Motorcycle Accident in Pattaya Claims Life of a British Man

snoop1130

12 hours ago, DjSilver said:

In Thailand around 20000 people die every year in traffic. And in Sweden a little bit higher than 200 people. That is 100 times higher and Thailand is not 100 times larger than Sweden, only 6.8 times larger.

That would mean, there is something else in the minds of Thais, than on the minds of Swedes.

If Thailand had better driving and traffic education, the death could ne far less. At the same time traffic accidents are at more than 250k.

I don't think Thailand and Thais will ever learn. First the outdated Thai mentality needs to change.

Far more than 20,000 pa road deaths in thailand im afraid, only deaths at the scene of the accident are counted as road fatalities, so reliably you can guess more like 30,000 road

fatalities. Now also consider that 80% of road deaths are motorcycle and pedestrian, I'll let you do the math.

There is a double headed demon here and the Government belongs to both,  no road danger or skills education and no Police that actually serve the road users safety.

Sadly I dont believe that either will ever change, as the people in power have only 1 ambition, personal financial gain

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

I am not sure if you understand where this accident occurred, as it happened nowhere near the 7/11.

The ambulance with the dash cam, shows it route down Soi Nern Plub Wan and there was no flooding.

The CCTV posted in the link to the Irish Sun, was from the beer wholesaler.

IMG_2939.jpeg

I think if anything you got the picture mixed up or the reporting is incorrect!  What I'm going on is the direct information the article stated!

A Soi 24!

B. The two pictures you posted of the Ambulance at night although terrible you see the barriers, that is right at the intersection of Nermpludwan and Soi 24, you picture the first one it isn't noted but there is a 7/11 small one right there! This 7/11 has been there a long time consider to be a smaller one than what they are opening today.

C. You picture ambalance coming from the West, facing East matches up with one of my photos without the barriers in place.

NOTE:  FLOODING OR NOT THE REASON FOR THE ROAD WORK THERE USED TO BE A METAL DRAIN GRID ACROSS THE ENTIRE ROAD THAT DEGRADED AND BECAME DANGEROUS THAT GRID IS PLACED RIGHT IN FRONT OF A BEER BAR NAME HAS CHANGED BUT BEFORE COVID NAME WAS MARYLOU. THE REASON FOR THAT GRID IN THE PAST WATER WOULD RUSH DOWN IN A DOWNPOUR AFTER MARYLOU THEREAFTER ALL THE WATER WOULD SETTLE IN THE FLAT SPOT FLOODING ALL THE BUSINESSES THEY WOULD CLOSE THE ROAD FROM BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Today when I went by not looking at photos posted by anyone I went there and there isn't a drain any longer put in drains on both sides the drains under the road aren't 32-inch cement pipes but square drains so big one can drive a mini cooper through. This method is being used throughout Pattaya on the Darkside years now in Soi Siam Country. Water must still drain through small cement drains but these larger drains hold the water under the road so people don't see the water on the surface and reduce flooding. My guess is what I saw today the work is nearly done so the larger drains must be working.

D. The last picture you just showed is near 1-2 KM, up from the intersection bottom of Soi 24 nowhere near the intersection that was shown in the two photos you provided which doesn't match up with your last one. If you head down the Soi from your last picture when you come to the end that is where the road work is being done and closed on the right would be the 7/11

I suggest you go there instead of pulling photos, all my original responses come from the original story written. Your last photo whoever provided is blowing smoke up someone's butt You see any road work barriers in your last photo.

I remember a year back a reported rape of a farang female jogger at the Lake, the story wrote the jogger was on the Soi Siam Countryside but display a photo of her jogging out from the Choppawithe size.

I stand by my comments and location from the story!

We can agree to disagree but let us not drag it on and take over the thread.  Again Rest in Peace!

Edited by thailand49

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I think if anything you got the picture mixed up or the reporting is incorrect!  What I'm going on is the direct information the article stated!

A Soi 24!

B. The two pictures you posted of the Ambulance at night although terrible you see the barriers, that is right at the intersection of Nermpludwan and Soi 24, you picture the first one it isn't noted but there is a 7/11 small one right there! This 7/11 has been there a long time consider to be a smaller one than what they are opening today.

C. You picture ambalance coming from the West, facing East matches up with one of my photos without the barriers in place.

NOTE:  FLOODING OR NOT THE REASON FOR THE ROAD WORK THERE USED TO BE A METAL DRAIN GRID ACROSS THE ENTIRE ROAD THAT DEGRADED AND BECAME DANGEROUS THAT GRID IS PLACED RIGHT IN FRONT OF A BEER BAR NAME HAS CHANGED BUT BEFORE COVID NAME WAS MARYLOU. THE REASON FOR THAT GRID IN THE PAST WATER WOULD RUSH DOWN IN A DOWNPOUR AFTER MARYLOU THEREAFTER ALL THE WATER WOULD SETTLE IN THE FLAT SPOT FLOODING ALL THE BUSINESSES THEY WOULD CLOSE THE ROAD FROM BOTH DIRECTIONS.

Today when I went by not looking at photos posted by anyone I went there and there isn't a drain any longer put in drains on both sides the drains under the road aren't 32-inch cement pipes but square drains so big one can drive a mini cooper through. This method is being used throughout Pattaya on the Darkside years now in Soi Siam Country. Water must still drain through small cement drains but these larger drains hold the water under the road so people don't see the water on the surface and reduce flooding. My guess is what I saw today the work is nearly done so the larger drains must be working.

D. The last picture you just showed is near 1-2 KM, up from the intersection bottom of Soi 24 nowhere near the intersection that was shown in the two photos you provided which doesn't match up with your last one. If you head down the Soi from your last picture when you come to the end that is where the road work is being done and closed on the right would be the 7/11

I suggest you go there instead of pulling photos, all my original responses come from the original story written. Your last photo whoever provided is blowing smoke up someone's butt You see any road work barriers in your last photo.

I remember a year back a reported rape of a farang female jogger at the Lake, the story wrote the jogger was on the Soi Siam Countryside but display a photo of her jogging out from the Choppawithe size.

I stand by my comments and location from the story!

We can agree to disagree but let us not drag it on and take over the thread.  Again Rest in Peace!

The difference between my comments and yours, are mine are correct. I posted the pictures to try to explain to you where it happened.

Most of your posts are irrelevant details. The accident occurred opposite the beer wholesaler, Soi Map Yai Lia 24, which is about 800 m up the road from the Soi Nern Plub Wan junction, like stated in the original post, I quote “Sawang Boriboon rescuers, received reports about a crash on Soi Map Yai Lia 24”

A CCTV link , to the Irish Sun report, was posted by another poster previously and I provide that link again to show the cameras were form the beer wholesaler. https://www.thesun.ie/news/13014474/brit-57-killed-horror-moped-crash-thailand/

Yes it is pointless continuing a discussion, as you just embarrass yourself with the wrong details as you clearly lack the ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate information.

Edited by Georgealbert

15 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Road rage is extremely common in Thailand. 

I had an older Thai man block my vehicle, get out and try to open my vehicle door before trying to spit in the window, all the while hurling obscenities about foreigners.

This was just for beeping the horn at him.

Well in his mind you started it! 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The difference between my comments and yours, are mine are correct. I posted the pictures to try to explain to you where it happened.

Most of your posts are irrelevant details. The accident occurred opposite the beer wholesaler, Soi Map Yai Lia 24, which is about 800 m up the road from the Soi Nern Plub Wan junction, like stated in the original post, I quote “Sawang Boriboon rescuers, received reports about a crash on Soi Map Yai Lia 24”

A CCTV link , to the Irish Sun report, was posted by another poster previously and I provide that link again to show the cameras were form the beer wholesaler. https://www.thesun.ie/news/13014474/brit-57-killed-horror-moped-crash-thailand/

Yes it is pointless continuing a discussion, as you just embarrass yourself with the wrong details as you clearly lack the ability to analyse, interpret and evaluate information.

I was trying to be nice you not a clue as to the area you sitting behind the key posting picture from other sources By others.

if you had even a bit of common sense would figure out your picture surrounding dont match up. But you right!  cause you didnt go there but got information second hand by bad reporter. SUN!  Guess thay is your GOD might want to get your hesd put of your own canal so you can actually see the Sun.

There is no road work last picture, no barriers, no closure. Go see why make a fool out of yourself and make this about you! 

🤧

33 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I was trying to be nice you not a clue as to the area you sitting behind the key posting picture from other sources By others.

if you had even a bit of common sense would figure out your picture surrounding dont match up. But you right!  cause you didnt go there but got information second hand by bad reporter. SUN!  Guess thay is your GOD might want to get your hesd put of your own canal so you can actually see the Sun.

There is no road work last picture, no barriers, no closure. Go see why make a fool out of yourself and make this about you! 

🤧

Really what reality are you on.

My posts are based on the full facts and reviewing the responders videos from the night.

This accident happened outside the beer wholesaler, the ambulance dash cam at the scene and the google maps image, clearly show the same signage. Images posted again to try to educate you.

I know what I am talking about, you definitely do not.

IMG_5788.jpeg

IMG_5789.jpeg

• Haha 1

Looking at the vid link posted, seems the same ol' story.  Someone driving too fast for conditions (night, rain ?, wet road) and lost control, for what ever reason.

If not driving too fast, almost every situation is controllable, even avoidable.  SPEED KILLS ... again.

R I P

The new-blip in OP is totally ridiculous.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

🤧

Here is the proof for you, This is the video of the rescue foundation ambulance, responding on the night.

I have edited the video, so it starts at the Pussycat Bar and stops as it arrives at the scene, opposite the beer wholesaler, as I do not want to cause grief to anyone by showing the crash and casualty.

So maybe before you start abusing me, you should look in the mirror. I provided all the evidence you need, but you lack the ability to understand. I suggested you drive that way and see for yourself.

I look forward to you apology!

Edited by Georgealbert

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Population of Sweden ... 10+Million

2X more motorbikes registered in Thailand than Sweden has people :cheesy:

image.png.ec4f2204f5cb21bdc7c1af6955a1e3ff.png

Thinking same thing ...

... night time

... raining

... getting passed by MB w/salang

... speed couldn't have been that fast, very bad bounce and or no helmet ?

Lot's of assumptions with no info.  CCTV .. if ever.  Oh well, just another day in the TH ... :coffee1:

R I P 

I saw the CCTV, looked like He just lost control and went headlong into the post.

Regarding registered motorbikes, How many are on the roads here, and not registered. I know in our village 90% do not have numberplates, a good 50% should not even be on the road, and a good 70% are ridden by schoolchildren. Unfortunately, that is the way here, life is cheap.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I saw the CCTV, looked like He just lost control and went headlong into the post.

Regarding registered motorbikes, How many are on the roads here, and not registered. I know in our village 90% do not have numberplates, a good 50% should not even be on the road, and a good 70% are ridden by schoolchildren. Unfortunately, that is the way here, life is cheap.

Agree on both accounts.  After seeing the vid, simply lost it, driving too fast for conditions.

Thankfully on the 2nd, most of those scooters, don't make it too far from the villages.  Spot checks in the metro areas are very effective in that aspect.  Though most vocal members living or not living here, seem to think PoPo don't do anything positive.

Would be nice to have a 2nd shift of traffic PoPo working, as night time enforcement is definitely a bit lax.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Here is the proof for you, This is the video of the rescue foundation ambulance, responding on the night.

I have edited the video, so it starts at the Pussycat Bar and stops as it arrives at the scene, opposite the beer wholesaler, as I do not want to cause grief to anyone by showing the crash and casualty.

So maybe before you start abusing me, you should look in the mirror. I provided all the evidence you need, but you lack the ability to understand. I suggested you drive that way and see for yourself.

I look forward to you apology!

You right!  😂  now can we move on from you?  the man is dead R.I.P. can you understand when someone tells you " agree to disagree, don't high jacked the thread " or do you think that continuing so you have to be right will bring back the dead. If that is the case I apologize and please continue!🤣

• Agree 1

To be honest, the most aggressive drivers here in Patts are Europeans/Russians and those from the Mid east.  I rarely see Thais driving aggressively during the rain.  As a matter of fact, they are very patient with the Indians who walk in the middle of the street with their kids in harms way.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

You right!  😂  now can we move on from you?  the man is dead R.I.P. can you understand when someone tells you " agree to disagree, don't high jacked the thread " or do you think that continuing so you have to be right will bring back the dead. If that is the case I apologize and please continue!🤣

I was one of the first post that offered my apologies, but when you post false information I reply.

It is not about agreeing to disagree, you are wrong. Go there on your bike and have a look.

Yes move on, stop proving your as sharp as a marble.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Taboo2 said:

To be honest, the most aggressive drivers here in Patts are Europeans/Russians and those from the Mid east.  I rarely see Thais driving aggressively during the rain.  As a matter of fact, they are very patient with the Indians who walk in the middle of the street with their kids in harms way.

You're right, I see Europeans/Russians/Mideasterners driving fast in the rain all the time. 

Thais? Almost never. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Road rage is extremely common in Thailand. 

I had an older Thai man block my vehicle, get out and try to open my vehicle door before trying to spit in the window, all the while hurling obscenities about foreigners.

This was just for beeping the horn at him.

you have experienced it personally once..........in how many years? And for that you want to say it is extremely common? Says more about you than you probably realise.

I also didn't say that that it didn't happen - I know it does.......occasionally. 

11 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

you have experienced it personally once..........in how many years? And for that you want to say it is extremely common? Says more about you than you probably realise.

I also didn't say that that it didn't happen - I know it does.......occasionally. 

More than once, several times in fact, over 34 years here.

Had a gun waved at me, had a guy on a motorcycle get off and kick my mirror etc. Lost count of the amount of times of aggressive driving. 

Also saw a taxi driver take an iron bar from his cab and attack a bus driver at 5pm rush hour on Soi 22 in central Bangkok. Bus was full of tourists.

So yeh, road rage is very common here. 

On 5/25/2024 at 9:48 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

More than once, several times in fact, over 34 years here.

Had a gun waved at me, had a guy on a motorcycle get off and kick my mirror etc. Lost count of the amount of times of aggressive driving. 

Also saw a taxi driver take an iron bar from his cab and attack a bus driver at 5pm rush hour on Soi 22 in central Bangkok. Bus was full of tourists.

So yeh, road rage is very common here. 

it seems to follow you around............perhaps you are the the cause as you are the common denominator in each of these miriad of incidents you have mentioned. 

17 hours ago, Jackbenimble said:

it seems to follow you around............perhaps you are the the cause as you are the common denominator in each of these miriad of incidents you have mentioned. 

He has a point... a casual action like beeping a horn can set it off here. 

Posted (edited)

Hard to be sympathetic. Riding late at night in a rain storm, no helmet? drunk? on a 20 year old bike, arguing with a Thai? What could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Henryford
  • Thumbs Up 1