Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the past discussion I have more than once pointed out that this is a Russian/ Ukrainian squabble and we should not get involved.

Seems the idea of bleeding Russia was too tempting for the neocons that IMO run the USA to ignore, unfortunately. They have a track record of trying to do that ( Afghanistan, anyone? ). Pity that Britain ( which wisely stayed out of the US adventure in Vietnam ) has become such a poodle to the US, and jumped in boots and all.

Meanwhile, no new news about the trapped Russian soldiers in Vovchansk.

Edited by Danderman123

4 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Carry on believing what you like.

Personally, I find it hard to believe that Russia is sustaining 4 times the losses that Ukraine is. But who knows? One day the figures might be released but even that might be fudged.

We’ll just have to see who can last longer.

I remember the Bakhmut meat grinder tactics that Russia executed on Ukraine.

The Orc Ruzzian rachsist dictator Putin has been dying on the verge of a coup for 2 and a half years now and uses doubles everywhere so who knows ? The Russian economy has collapsed and the people are rising up.

Anybody reading the MSM 2 years ago would confidently be predicting that and from approved sources,probably many here no dount. But here we are now upping the ante each month whilst most the world no longer cares an or has any headroom for a war far away in a country they know little of.

Too much Tolkien and not enough history ,Mordor has not fallen. Bahkmut as well as a meat grinder was a diversion so that Suroivikin could build his impregnable lines - the US did warn Zelenskiy that the village wasn't worth the sacrifice in blood and treasure but Zelenskiy and hisunshakeable lawyer Yerman sidekick thought he knew better than seasoned army chief Zalunhyi who he later sacked. It's status pivoted after the dall that it wasn't strategic anyway.

And here we are now in another endless war and the west now waving nukes not Putin with Hamish de Bretton Gorodn in the Telegraph threatening that the west could flatten Russia with them.

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

I suspect Brian yours will stand up though I know nothing about you personally !!

Well a little humour is allowed when its also credited to a respected account and on topic top the post responded to. I see nothing offensive in it, that would only be to the pro Russians :thumbsup:

• Like 1

https://archive.ph/kntyM

“By taking control of Novooleksandrivka, Russia moves closer to threatening the T0504 road, one of the main supply routes for Ukrainian forces further east.”

The recent Russian gains leaves them less than five miles from the T0504, which links the Ukrainian-held cities of Pokrovsk and Kostiantynivka.

The road is a critical supply route for Ukrainian forces in the east of the country. If the Russians successfully cut off the highway, dubbed the “road of life”, it would leave the likes of Kostyantynivka and Chasiv Yar, further to the east, in isolation.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 071847.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Off topic completely but:

Noam Chomsky's wife says reports of famed linguist's death are false

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/noam-chomskys-wife-reports-famed-linguists-death-false-111230880

Thanks I was trolled then by the militant Zionist leekern who I follow on X when I opened my morning new sources. He was gloating, funny guy.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I don't make bets against the house when the dealer has a stacked deck.

Last time I looked:

"Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War"

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Your memory fails you, Russia suffered horrendous losses at Bakhmut.

Even Prigozhin complained about Russian casualties.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. Same same could be said for the Ukrainian side. At the end of the day, the end justifies the means. Bakhmut fell to the Russians. Casualties are not my concern. Apparently, some of them were convicts. Maybe they preferred death to a life in prison.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Meanwhile, no new news about the trapped Russian soldiers in Vovchansk.

Possibly because the trapped soldiers are Ukrainians. We’ll find out soon enough I guess.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jvs said:

Hey guys,how about not responding to the few obvious trolls on here?

Just let them rant but do not reply.

They are putin's lap dogs.

:cheesy: :cheesy:  :cheesy:

You are proposing to take away the very reason for their existence. If not for guys like me and @thaibeachlovers, @beautifulthailand99, @BobBKK, @jas007 @offshore360, @BigBruv and a few others, some of you wouldn’t know how to fill your days

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

LOL. You are no longer needed!

32% of all AI chatbot responses are pushing Russian propaganda.

Which means that 68% are pushing Ukrainian propaganda. Goodby then.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t. Same same could be said for the Ukrainian side. At the end of the day, the end justifies the means. Bakhmut fell to the Russians. Casualties are not my concern. Apparently, some of them were convicts. Maybe they preferred death to a life in prison.

"The end justifies the means" typifies the thinking of Russian commanders in WWI. They lost everything as a result.

Note that Prigozhin issued videos showing mass numbers of Russian corpses in Bakhmut.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://archive.ph/kntyM

“By taking control of Novooleksandrivka, Russia moves closer to threatening the T0504 road, one of the main supply routes for Ukrainian forces further east.”

The recent Russian gains leaves them less than five miles from the T0504, which links the Ukrainian-held cities of Pokrovsk and Kostiantynivka.

The road is a critical supply route for Ukrainian forces in the east of the country. If the Russians successfully cut off the highway, dubbed the “road of life”, it would leave the likes of Kostyantynivka and Chasiv Yar, further to the east, in isolation.

Screenshot 2024-06-19 071847.jpg

Thank you for a substantive post, albeit one with bad news.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1