I was bored out of my mind in Pattaya

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Finances probably. I would be in the south of france right now.

what would you be doing in the south of france?

problem is you need to tolerate yourself wherever you go. not that easy, depending on who you are. 

On 5/29/2024 at 3:47 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Well I'm going back to Australia tommrrw after spending 7 weeks on off in Pattaya 

And I'm looking forward to going back !

I done my study of the retired single guys here living in small rooms in both View talay and Arcadia Beach resort and what a booooring life everyday 

Waking up , in a small room ,some yes same without balconies

Waking up toddling down to the pool , staying all day on ASEAN then as my newly found old friend I met at Arcadia resort does ,he can't wait till the bars open so he can go get drunk and waddle Home in the evening to sleep and do it all again 

Some even sit ALL day at a cafe bookshop to get company 

What a boring life 

I'm so bored I can't wait to mop the hospital floors on my next shift on Sunday 

Waking up , doing nothing all day 

Ok for a few weeks but please please don't sentence me to 20 years of it 

No thanks not for me 

I need to do something in my retirement,sit by a pool is  ok for a couple of days but no I'm not going to sit at hard drinking like these drunken old fools I see everyday 

Even opposite I see a mini mart  with drunks sitting outside drinking beer all day same guys

,same guys unfit looking shirts off in the evening after drinking the cheap mini mart beer they drunkenly go up to their rooms 

Maybe ok for a 75plus single guy but please you are just wasting days 

haha, pretty much summed up 50% of AN members in 1. Pattaya is sleeze capital. full of OAPs that think they are legends in their flip flops

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

what would you be doing in the south of france?

problem is you need to tolerate yourself wherever you go. not that easy, depending on who you are. 

yes it is that easy with the money. i need to get out of this hell hole to somewhere with clean water and classy people. i will send you a report when that happens.

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Why would you run around with a 20kg bag, they invented taxi's a long time ago.

Most 20 kg bags have wheels...

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

yes it is that easy with the money. i need to get out of this hell hole to somewhere with clean water and classy people. i will send you a report when that happens.

If you want classy people, you're on the wrong continent.

For clean water, there's water filters on Lazada.

Yeah, keep me posted. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

If you want classy people, you're on the wrong continent.

For clean water, there's water filters on Lazada.

Yeah, keep me posted. 

I don't care about classy people but where I live, we drink water from the tap.

2 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

I don't care about classy people but where I live, we drink water from the tap and sum up our thoughts in a single word, because that where our IQ reaches ours limits.

Are you obtuse? My fridge has a higher IQ than you ffs.

8 hours ago, Hummin said:

Without my wife, I would be bored to death to! 

Simple as that, and no, not just any girl cuold replaced her! 

Many men are the same i see them dragging their GFs around with them all the time. A friend of mine felt lonely on his own do happy dragging her around

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

I don't care about classy people but where I live, we drink water from the tap.

I think he was referring to the ocean water.

But anyway, I bet you any money Mr Tripper moves to South of France and then comes on here and complains that the French are too snooty. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Water is cheap to buy. Try Hua Hin, nice place. Lots of beaches.

Edited by susanlea

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

You miss the point of retirement. It means not working. Relaxing all day without worry. Going out occasionally to do something different. I agree with your assessment of sitting in a room all day bored. But who said they were bored? Also, did you see if they do this 365 days a year? 

I am retired in Thailand. I have my daily routines and mostly it is at home with my wife and kids. I travel with them several times a year, Travel alone several times a year. Do what i want, when i want and how i want. Sex who I want. My week goes by very quickly as well as the months. Very seldom do I feel bored but when I do, I go out and do something I have never done before. Even though i am retired, I still feel young and full of vitality. Not many retirees in US or other countries can say this or show it in their actions. 

I think you misjudged the people you watched rather than asking them if they are happy with their lives. I would bet most would say yes. As for their places to live, it was a choice they made. Perhaps a better choice than having your kids put you in a old people nursing home which could and most likely would happen in your country. 

So have a happy life in your country getting old. I think when that happens you will be worse off than the people you saw in Pattaya. Hopefully you will rot in your recliner there and the spider webs will accumulate on your crotch from lack of use. But, I know for sure you not find yourself in a better position than the people you have so cruelly judged in Pattaya. 

The only difference between a good day and a bad day is attitude. You seem to have it figured out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Many men are the same i see them dragging their GFs around with them all the time. A friend of mine felt lonely on his own do happy dragging her around

😉

Getting old aint that bad as couple.

My point was, Thailand become boring alone, and sharing interests with my wife have ben great. 

You sound bitter the way you reply, and make it sound negative.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thesetat said:

You miss the point of retirement. It means not working. Relaxing all day without worry. Going out occasionally to do something different. I agree with your assessment of sitting in a room all day bored. But who said they were bored? Also, did you see if they do this 365 days a year? 

I am retired in Thailand. I have my daily routines and mostly it is at home with my wife and kids. I travel with them several times a year, Travel alone several times a year. Do what i want, when i want and how i want. Sex who I want. My week goes by very quickly as well as the months. Very seldom do I feel bored but when I do, I go out and do something I have never done before. Even though i am retired, I still feel young and full of vitality. Not many retirees in US or other countries can say this or show it in their actions. 

I think you misjudged the people you watched rather than asking them if they are happy with their lives. I would bet most would say yes. As for their places to live, it was a choice they made. Perhaps a better choice than having your kids put you in a old people nursing home which could and most likely would happen in your country. 

So have a happy life in your country getting old. I think when that happens you will be worse off than the people you saw in Pattaya. Hopefully you will rot in your recliner there and the spider webs will accumulate on your crotch from lack of use. But, I know for sure you not find yourself in a better position than the people you have so cruelly judged in Pattaya. 

Being in pattaya is not going to stop you from needing an old folks home. You would just end up in the view talay room with no help, or in a similar old folks home. People are in care facilities because they are too old to care for themselves.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Being in pattaya is not going to stop you from needing an old folks home. You would just end up in the view talay room with no help. People are in care facilities because they are too old to care for themselves.

Do you have regular hobbies?

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

😉

Getting old aint that bad as couple.

My point was, Thailand become boring alone, and sharing interests with my wife have ben great. 

You sound bitter the way you reply, and make it sound negative.

not bitter at all,it just smacks of desperation men dragging a fake girlfriend round with them 24/7

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, susanlea said:

What activities keep you busy?

It's different for each person. My activities will not satisfy you. You need to find activities that are special to you alone. Good luck.

• Confused 1

On 5/29/2024 at 3:53 PM, georgegeorgia said:

I watch one old guy every morning sit at that mini mart opposite Arcadia resort with the other drinks he then waddles up to his room in a stupor 

Sounds like a great life 😁 I wish I could afford so many beers every day, Pattaya's weather is just perfect to drink beer all day 😅

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It's different for each person. My activities will not satisfy you. You need to find activities that are special to you alone. Good luck.

aren't you busy doing nothing?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You have come for a short stay, a holiday. 

You don't have family here and you don't have a vehicle. Hanging out by the swimming pool and sipping coffee at the coffee shop will not satisfy you. 

I understand why you are bored, sadly there's hundreds of your type living in a 30m² room above a soi Buakhou bar, drinking themself to death waiting to die.

Thailand has been my home for a couple of decades. I have a family, Ducati's, cars, scooters, golf clubs, gym membership etc., I'm never bored, if I do have a spare hour I'm off on my PCX, cruising from North Pattaya beach road following the coast around to Na Jomtien. If the weather is good, afternoons, I'll go for a ride on my Ducati, through the rainforest in the hinterlands of Pattaya. 

Most times I'm transporting my children here and there. 

It's unfair that you blame Pattaya for your boredom. 

Enjoy your mopping. 

I don't even know what a Ducati is ,it's a motorcycle??? Or sports car ?

I'm not interested in cars ,I live in a apartment in the City , I don't like driving .

I'm not interested in materialistic stuff ,you are ,I don't like to spend money .

I have money in my superannuation but I don't want to spend it 

In fact when I was in Pattaya ( I'm now back in Australia) I kept a list of my spending.

Some of my boredom was I admit....yes I admit was ... because I refuse to spend money ... at bars etc 

I bought my t shirts for 40 baht at  the Soi Bukhao markets 

I like going to the gym to lift weights

I like walking from Jomtien to Pattaya ,I done it a few times ,not easy 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

So you are leaving Pattaya for better activities? 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I'm slightly confused.  Why would you do something you don't want to do?

If you don't want to move to Pattaya, don't move there.  If you wouldn't mind moving there, but you'd like to stay active and not drink, then do that.

There's no law saying what you have to do if you live in a certain place.

Maybe Bangkok is better for me

..as I got older 60, I have my NEEDS far different from 20 years ago.

"*I want to retire to a safe environment where J can walk safely at night 

*I want to be close to public transport 

* I want to be close to food markets , shopping places 

* House or Condo ,although I prefer  a house with a small garden 

*I like going to museums ,bookshops , secondhand shops , cafes but not Starbucks 

*I like the gym and have to be close to one 

Edited by georgegeorgia