Anyone run into this Notification from Chonburi Immigration?

I used an visa agent in Pattaya (shame on me) after being frustrated with attempting completing the process on my own.  

The visa agent posted the attached notice, instructing that the visa holders notify their office upon re-entering into Thailand from abroad EVERY TIME. 

The visa agent also imposes a 1000 THB fee and informed that this was to re-issue a TM30 after re-entry.  Interestingly, they never issued me a new TM30 until I asked (and never completed one after my first re-entry).  

I am getting mixed feedback that this requirement is no longer effective.  I do not want to contact the visa agent as I question the company's integrity.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Pattyaya_ImmigNotice.jpg

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

What you are posting from agent is rubbish.

A TM30 is not required. Law changed June 2020. 

You should be more concerned with how you plan to make your 90 day reports having used an agent. 

Most likely your stamps were issued up country. 

Though you're technically/"Legally" correct, each IO can implement their own policies & Jomtien/Sri Racha changed theirs in 2023 to require a TM30 dated after your last entry into Thailand for any immigration matters that you need to do with them... https://ground.news/article/chonburi-immigration-bureau-tightens-address-reporting

I don't know if this is still in effect or if you'll be fined were you to turn up with a TM30 dated before your last entry but that could be where the Agent is getting their information from. 

Have to confess that I got back from the UK last Tuesday & have no intention of doing a new TM30 before I renew my Passport next month so will see if they need one when I have my stamps transferred over & pay the fine if I need to, 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Have to confess that I got back from the UK last Tuesday & have no intention of doing a new TM30 before I renew my Passport next month so will see if they need one when I have my stamps transferred over & pay the fine if I need to, 

Off the topic a bit. I assume that you do not have too long left on your passport validity before renewal is required. No issues at any stage of the journey returning to Thailand regarding the expiration date eg less than 6 months etc?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Keeps said:

Off the topic a bit. I assume that you do not have too long left on your passport validity before renewal is required. No issues at any stage of the journey returning to Thailand regarding the expiration date eg less than 6 months etc?

Expires June 2025 but my extension is due end of September so if I don't renew it before then I'll only get 9.5 months instead of 12.

As I got the passport in Oct 2014 (Used to get up to 9 months extra if you renewed it early) I was warned at the check-in desk that I would need to renew it before Oct 2024 if I wanted to travel to the Europe as even though there would be 9 months left on it, passports >10 years old are not valid for entering Europe.

Wouldn't have been a problem flying MAN-AMS-BKK as you're not entering Europe (Don't pass through Border Control/Security in AMS) but you'd be relying on the check-in staff understanding that.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tongski said:

Does anyone know if this Act is currently active?  

I've heard that it is no longer in effect.  

The act is always active and in effect, its just the enforcement that varies. Every time you check into a hotel, they are reporting you as per the notice you post. And otherwise your landlord is supposed to be reporting you. Most of the time immigration requires a completed TM30 before conducting any other business with them. No ongoing business with immigration , it wont come up.

Your agent posting that notice is really just drumming up business.

• Agree 2

There appears to be no consistency at Jomtien, my agent said the other week a TM30 is still required, yes they could be touting for business albeit they are probably one of the busiest in Pattaya judging by the number of Passports they have in their filing cabinets.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Personally have pet detest re Jomitien immigration.

Strange, in many years, I have always found Jomtien to be quite polite and efficient.

And it is obvious that they "try" to make life easier for visitors, during the long queues, they put fans up, then chairs, and now of-course, it is almost all a/c.

But as I don't have experience at other branches, I can not compare....

12 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I renew my Passport next month so will see if they need one when I have my stamps transferred over & pay the fine if I need to, 

Off topic but here is heads up to anyone having stamps and visa info transferred to new pp.....

I did this recently at CW. 

They have added a new requirement.

If using money in bank method (retirement) they want photocopies of bankbook pages since last extension and update on the day. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

And it is obvious that they "try" to make life easier for visitors ...

Including requiring 2 months of seasoning for non O application from from visa exempt. Which is wrong.

Also at various times requiring a TM30 when it is not required.

Also requiring folk to report back after obtaining extension to show funds in bank...etc etc.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What you are posting from agent is rubbish.

A TM30 is not required. Law changed June 2020. 

You should be more concerned with how you plan to make your 90 day reports having used an agent. 

Most likely your stamps were issued up country. 

Thank you and appreciate the suggestion.

I frequently travel out of the country and never stay in Thailand over a 90-day period.  Since the 90-days restarts on your most current re-entry into Thailand, would I possibly not ever have to submit a 90-day report?  

2 minutes ago, Tongski said:

would I possibly not ever have to submit a 90-day report?  

My first 7 years in Thailand I was out in almost every month.

So never did a TM47 till covid hit. 

The problem with not having done a TM47 is that it makes obtaining a certificate of residence very difficult and at CW impossible. 

9 minutes ago, Tongski said:

I frequently travel out of the country and never stay in Thailand over a 90-day period.  Since the 90-days restarts on your most current re-entry into Thailand, would I possibly not ever have to submit a 90-day report?  

Correct but it could pose a problem when renewing your visa.

19 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Correct but it could pose a problem when renewing your visa.

Why - what problem could arise?

1 minute ago, topt said:

Why - what problem could arise?

If Immigration had required a TM30 you would be fined, grey area as some posters now saying if you are on a long term visa and leave Thailand and return to the same address a TM30 is not required now ?

• Agree 1

i have to reregister my addy everytime ...  as does any landlord i rent from 

normal 

they should update your form for your protection ... always ask 

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If Immigration had required a TM30 you would be fined, grey area as some posters now saying if you are on a long term visa and leave Thailand and return to the same address a TM30 is not required now ?

In this attached thread read the OP.

In particular para 2.2

Rule re TM30 changed June 2020. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Your comment was to somebody who asked about 90 day reports - nothing to do with TM30?

22 hours ago, Tongski said:

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, topt said:

Your comment was to somebody who asked about 90 day reports - nothing to do with TM30?

If you haven’t done a TM30 when you do your 90 Day Report you could be fined depending on the IO you report to.so it has everything to do with a 90 Day Report.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you haven’t done a TM30 when you do your 90 Day Report you could be fined depending on the IO you report to.so it has everything to do with a 90 Day Report.

TM30 has nothing to do with TM47 unless you are changing address. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It is connected if you left the country and didn’t do a TM30 on your return, after 90 Days of returning and doing your 90 Day Report the IO will know if you have done a TM30 if not you could be fined.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It is connected if you left the country and didn’t do a TM30 on your return, after 90 Days of returning and doing your 90 Day Report the IO will know if you have done a TM30 if not you could be fined.

A TM30 is not required if having left Thailand and reenter with reentry permit or same visa (eg multi entry) 

Read the thread I posted earlier.

The one with pic of TM30.

specifically para 2.2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I did a change of address at CW 3 weeks ago. I renewed my retirement visa last week have till Oct. now because my passport expires. i went to do my 90 day report online and it was rejected said I have a tourist visa and did not qualify?? Also question I am renewing my passport next month USA when I get it back I go to CW and get stamped all over again? Thank you in Advance

13 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

Also question I am renewing my passport next month USA when I get it back I go to CW and get stamped all over again?

After you renew your pp at some point you need to attend immigration to have your visa info and stamps transferred to your new pp.

There is no urgency and some folk even leave till attending immigration for something such as extensions.

I did this a few months back and out of the blue immigration wanted my bank books and photocopies of pages back to my previous extension. Come prepared for this.

Here is link. The form you need is #25

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=3202

Remember to update details of new passport with bank 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1