Thailand Lowers Flags to Half-Mast for President Raisi

50 minutes ago, John Drake said:

More and more evidence that Thailand under Srettha is not only "bending" towards China but becoming a full fledged member of the China/Russia/North Korea/Iran axis.

Next week.....the EU, USA and the UK....

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

WT....? 

World leaders in kow-towing and fence sitting.....embarrassing !

One thing Thailand is good at, it is seeing trough world politics bs and use their strategic position and economic advantages for their own best as long it lasts. 

They can for long time balance between the leading economics without any sanctions which they proved well during the military governments. 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

about time western leaders rattled the Thai leadership... cut trade with Thailand and advise their tourists to go to another country.. there are plenty to choose from and Thailand doesn't want tourists, all they want is their money...

So which low cost countries would that be? 

Strategic Thailand is important for the west, so it will not happen. Imagine Chineese bases in Thailand? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

Ehh ??

Thailand (as with everyone else) should be cheering his death 

Lol The official condemnation of the Iranian sponsored terror attack on

their people and other nationals on Oct 7th by hamas.

https://www.nationthailand.com/blogs/thailand/policies/40036156

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-government-amateur-hostages-israel-hamas-war-3911871

• Agree 2

I miss the times when news here offered a source.

Tried to find to no avail.

Some posters forget that there is a higher instance who could order such measures.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

Thailand has very little strategic value to the West. The country is encircled by Chinese satellites and sympathizers. Mainland SEAsia is a write off. Chinese bases are already in Cambodia, and they're coming to Thailand with the Chinese submarines. Time to reorient US/Western interests to the Philippines and let Thailand live with its choice as a member of the Chinese/Russian/Iranian bloc.

Do you want chineese to have free passage to Indian sea? With Thailands great infrastructure China wil have great access to the Indian sea with support lines through Laos and Thailand. Myanmar have poor infrastructure, and have not same position as Thailand. 

Thailand will be a great hub of economic interests to, so, I think Cia dissagree with your opinion. Usa can not loose Thailand and also working hard to establish long term relations with Vietnam, and keep Phillippines. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Do you want chineese to have free passage to Indian sea? With Thailands great infrastructure China wil have great access to the Indian sea with support lines through Laos and Thailand. Myanmar have poor infrastructure, and have not same position as Thailand. 

Thailand will be a great hub of economic interests to, so, I think Cia dissagree with your opinion. Usa can not loose Thailand and also working hard to establish long term relations with Vietnam, and keep Phillippines. 

The US has already "lost" Thailand. Or, rather, Thailand has already decided to side with Russia/China. No use trying to reverse it. The Thais have made their choice. That's okay. It's their sovereign right to do so. Just don't expect US investment or continued access to US markets. Vietnam, too, is a sham. I've posted recently about the slow moving coup in Vietnam, which has seen the installation of hardline generals who are pro China and have effectively ousted the economic "liberals" in an "anti-corruption" campaign just like the ones Xi runs. Vietnam will never go against China, who controls the tap on the Mekong. So Philippines it is. Japan and the Philippines are the only trustworthy American allies in Asia. I don't include S. Korea or Taiwan as trustworthy, because both of those countries are ready to cut and run. And Taiwan has a pro PRC party in the KMT that already controls its legislature.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The US has already "lost" Thailand. Or, rather, Thailand has already decided to side with Russia/China. No use trying to reverse it. The Thais have made their choice. That's okay. It's their sovereign right to do so. Just don't expect US investment or continued access to US markets. Vietnam, too, is a sham. I've posted recently about the slow moving coup in Vietnam, which has seen the installation of hardline generals who are pro China and have effectively ousted the economic "liberals" in an "anti-corruption" campaign just like the ones Xi runs. Vietnam will never go against China, who controls the tap on the Mekong. So Philippines it is. Japan and the Philippines are the only trustworthy American allies in Asia. I don't include S. Korea or Taiwan as trustworthy, because both of those countries are ready to cut and run. And Taiwan has a pro PRC party in the KMT that already controls its legislature.

To be true, why should they choose Usa? China will give far more wealth if they join in, less conflicts, and for maybe centuries be the leading Empire, just by joining China peacefully. All wars will be every other place on earth, but Asia will be a safe heaven for most. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

To be true, why should they choose Usa? China will give far more wealth if they join in, less conflicts, and for maybe centuries be the leading Empire, just by joining China peacefully. All wars will be every other place on earth, but Asia will be a safe heaven for most. 

Let them choose whomever they want. I'm not arguing the point. But Thailand should not expect the privileges of an American ally, if it's going to side with Russia and China. That's all.

• Agree 1

Good.  It's called diplomacy.  It keeps the "Crazies In The Basement" from starting World Wars with nuclear outcomes.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, milesinnz said:

about time western leaders rattled the Thai leadership... cut trade with Thailand and advise their tourists to go to another country.. there are plenty to choose from and Thailand doesn't want tourists, all they want is their money...

cut ties with thailand..and, what do they trade ecaxtly? china makes everything, russia has all the oil and gas, tourist don't give too s**ts, they just want cheap booze and sun.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

and the USA is far from trustworthy either, they're on a downward spiral, i'm looking forward to BRICS strengthening, bye bye us of arse!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Time to reorient US/Western interests to the Philippines and let Thailand live with its choice as a member of the Chinese/Russian/Iranian bloc.

Vietnam too, even though it is still ruled by a communist party. Yes, it is ironic, but against China's hegemony all should stand together, and Vietnam is China's antagonist.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Chetzee said:

5 day Pride celebration ..... 3 day Butcher of Tehran celebration .....  TIT !

a dichotomy in this post is that Iran would never allow one day of Pride in their country. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

Let them choose whomever they want. I'm not arguing the point. But Thailand should not expect the privileges of an American ally, if it's going to side with Russia and China. That's all.

Cant say Us have used they power wisely either, so we have to wait and see how this develops, nothing is carved in stone yet, 

Can't make this sh!t up. When you think you've seen it all, they always have a way to surprise you.

One of a myriad of things that tells the world whose side they're on. Cobra Gold? US navy port calls? Mere facades and smoke screens that does nothing more than to keep $$ flowing in.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Hummin said:

After Thailand buying chinese subs, do you think they will get F35? 

Like my ole-man said to me as a kid wanting a racing bike for Xmas.

Keep your eye on it son cos you'll never get your ar$e on it.

• Haha 2