Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

Another 1 year old less meaningful video for the Latest Developments thread, eh? 

Youtube's top of page warning  -->

image.png.bd262b34c8424e62964a93f614e5115b.png

First point maybe valid second point irrelevant as it is the offcial video released before the Spring Counteroffnesive as well you know ! Interesting that You Tube may have scrubbed some of the original videos from search though that came top of the list , not the official Ukrainian one. Is there a more free form thread where discussions can be had about how we got here , and where this is going where longer more thoughful discussions could be had and hopefully then keep this more on-topic ?

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

First point maybe valid second point irrelevant as it is the offcial video released before the Spring Counteroffnesive as well you know ! Interesting that You Tube may have scrubbed some of the original videos from search though that came top of the list , not the official Ukrainian one. Is there a more free form thread where discussions can be had about how we got here , and where this is going where longer more thoughful discussions could be had and hopefully then keep this more on-topic ?

You don't think this has been discussed before then? That video and numerous discussions around it were discussed nearly a year ago on these topics.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You don't think this has been discussed before then? That video and numerous discussions around it were discussed nearly a year ago on these topics.

It's call back in the context of the video it was qouted for which was frankly optimistic Ukrainian proganda which ever way you want to spin it. The purpose of my video was to shade that with last year's similar misguided optimism. It's always the next thing, the next wunderwaffe , it will be over by Christmas , the Russians are running out of <insert thing here> which I would purport is not objective reality. My opinion, obviously but based on my research. The carnage continues on both sides and just saying Putin started it isn't an anwer to that even if it is partial statment of fact.  Ceasfire now, armistice in place and let the killing stop or it really could be to the last Ukrainian. I've never supported a war in my life and that will be my position to my last breath. If that makes me a commie , Putin's useful idot in the eyes of some ,  then so be it.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Not long and they'll by flying with their long range missile payloads knocking out Russian territory infrastructure.

Ukraine to deploy F-16 fighter jets this summer to shield Kharkiv from Russian attacks

After delays in the delivery and training of pilots and ground staff, the Netherlands says Ukraine should receive its first F-16 fighter jets in the summer, The Guardian reported on June 20.
The commander of the Dutch Air Force, General Arnoud Stallmann, expects F-16s to finally take to the skies over Ukraine this summer.
"Around this summertime, it is all lining up," he said, speaking in front of two decommissioned F-16s at a base where a training program for Ukrainian fighter jet maintenance instructors recently concluded.

https://english.nv.ua/nation/ukraine-to-receive-f-16-fighters-this-summer-to-protect-kharkiv-from-guided-aerial-bombs-guardian-50428772.html

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Vietnam is playing with fire... in one hand they want US companies to invest, on the other hand they receive a mad man dictator, they can't have it both ways. They are trying to replace China as an industrial hub and open arms received Putin

Yeah, this was a puzzling move by Vietnam. Maybe they are trying to play Russia off China.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Two years in, nobody is still sitting on the fence, you are fooling no one

Unlike what you Americans think, it’s not always a matter of with us or against us ala Bush, Blinken. That’s just typical arrogance and ignorance.

Yes, I prefer Russia to win because I believe (along with most of the global majority) that they are justified In their SMO. Will I lose sleep if they lose? Absolutely not. Why? Because I don’t care either way. If you think I’m trying to fool you, then I think you’re too fool full of yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Unlike what you Americans think, it’s not always a matter of with us or against us ala Bush, Blinken. That’s just typical arrogance and ignorance.

Yes, I prefer Russia to win because I believe (along with most of the global majority) that they are justified In their SMO. Will I lose sleep if they lose? Absolutely not. Why? Because I don’t care either way. If you think I’m trying to fool you, then I think you’re too fool full of yourself.

Of course you do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

You support Putin's war aims 

Some peacenik you are 

There have been opportunities for peace. Firstly the Turkish peace deal, mere days after the start of the SMO, which was unfortunately for Ukraine (and many European countries, I might add) scuppered by BoJo and the recent proposal that was rejected within minutes. Any intelligent person genuinely interested in finding a peaceful solution would have taken this proposal as an invitation to treat and commence negotiations rather than shutting the door immediately. It seems like the other side wants the conflict to continue, till the last Ukrainian…

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unlike what you Americans think

You can't even get my nationality right but at least you've finally admitted you prefer Russia to win rather then your previous dishonesty.

My apologies for getting your nationality wrong. You struck me as the typical American. 

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unlike what you Americans think

You can't even get my nationality right but at least you've finally admitted you prefer Russia to win rather than your previous dishonesty.

Finally admitted? I never hid that fact. It’s also a fact that I don’t care. Why should I? I’m neither Ukrainian or Russian.

• Confused 2

According to the Times, almost 1000 Ukrainian soldiers were trained by the Royal Marines. The Deputy Commander of the 38th Brigade revealed that very few of their British-trained commandos are still alive

‘The Russians are trying to drown us’: Ukraine’s cruel river war
Zelensky’s marines once hoped their bridgehead would enable a southern offensive, sharpened by training in Britain. Instead they’re clinging on

https://archive.ph/qckmh#selection-2151.0-2157.143

The Ukrainians claim they have killed significantly more soldiers than the Russians on the left bank of the Dnieper, but casualties on both sides appear to be immense. In the 38th Brigade, the number of commandos trained by the Royal Marines has been significantly reduced. “There’s not many of our guys left,” said Bassoon. “Very few.”

11 hours ago, rabas said:

You haven't figured out what Russian's think, much less the 'global majority'. To help, watch this Russian woman explain Putin's accomplishments. She speaks for 2 minutes so maybe a lot. 'Pravda' means truth. 

As if I’m going to waste any time watching an anonymous woman spouting her opinion on something I have no interest in. As it is, I’ve already wasted enough time writing this reply.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

If you prefer Russia to win, which you said you do, then you do care. Besides your posts already show who you want to win and its not Ukraine. 

You’re just talking rubbish. I may prefer black to blue but I don’t care what coloured shirt I wear. I don’t have OCD or ADHD, unlike some.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2