86 Year Old Thai Man Murders Friend Over 'Lack of Respect'

webfact

Posted (edited)

"Police have charged Jampa with intentional murder under Section 288 of Thai Criminal Law, which carries severe penalties including the potential for life imprisonment or even the death penalty."

Life imprisonment isn't going to be that long is it. In reality he won't even make it to the next amnesty.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

perhaps when sober, regret will sink in, "Oh what a rogue and peasant slave am I...."

My deceased Father-in-Law killed a Man by stabbing him in the same circumstances 40 odd years ago.  He did 5 years of a 10 year Jail sentence and always said he couldn't remember doing it and therefore wasn' sorry about it at all, even though the Victim had a Wife and young Kids !

• Sad 2

Two glasses of Lao Khao would have been enough to send the old fella over the edge.  Life imprisonment means a couple of years by the look of him 🙂

• Like 1

This is a good example of how fragile most Thai people egos are. Absolutely disgusting. 

.. However.. I must always remember this as I go about my day here in the Land of Smiles 🙂

RIP to the victim 🙏

• Confused 1

At age 86, intoxicated, yet still able to articulate his reason for lethal reaction to a much younger  man for his "disrespect" !

I give him credit for ability to express his motivation at age 86.

Unfortunately he forfeits any credit from any quarter for the unnecessary murder !

If all involved had instead  been stoned (medically) in all probability the outcome would have been a laughing suggestion to eat own excrement in place of receiving a deadly blade in crucial organs.

Or not ?

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

"I bought him alcohol, but he didn't respect me. He insulted me, so I stabbed him. For a man, honour is everything," Jampa reportedly told police.

Just as well he hasn't got much time or health left in him, by the look of him, to atone of his sins for much longer...

16 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Would never have happened if they'd been smoking weed.

It might have if they'd been drinking Lao khow or taking yabba too...

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

wow    !      those guys sure know how to throw a party  .....  

I don't think Thais know the meaning of the word respect or empathy

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Yeah because babies routinely murder each other for lack of respect

No, but babies and small children fight in the sandbox over toys. Imagine that escalating when the mind does not develop and find itself in an adult body.

However, you did not understand my post from start, so you will probably have difficulties with this one as well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, but babies and small children fight in the sandbox over toys. Imagine that escalating when the mind does not develop and find itself in an adult body.

However, you did not understand my post from start, so you will probably have difficulties with this one as well.

Grown men also fight ,   Sometimes 1000's of them all at one time, often to the sounds of trumpets and drums   are they all akin to  children ?  even the ones who are awarded military honours?