Bangkok Chaos: Pickup Plummets From 4/FL Hospital Car Park

webfact

18 minutes ago, Paiman said:

Very unusual behaviour for a Thai after this kind of incident to wait for the police.

She must have a license and insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Three things:

•  "The black pickup was sent soaring". ChatGPT needs more training. It fell, it didn't soar. Just more poor and painful writing.
  • The black motorbike guy had a very lucky escape. 
  • I am glad the pickup was destroyed. By its wheels and "Liqui Moly" sticker you know this was one of those modified trucks driven by morons that is chipped to spew out black filth. "Rolling coal". Good riddance.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I've just hit on Idea, instead of taking their test on what is no more than a car park, they could use muliti-story ones, hills, bends, it's got the lot........:cheesy:

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I contend that a great many automobile accidents happen in Thailand due to the driver wearing flip-flops. The first time I tried it, I knew there was no way that I could properly control the pedals. One is too busy trying to keep the flip-flop on the foot since there is no heel support, and I can see how the brain would have trouble with that maneuver and putting the desired pressure on the brake or accelerator at the same time. It's very confusing and very dangerous. When my wife drives the car, I will not allow her to drive with such shoes. It has to be a well-fitted shoe with full support all the way around. I've seen people drive in flip-flops and take off the right shoe and drive barefooted while the unused flip-flop is left somewhere in the floorboard, and that could easily get lodged under the pedals and cause an accident. The Thais seem to be totally oblivious to this problem with the flip-flops. 

Edited by fittobethaied

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I guess she really wanted that parking spot.  I would have picked one closer to the entrance door myself.

She succeeded in what Putin at least so far has failed, even if he did pick the spot right next to entrance. Straightest path is not always the shortest maybe. 

• Sad 1

Most of us are writing and inferring about the pushing car but no one has written about the car that was pushed…why did it get pushed so easily? No parking brake, no engaged gear (if it was a manual), no “P” selected if it was an automatic? 🤔🤔

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Probably A case of mixing the brake pedal with the gas one, specially when wearing high heels or totally 

not with it due to fatigue... good thing no one got hurt, cars are replaclebes dead humans not so much..

Just lucky that she manage to find both the pedal and strength to stop her own car.

• Confused 1

Not 'Bangkok chaos'.  Please, hold the hype already.  There were no injuries because nobody was in the pickup truck.  Woman driver's statement makes no sense when you see the video.  Truck was parked and her car pushed it over the edge.  Last sentence was cringe-worthy.

Unlike many, she waited for the police instead of fleeing the scene.

She also came to an amicable agreement with the owner of that flying car. 

All very unusual in Thailand. 

All that was missing was Bruce Willis.

• Haha 1

lucky to be alive 4th flr parking area,the woman must have just got her license or not.They would have being some kind of barrier to stop this happening.What happened sounds crazy but this is thailand and it is full of crazy drivers

6 hours ago, stoner said:

can someone show a stoner like me where the other car is in the video ? take note she is coming up a 1 way ramp. 

My theory:  Imagine a very small woman in a very large car. She would hardly be able to see above the dashboard. Going up on a ramp would make her see absolutely nothing in front of the car. Only when the car is on level ground after having left the ramp, she will suddenly have seen the parked car in front of her, probably panicked and pushed the accellerator instead of the brake. Having a small wife myself, I have never understood why they keep making the dashboards higher in new cars, but I guess that it must be for the drivers and passengers safety. But solving one safety problem by raising the dashboards, will just create another safety problem, when smaller people are behind the wheel.  Here in Bangkok, I have driven with several taxi drivers who barely had a view above the dashboard in their Toyota Altis.

She on lol ! | Kids goals, Cute babies, Future kids

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Just lucky that she manage to find both the pedal and strength to stop her own car.

Lucky?  Or unlucky for the rest of the people driving on roads where she is also driving?

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The events began to unfold

love this... the events began to unfold just as gravity kicked in... wonder how a truck falling from the sky can begin to unfold?

6 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

The majority of Thai drivers do not belong behind the wheel of any vehicle. Not in a car park...and certainly not out on the roads.

Why would that be when incidents such as these do not happen to the  majority of Thais?

• Confused 1