British Expat Arrested For Punching and Killing Russian Man

webfact

Posted (edited)

In this country, if you are a young male and likely to defend yourself/wife in such a situation, then you should have a lawyer's number in your phone and call them immediately. Additionally, you must never admit you did it or hit them - you say nothing til the lawyer arrives. If the POlcie push the matter and demand an answer (they can here) you state that you defended yourself/wife against sexual/assault.  You dont say you hit them, you say you defended yourself against assault - and state that you/wife were assaulted and that you dont recall clearly what happenned because you were so scared for your life.  The guy is an idiot (obviously), but he doubled down on his stupidity by admitting it and aplogising. 

As an 'old guy' I would defintiely be walking away with the wife and leaving the premises - and not saying anything to offend (especially not to a Thai). If I/wife was atacked physically and we could not walk away, then and only then would I defend my/ourselves.  And I would never admit any wrongdoing - but at my age more likely I would wake up in hospital/on floor (if I did). 

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The only good Russian …. etc. 

I don’t blame the Brit for reacting that way towards someone who was sexually assaulting his wife. 

It didn’t say he sexually assaulted her, it said he made sexual advances. He could have been flirting or talking suggestively. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, the Russian totally deserved to die after making advances towards a common Pattaya prostitute.

How do you know she was a prostitute ? many people work at night in Pattaya, selling food etc. or maybe it was their bar that she stayed till closing up.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

It states that the Russians wife was in attendance so why would he make sexual advances unless he had other ideas ! 

Plenty of stories about private swinging pool parties in the Pattaya area, maybe this was one of them.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

The Khasosod English article mentions a daughter, presumably Mr. Ricki and Ms. Mod are the parents.

Very confusing...

Ms. Mod revealed details of her husband’s statement to the police, saying that while people at the party were drinking until they were drunk, Mr. Igor began to make flirtatious comments toward their daughter, even though Mr. Igor’s wife was also at the party.

The Russian man then began to sexually harass their daughter, walking up to her and whispering in her ear that he wanted to have sex with her. This angered Mr. Ricki, who punched Mr. Igor in the face once, causing him to fall to the ground.... อ่านข่าวต้นฉบับได้ที่ :

His Facebook page says he single, but does show photos/videos of his daughter.

https://www.facebook.com/ricki.williams.90/

Edited by bbko

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The only good Russian …. etc. 

I don’t blame the Brit for reacting that way towards someone who was sexually assaulting his wife. 

No alledged self-defense.  This is no accident it is an assault leading to manslaughter.   No fine for this.   Prison time for the Brit.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

don't really know what went on here but sounds like the russian was insulting his wife, if that was me i'd reach a point after warning the russian to f ###, I'd hit him a slap, unfortunately he was so drunk he fell and hit his head, protecting your wife from a drunk <deleted> is something I would do also

Walk away is the answer... no problems

why hang-out with a piss-head with no respect.

Now the guy is done and his missus must be worried sick about the future.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

he was so drunk he fell and hit his head - sorry but this was his own fault

RIP

Yes he asked for it, but that's not how the judge sees it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

The Russians wife was there, and yet he still tried it on with the brits wife, says a lot for his character. 

It's now reported that the Russian was actually harassing their daughter.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

There's a big difference between 'started behaving inappropriately' and 'sexually assaulting the wife'

in any case, sadly, and i do feel sorry for the hot headed brit that it's got out control and theses are the

results as fists never solved a problem, only create new, worse ones.. AND hopefully after

all that his wife will still be around when he gets out...

She is probably getting ready to up her TF account.  Money is important he is in jail....

27 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

It's now reported that the Russian was actually harassing their daughter.

Yes I know that now, whispering in her ear what he wanted to do to her.

Typical Russian behavior IMO, rape, pillage & drunk. Would fit right in, in Pootins army. 

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Got a nice imagination there champ.

Here's a better one.

What was he doing with his daughte and a prostitute r at 2am pool party?

Who was the prostitute ? the Russians wife ? I think you are the one with the imagination.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

IMG_20240527_184358-1024x576.jpg

A young British man was detained in Pattaya after his punch resulted in the death of a Russian man at a pool party. The British man allegedly hit the Russian because he made sexual advances towards his wife.

As we reported earlier today, Igor Yasilyev, a 36-year old Russian, was attacked by a foreign individual he met at a social event in a Pattaya villa. The incident happened at 3:16 AM at a villa situated in View Point Village on Soi Chaiyaphruek 1 in Banglamung.

Yasilyev was punched in the face by the suspect, he fell and hit his head on the ground which caused him serious injuries. Despite efforts to rescue him, Yasilyev later passed away at a nearby hospital.

The Pattaya City Police Station superintendent, Pol. Col. Navin Teerawit, along with his investigation team and other authorities, were ordered to find and arrest the offender this afternoon at 1:00 PM.

The suspect was identified as Ricky Aaron Williams, a 35 year-old British man. Following the incident, Williams was found at his house in Sattahip District, Chonburi Province.

The Pattaya police gathered evidence and secured an arrest warrant for Williams, accusing him of a deadly assault. He was then captured at a gatehouse located around 10 kilometers from the villa. He was taken into custody at the Pattaya City Police Station for further interrogation.

Williams’ Thai wife, who goes by the pseudonym Miss Mod, shared that before the events unfolded, her husband had asked her to come to a pool party. She left early to go to work, but returned when her husband texted her after 2 AM.

After having too much to drink, the deceased, Yasilyev, allegedly started behaving inappropriately towards her despite his wife being present at the party. According to Miss Mod, her husband punched Yasilyev when he made sexual advances towards her.

Williams has accepted responsibility for throwing the fatal blow and has expressed regret for his actions, apologising to the Pattaya police and the public. He is in police custody at the Pattaya Police station for alleged involvement in a fatal assault.

Photo courtesy of The Pattaya News

So far Miss or Mrs Mod is outside the discussion of inappropriate behaviour, because if the Russian man made these attempts, was there no clue his prey was already occupied ? The story doesn't really tell, did she make it unequivocally clear any advances were unwelcome, (or was it more the opposite) ?  Don't just assume Mr Williams and his wife have verbally made it clear the offences by the Russian man were unwelcome, I even wonder the Russian man knew about her being married. The story doesn't make clear what happened prior to the punch, and I am just curious to know the conscience of Mrs Mod.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-28

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Henryford said:

He should get a medal

You are probably one of the kind of miserable men who think that conflicts can only be solved with violence...disgusting:coffee1:

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1