Apology from Pattaya Pub Guards after Assault on Tourists

webfact

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

As always, an incorrect generalisation about Thais hating/loathing foreigners.

I have live here happily for 24 years and counting.

Most Thais that I have met treat me with the same respect with which I treat them.

Some loathe me. Some love me.  Most are not too fussed either way. Much like everywhere else in the world where I have lived.

I feel more sincerely welcomed, as a foreigner, in the Philippines than in Thailand.

I am not saying "All Thais hate us" (I don't have an opinion on that).

But I am saying that the level of sincere welcome for foreigners varies greatly from country to country and even area to area, in my experience.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The guards restored the safety. 

Yes attempted murder restores the safety of what ?    You also posted  about swift punishment Thai style -have the guards been punished?   

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I know Thailand and Thais well enough to state my opinion.

Knowing anything has never, ever been a prerequisite for posting here.

And we're constantly hearing spurious claims to Authority based on this or that BS "qualification."  Just hot air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, but I'm sure that they now realise that not paying their bar bill is something to be avoided and maybe they'll be nicer in the future.

Maybe the Thai guards will run in to 3 Farangs that can throw down and they will be "nicer" in the future.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

As always, an incorrect generalisation about Thais hating/loathing foreigners.

I have live here happily for 24 years and counting.

Most Thais that I have met treat me with the same respect with which I treat them.

Some loathe me. Some love me.  Most are not too fussed either way. Much like everywhere else in the world where I have lived.

The ones that loathe me usually do so because I will not help them to rip off tourists. (I live on Samui where most folk make their money from tourists.)

Fair enuff. Differing perceptions of Thais by different individuals, but "thousands of others" out of tens of millions is hardly a broad stroke, blanket generalization. I've been here happily too and longer than 24 but disagree agree it's "incorrect", as it's what I perceive behind those insincere male smiles. Lots of hang-ups, angst and anger tick, tick ticking...just waiting to💣

Edited by Skeptic7

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When will they realise an apology isn't enough

Exactly, and when you read this in the article........

7 hours ago, webfact said:

the guards are expected to face charges under the Business Security Act.

We all  know that nothing else will be heard of this incident. 

3 hours ago, Ausie11 said:

You like foreigners money don't you, but not foreigners. Without foreigner money you would be hundred years behind living in farms and forests.

And if foreigners don't pay their bills, then where's the money, right?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

This does not happen in the US besides gangs against gangs, and I don't hear about it happening anywhere else besides SE Asia.

You don't need to kick a corpse after all. You seem clueless, so here are some vids to watch (we demand vids and photos if one of our lads is accused) of random violence in the USA:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=random+violence+usa

12 minutes ago, cheerz said:

Love to see how they would brawl solo Three no problem, one they would look away. Gutless act.

Guess I missed something. Wasn't it three Brits against three (smaller) Thais? What about the much-touted difference in penis sizes? 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

. . . with the scale of violence far in excess of what we would see in the west.

No. Missed Antifa and BLM, among others. Watching too much CNN?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You don't need to kick a corpse after all. You seem clueless, so here are some vids to watch (we demand vids and photos if one of our lads is accused) of random violence in the USA:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=random+violence+usa

Clueless is the last thing I could be. I lived there for 62 years, sold guns, lived near major cities, was outside all those years night and day, friends with many policemen, and watched news daily, as i still do here. I never saw any violence whatsoever, although of course it does happen, but most of the deaths involving guns are gang related and suicides, and although there is random violence against innocents, this happens everywhere, every day, but the main difference between the US and here, is the huge increase of corruption here, along with the lack of law enforcement because of that corruption and money involved. Posting links of violence that happens in the US is nothing compared to what actually goes on here daily, which most will never hear about, because they don't want to lose tourist dollars, although they will, because this news gets to the US daily.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

If one suffers a severe concussion, as I assume Mr White did, one is not out of the woods for a few days. There is likely bleeding in the brain and quite possibly some blood vessels have been weakened or damaged by the kick. Someone so concussed could get up and walk away, but suddenly drop dead hours or a day or two later.

Further creation of rumor by one of our "just the facts, ma'am" posters often deluding himself with self-congratulations over his strictly evidence-based summaries.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well they should be charged, but they are Thai and belong to a mafia group of thugs for hire.

Nonesense. The farang in the doctor-kicking case wasn't charged until the victim decided to press charges. Enough with the silly bashing. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

Not according to the latest report from Thaiger.

Witnesses reported that the victim lay motionless for several minutes before being taken to intensive care, where he remains in critical condition.

if you check the link you will see that's garbage

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hunkidori said:

In the better days you may have had the odd incident involving ladyboys but nothing on this level. Actually the girls could normally deal with unruly  customers themselves 

However, incidents have always been occurring on Walking St.

quality2.jpg.fefee8515451225823cfde131e23c1bd.jpg

Brits on WS

And there's been more police presence. I assume conditions changed on Soi 6 to warrant more enforcers.

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Clueless is the last thing I could be. I lived there for 62 years, sold guns, lived near major cities, was outside all those years night and day, friends with many policemen, and watched news daily, as i still do here. I never saw any violence whatsoever, although of course it does happen, but most of the deaths involving guns are gang related and suicides, and although there is random violence against innocents, this happens everywhere, every day, but the main difference between the US and here, is the huge increase of corruption here, along with the lack of law enforcement because of that corruption and money involved. Posting links of violence that happens in the US is nothing compared to what actually goes on here daily, which most will never hear about, because they don't want to lose tourist dollars, although they will, because this news gets to the US daily.

Ridiculous The US has far more violent crimes than Thailand total number and per capita.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

the main difference between the US and here, is the huge increase of corruption here, along with the lack of law enforcement because of that corruption and money involved.

You probably didn't notice, but the USA has become extremely corrupt in the last couple of decades. It's merely a different kind of corruption, leading to the vast increase of violence you also haven't noticed.

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Posting links of violence that happens in the US is nothing compared to what actually goes on here daily, which most will never hear about, because they don't want to lose tourist dollars, although they will, because this news gets to the US daily.

Actually most never hear about the true number of violent cases in the USA because it's suppressed by legacy media organizations in bed with the political left, who don't want to lose votes and donations. It also never gets to the US daily, which is why you've remained clueless.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

You are truly double trouble...a Trumpster cultist and Thai apologist. SMFH.

Suppose you believe this savage attack is "well earned" too. 

Hua Hin thugs savagely attack British family. Straight punch to the old woman's face, followed by a "death kick" to the head, while she's down.

If this is the video it sounds like I believe the oldsters foolishly threw the first blows in this episode.

It's about a decade? old.

(May be wrong - I haven't bothered to login to YT.)

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to justify what unfolded - but I've never had ny head kicked in in Thailand presumably because I don't run around throwing punches at the local population.

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1

Superb - So now we all know that as foreigners if we gang up and kick the living daylights out of a couple of Thais, all we have to do is apologise, wai and all is forgiven correct?  In light of this inccident I am struggling to see why all the fuss was made about the Swiss man kicking the Dr in the back. By the standards and consequences applied to the three guards here, all the Swiss man should have done is said sorry to the Dr. and given her 20 baht compensation - Revoking his visa, investigating his business and trying to wreck his life for a single kick and a bit of verbal seems huge overkill by comparison. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2