining customers. Quickly acting upon the situation, authorities, with help from the local community, thwarted Ton's attempt to hide and peace was restored shortly. Ton subsequently confessed to using methamphetamine, confirming the suspicions about drug-induced erratic behaviour.

The police managed to take him into custody without further ado, and he was ushered to a nearby department for comprehensive scrutiny. The police aim to delve deeper into understanding Ton's background, drug dependencies, and the factors that have led to this unfortunate event.

Not a standalone incident, similar mayhem was witnessed at another unnamed eatery off Soi Thappraya 12, Pattaya Park on Sunday, March 24. A knife-wielding man showcasing aggressive mannerisms startled local enforcement officers present at the scene. Subsequent police reinforcements arriving with riot control equipment were able to corner and subdue the man. The tensed moment has been diffused without any harm to the bystanders and the unfortunately disturbed man in question.

These abrupt disruptions amidst the tranquil scenes of eateries highlight an emerging pattern and raise concerns about the safety of the city. Both agencies and citizens alike wait in anticipation as officials conduct further investigations into the causes and possible solutions for these scenarios.

Photo courtesy of The Thaiger

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-09

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Now we see how important the war against drugs will be! Go on Srettha! Don't listen to Anutin!!!👏

49 minutes ago, digbeth said:

getting back on topic, to be fair, if you know what the name Prachanban means in thai, the restaurant is almost asking for it

Please enlighten us?

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Now we see how important the war against drugs will be! Go on Srettha! Don't listen to Anutin!!!👏

If they had been stoned and not on Yaa Baa, they would have fallen asleep eating the porridge!

I often wonder the reason why people get addicted to drugs (sorry, no personal experience), and how they can afford drugs. 

A former heroin addict told me the feeling was very blissful and better than Hollywood movies made out, but yaba is hard to understand.