Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

13 minutes ago, rabas said:

Proof, new high-res MAXAR images. Left side is pretty torn up.

Cardboard cut outs ?   why are their "highest value assets" just sitting out in the open like that ?

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Not cardboard. Click the link, all the Su-57s are sitting in the open. There is one dummy, easy to spot.

Ok plywood   why the heck do you think they left their highest value assets sitting out in the open like that ?  I would have thought they would be at least covered with a camouflage net  or in some sort of hanger ?  I don't think the Russian military  are that stupid  I don't think any military are that stupid.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, rabas said:

Your not but you will be...

Proof, new high-res MAXAR images. Left side is pretty torn up. 

See full images and story here: [STORY, FULL IMAGES]

Screenshotfrom2024-06-1119-33-27.png.b57f37df4e389bb94459a9325bec64fd.png

I won't bother, but there are many videos online showing Ukraine tanks, planes and soldiers destroyed and dead. I don't think I'm allowed to post on here - it's a one-sided view.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"everyone knows" eh?  you can't vote in Ukraine as elections are banned - opposition is banned and thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing the brutal conscription.

The end of Ukraine is fairly near and I fear the escalation more as Russia will bomb. rightly, airfields that are used against it. You are wishing for WW3 and your kids and grandkids will curse you for it (if they live).

It’s true you know. Ukraine can’t hold elections because, because… actually I don’t know why. What I do know is that Blinken can still conveniently chance upon a left handed guitar in a pizza shop with a live band to play a song. Apparently, he’s not that good a singer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Wow Times Radio reporting the corruption scandal at the heart of goverment and NYT. How much of our foreign aid been trousered ? Answer - given the alarms being raised in MSM , is quite a lot. My view, given the increase of cricial artlces in key western media is we are being prepped for a change in narrative. We did all we could but corrupt officals stymied our aid.

Mr. Nayyem’s resignation made for awkward timing, coming a day before a major donor conference on reconstruction in Berlin. Ukrainian authorities had excluded him from the delegation, upending meetings he said he had scheduled with foreign officials about donations for Ukrainian reconstruction.

By evening on Monday, Mr. Nayyem and the government were in open disagreement about why he had been excluded from the delegation. Government officials told the Ukrainian media that the prime minister had scheduled a meeting with Mr. Nayyem for Wednesday, while Mr. Nayyem said he had never received such an invitation.

https://archive.ph/4sGAQ

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

IF Ukraine breaches Russian airspace with foreign weapons, Russia has every right to hit the country that provides them. Be careful what you wish for. I expect terrible things to come which might wipe the smirks off your faces. Do you want WW3? I think you are very close to getting it.

I'm absolutely baffled how on Earth can these strikes be happening. The drones used are so slow even WW2 AA should be able to take them out with ease. Yet they don't seem to bother to defend the airfields at all? They also should be detectable from very far away, especially by military radars, yet they let them fly freely all the way to their targets.

It just make no sense to me and makes the claims about Russian incompetence believable.

But it would appear radars have filters to filter out all the noise. If they didn't they'd be swamped with data and you wouldn't be able to see anything at all. So if you want to shoot down jets you tell the radar to ignore things that are tiny and slow so you can see the big, fast things.Well, guess which category $200 Alibaba drones with an RPG taped to it are? They need hardened bunkers which will no dount happen so that drones are no longer a bother. Similar to the cope cages / turtle tanks. It will happen and quickly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rabas said:

It's not a clickbait title. He's talking about how Russian infrastructure is falling apart, which it's true.

It's rapid, widespread, and worsening. Trains, planes, elevators, water systems, dams, roads, central heating, etc. Several reasons, lack of imported parts, civil budgets drained for the war, manpower that can fix civil infrastructure sent to the front.

WATCH People thrown from speeding train across busy highway. Break failure. 

Russian infrastructure is always falling apart.

6 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Wow. If all you are saying is true, this is only a matter of time before Putin will be overthrown and the conflict ended. So why is the German defence minister planning for a Russian invasion in 2029? Why is NATO drawing up plans for 5 different road corridors for 300,000 US troops to fight Russia? Why is France donating Mirage 2000 jets and 15,000 troops, sorry, trainers to Ukraine?

You really should not believe everything you see on YT.

NATO always makes such plans. That is their reason for existence.

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"everyone knows" eh?  you can't vote in Ukraine as elections are banned - opposition is banned and thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing the brutal conscription.

The end of Ukraine is fairly near and I fear the escalation more as Russia will bomb. rightly, airfields that are used against it. You are wishing for WW3 and your kids and grandkids will curse you for it (if they live).

Is the "end of Ukraine" in the room with you now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I won't bother, but there are many videos online showing Ukraine tanks, planes and soldiers destroyed and dead. I don't think I'm allowed to post on here - it's a one-sided view.

There are Ukrainian losses, just not as many as the Russian losses, due to the nature of the war. Russian officers demand their soldiers advance at all costs, resulting in heavy combat losses. Ukraine is happy to slowly retreat, as long as Russia incurs those heavy losses.

At some point, Russia will not be able to sustain the losses. We saw that in 2022, when the initial Russian invasion force of 180,000 was practically eliminated, and Ukraine walked through Kharkhiv and Kherson.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I'm absolutely baffled how on Earth can these strikes be happening. The drones used are so slow even WW2 AA should be able to take them out with ease. Yet they don't seem to bother to defend the airfields at all? They also should be detectable from very far away, especially by military radars, yet they let them fly freely all the way to their targets.

It just make no sense to me and makes the claims about Russian incompetence believable.

But it would appear radars have filters to filter out all the noise. If they didn't they'd be swamped with data and you wouldn't be able to see anything at all. So if you want to shoot down jets you tell the radar to ignore things that are tiny and slow so you can see the big, fast things.Well, guess which category $200 Alibaba drones with an RPG taped to it are? They need hardened bunkers which will no dount happen so that drones are no longer a bother. Similar to the cope cages / turtle tanks. It will happen and quickly.

Low flying, low radar crosssection drones currently have some advantage. Also depends on what types of radar are placed where. There will always be a battle between stealthier drones and better anti-drone radar.

Just like the new Ukrainian anti-turtle tank warheads. What comes after turtle tanks? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/wartime-ukraines-election-dilemma

Ukraine’s constitution holds that the country may not hold parliamentary elections until martial law, in effect since February 24, 2022, is lifted, and for six months thereafter. 

It's easily googled, but that doesn't fit into your FUD narrative that you push out on a daily basis as an "expert"

How convenient. Declare martial law, extend as necessary, stay on as President indefinitely. Yup, the west sure is fighting for democracy…😂

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They didn't have a lot of choice when declaring Martial Law did they?

I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me? What does martial law bring to the country, other than allowing Zelensky to stay on as President for as long as it is in effect? Sounds very convenient to me. I wonder whether Biden might try the same play.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russia carrying  out an illegal invasion of their country is not reason enough for implementing it?

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you think being invaded doesn't justify martial law.

Like I said, I don’t know. Obviously both of you know what martial law does, that’s why I’m asking. Otherwise, I would imagine that it merely imposes lots of restrictions on freedom of movement, speech, curfews etc, stuff that I know of when I was living in a country that had declared martial law previously. How does martial law help Ukraine in this instance, other than allowing democracy to be temporarily (for now) suspended?

5 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

What about this bothers you?  It's not martial law in itself, and as someone who supports Russia degraded civil liberties are, you know, your thing.

I’ve been to Russia several times, know a few Russians. Not once did I feel my civil liberties nor those of my friends degraded. In fact, it was extremely liberal and open, we were partying in the streets of St. Pete at 3 am in the morning when it was during the midnight sun period. I felt a lot more unsafe in some other European capitals. Strange that.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1