PM Srettha Discusses Cannabis Classification Concerns Amid Coalition Tensions

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

There have been reported tensions within the government on the matter, with Srettha expressing gratitude towards Anutin for supporting the right to protest. He also assured that there would be no internal conflict among the coalition parties.

Looks like the back peddling has already started before triggering an avalanche. What a pity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

There have been reported tensions within the government on the matter, with Srettha expressing gratitude towards Anutin for supporting the right to protest. He also assured that there would be no internal conflict among the coalition parties.

Srettha v Anutin...  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Chairman of the network highlighted difficulties in selling products and called for government support to mitigate losses.

Well, first making money and if business is slowing demand financial help from the govt.

Ridiculous 🙏

• Like 1

The usual anti-cannabis responses 😄. And one surprising response from a pro-cannabis supporter.. Mr. Stoner.. Stoner, why go for the cheap shot? Community enterprise.. Thai farmers know how to grow, but professionally marketing an unfamiliar product can be challenging in the early days. I doubt their product is crap, and it will certainly get better.

This is exactly what I have been counting on as pro-cannabis consumer. Anutin is not going to be a pushover on his signature issue, and his party's key role in the coalition gives him great leverage.

Roll 'em and smoke 'em!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, bobbin said:

Thai farmers know how to grow, but professionally marketing an unfamiliar product can be challenging in the early days. I doubt their product is crap, and it will certainly get better.

not cannabis though.

a few can grow decently but the majority are not really good at all. not a cheap shot just going with my experience from what i have seen all over the country. i could give literally dozens of accounts of grows i have visited and almost all were sub par at best. i know and was involved with some of the biggest companies in the country. same thing. the companies only made it due to foreigners helping them. i would rather not go into details with thai defamation and all. more than happy to share some info in private if you want though. 

i do expect a small percentage of them to catch on quickly though. say 5 to 10 years to really get a handle on it. the rest will be the same like all over the world. people think they can grow good cannabis. in reality its just another drop in the ocean of mids out there.  

high quality top shelf cannabis is extremely difficult to grow and requires a true true master grower to pull off. no one in thailand has this experience or knowledge of the plant that i am aware of (other than my guy :)). even the guys i know from the thai black market have only been growing for about 10 years now. none of them are master growers.

i know cannabis has been around thailand for a very long time. however they were not making the advancements that others around the world have. 

1 minute ago, stoner said:

not cannabis though.

a few can grow decently but the majority are not really good at all. not a cheap shot just going with my experience from what i have seen all over the country. i could give literally dozens of accounts of grows i have visited and almost all were sub par at best. i know and was involved with some of the biggest companies in the country. same thing. the companies only made it due to foreigners helping them. i would rather not go into details with thai defamation and all. more than happy to share some info in private if you want though. 

i do expect a small percentage of them to catch on quickly though. say 5 to 10 years to really get a handle on it. the rest will be the same like all over the world. people think they can grow good cannabis. in reality its just another drop in the ocean of mids out there.  

high quality top shelf cannabis is extremely difficult to grow and requires a true true master grower to pull off. no one in thailand has this experience or knowledge of the plant that i am aware of (other than my guy :)). even the guys i know from the thai black market have only been growing for about 10 years now. none of them are master growers.

i know cannabis has been around thailand for a very long time. however they were not making the advancements that others around the world have. 

The quality of cannabis being produced in Thailand in the 1960s and 1970s was as good as that produced anywhere else in the world, arguably the best.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

The quality of cannabis being produced in Thailand in the 1960s and 1970s was as good as that produced anywhere else in the world, arguably the best.

you are correct. it was all garbage too no matter where it came from. cue old smokers to tell me how great smoking thai stick back in the day was. zzzzzz. sorry i fell asleep. 

what is produced today is totally different. most people don't usually get access to the highest quality flowers that are grown.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, webfact said:

He noted that further details would be studied by relevant agencies if cannabis were to be classified as a narcotic illegal drug.

Previously, Srettha had taken a more decisive stance on criminalizing cannabis, but appears to be stepping back to allow for further discussions and considerations based on public opinion.

Pro-cannabis activists have voiced their opposition to any plans of recriminalizing cannabis, with warnings of potential protests and legal actions.

Preparing for a U turn on the U turn ...

Clowns .

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, stoner said:

you are correct. it was all garbage too no matter where it came from. cue old smokers to tell me how great smoking thai stick back in the day was. zzzzzz. sorry i fell asleep. 

what is produced today is totally different. most people don't usually get access to the highest quality flowers that are grown.

I am an old smoker.. literally. 😁. I visited Thailand several times in the'70s. Loved the old sticks.. Have Western legal ( and "pre-legal") growers advanced the product's quality in the intervening 50 years? Absolutely. But it's not rocket science.. just good old agriculture.I love top quality weed and I've smoked lots of it. But it's taste and effect that I look for and I don't need or want to be paying the equivalent of US$250/oz to be happy!

The recently departed ( and not particularly mourned) "brick weed" we had to smoke the last 20 years was about 3000 Baht for 100 grams. So 30 Baht/gm. or 30,000 Baht a kilo. I know people paying 40-50 Baht a gram now for quite decent buds.

Now, I won't pay more than 150-200 Baht a gram.. But if it's cheaper and good (and it will be), I'm even happier..

• Agree 1

If only humans would realize the hurt, damage, costs and nightmare of alcohol abuse on their families and friends, then they would beg for stricter controls over alcohol.  The data is out there for one country (the one most of the folks here keep hating) on, for what happened to the quality of life during prohibition.  You will find out that life was actually better for families until 1933.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

..indeed! but this had to be done before the decision was taken to legalize cannabis.

By Anutin and the BJT party, who introduced the flawed bill during the last government.

It appears that Anutin is now backing the PM in relisting cannabis as a narcotic.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, a community enterprise marijuana plantation in Nakhon Ratchasima has faced challenges due to the oversaturation of the market following the decriminalization in 2022.

if taxsin and his puppet sreta get their way this enterprise will have nothing to worry about cos it will be illegal to grow and they will be shut down. maybe this enterprise should think before yapping

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bobbin said:

"brick weed" we had to smoke the last 20 years was about 3000 Baht for 100 grams.

ฺthe true price of that brick was 5000 a kilo. they sold it to foreigners for 3000 for 100g. 

6 hours ago, curtklay said:

The PM needs to take a step back... off a pier. 

I'd go with that, or at least permanently into china with his brothers.

Not only should cannabis not be reclassified, but mushrooms should also be taken off the banned list.

• Agree 1