Hot Dogs

2 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

With all due respect... the water in Thailand is too clean for Sabretts...

They didn't earn the sobriquet 'Dirty Water Hotdogs' without it!

Its NYC water, the best in the world.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I miss the dogs that used to have at Jiffy, loaded up with chopped onions, great quick bite on the road. 

My boy loves decent sausage, and he's in Germany this week so he's having a hay-day! 

They have these at Villa and Tops, and often buy-one-get one when close to expiry. 

Dogs01.png.38fd5f25d31a92a54896c15c27126bb4.pngDogs02.png.920f865f2c0ad41bf112113a80668511.png

13 minutes ago, curtklay said:

Thai hot dogs are putrid. Nathan's and Hebrew National are the only ones I will eat, but have never found here. 

try Gourmet Market, I think they have both. 

IMO, Nathans are way over-rated. 

The most amusing thing about this thread is watching a bunch of old guys compare and get excited about their own favorite weiners together. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, curtklay said:

Thai hot dogs are putrid. Nathan's and Hebrew National are the only ones I will eat, but have never found here. 

A restaurant here in Siem Reap will deliver two Nathans on Buns with Fries for $7.50, which a bargain, especially when he claims they arent frozen

23 minutes ago, curtklay said:

Thai hot dogs topped with marmite. Now we're talking! 🤮

KImchee. All the foul Asian hitdogs require a slathering of decent KimChee.

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

try Gourmet Market, I think they have both. 

IMO, Nathans are way over-rated. 

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think Nathans are made by Hebrew, or maybe its vice versa.

In the comercial hotdog world, The Hebrew is King. Sauerkraut and mustard. But you can't go wrong with a Sahlen, or a Sabrett with mustard and red onions in sauce. Or the White Ones like they sell in Rochester NY and Cincinnati (?).

All the rest are kind of insipid junk like Wonder Bread and Cheeze Whiz, best eaten as children, or where there is too much alcohol for folks to care

And of course it matters not what hot dog is buried in the middle of a Sonoara Dog.

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Topic is hotdogs, and Yank hotdogs aren't their forte either.   Plenty of sausage, with or without meat, and many flavored nicely.  

Love me some Issan sausage, goes great in a sandwich with sliced tomato and cheese and three threes pickles.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I hit save 3 times, before looking at the end to see it had already posted.  (In past, the comment would save and then send me to the last page. It didn't this time.) Will a Moderator please delete this message?

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
Triple entry...

Posted (edited)

I hit save 3 times, before looking at the end to see it had already posted.  (In past, the comment would save and then send me to the last page. It didn't this time). Will a Moderator please delete this message?

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
Triple entry...

On 5/12/2024 at 9:12 AM, Dioj said:

With all the healthy, fresh, and delicious food in the world, it's hard to imagine anyone would be missing any of that horrid, processed, nitrate infested, heart attack inducing junk food made with monkey foreskins from America. 

Very much so - and thanks! 

If only people who like such junk food knew how it was prepared. The last remaining material on a pig's carcass (or other animal) is "vacumed off" leaving just bone. This includes skin, fat, gristle, cartilage, tendons and muscle. It is munged up into a slurry, with all the additives, which is then forced into the collagen and cellulose casings. Yuck!

How Hot Dogs Are Made [PHOTOS]

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=e2da69de12d3bb4c&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH850TH850&sxsrf=ADLYWILSOIn-qshmiUYrDa6ZkIzumkohnA:1715586637835&q=photo+of+manufacture+of+hot+dogs&udm=2&

• Thanks 1

Have you tried Paleo Robbie?  They only sell on line so you'll have to download the app.  All thier food is organic and shipped to you frozen and packed with some dry ice.  If you have any kids around, they'll get a kick out of putting the dry ice in water.  

Screenshot_20240514_001254_Paleo Robbie.jpg

23 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

If only people who like such junk food knew how it was prepared. The last remaining material on a pig's carcass (or other animal) is "vacumed off" leaving just bone. This includes skin, fat, gristle, cartilage, tendons and muscle. It is munged up into a slurry, with all the additives, which is then forced into the collagen and cellulose casings. Yuck!

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=e2da69de12d3bb4c&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH850TH850&sxsrf=ADLYWILSOIn-qshmiUYrDa6ZkIzumkohnA:1715586637835&q=photo+of+manufacture+of+hot+dogs&udm=2&

Everyone in the picture is wearing hygenic hair nets, face masks and frocks.   Ergo, the food must be clean.   Ergo, the food must be healthy.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, Jaybott said:

Have you tried Paleo Robbie?  They only sell on line so you'll have to download the app.  All thier food is organic and shipped to you frozen and packed with some dry ice.  If you have any kids around, they'll get a kick out of putting the dry ice in water.  

Kids playing with dry ice, what could go wrong?

On 5/13/2024 at 1:59 PM, Freddy42OZ said:

Can you see your abs? 

If not then you are too fat.  

I haven't had abs for about 30 years ( I used to have some pretty good ones back then ). I can see where they would be if I had any, so does that count?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/12/2024 at 9:12 AM, Dioj said:

With all the healthy, fresh, and delicious food in the world, it's hard to imagine anyone would be missing any of that horrid, processed, nitrate infested, heart attack inducing junk food made with monkey foreskins from America. 

Please don't tell me. You enjoy the world class super healthy Thai street food?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Yummy.

It's still food, even if not attractive at that stage, and it all comes out the same way as the finest chef prepared Cordon Bleu.

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 2:34 PM, impulse said:

A typical Chicago dog includes a slice of dill pickle, but it's a fresh kosher dill pickle, not as strong flavor as a normal dill pickle that comes in a jar that lasts forever.  We also called them pickle barrel pickles, and you can make them yourself.  If you haven't yet, try a sport pepper, or a pepperoncini, easily available in Asia.

I'll have to try the lettuce...  Never had it on a dog.  That's usually a burger thing back home.

I was at the supermarket today, but nothing with "dill" in the name. I guess gherkins will have to suffice.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was at the supermarket today, but nothing with "dill" in the name. I guess gherkins will have to suffice.

I've never seen the bright green-neon-glow-in-the-dark relish anywhere outside of a Chicago hotdog restaurant, either.   Also, has to have celery salt.

Edited by tjintx
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pickles .. another one of the easiest things to make at home.  Too many recipes on line.

Keep a couple jars going at all times ... hmm, running low on sauerkraut :coffee1:

438271589_1471468610465244_8854822453662996211_n.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tjintx said:

I've never seen the bright green-neon-glow-in-the-dark relish anywhere outside of a Chicago hotdog restaurant, either.   Also, has to have celery salt.

The neon green relish is made by the Chicago Pickle Company.   Chipico.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Please don't tell me. You enjoy the world class super healthy Thai street food?

No street food left in my area. You mean all the sewer rats running around in the Sois? I wouldn't exactly call that Thai street food, but to each his own. They do eat field rats though in Thailand. Maybe even make the hot dogs out of them. Yummmmm!