Who's going to the Philippines then?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Depending on what part of the Philippines your in.

Duamagette,Palawan ,Boracay ,Cebu are the nicest in my opinion

The PI is not as humid as Thailand.  Cebu temperatures stay about the same year round.  Not too much rain during rainy season compared to a lot of other places.  I don't have much interest in the other places you mentioned.  Dramaguette has lots of power problems and that's a deal breaker for me.  And then there is all the expat drama there.  Doesn't sound like the kind of expats I want to be around.

Edited by shdmn
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, shdmn said:

One thing not often mentioned about the PI is that it's not as humid as Thailand.  

It actually is higher humidity in the Philippines, being on the coast. Thailand- 68-72%, Philippines-72-82%

Edited by fredwiggy

17 hours ago, bob smith said:

That's got to be the most unfunny reply I have read so far this year.. 

Bob. 

It wasn't meant to be funny.

If it's inaccurate, perhaps it'll spark you to grow up a bit and show some maturity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It actually is higher humidity in the Philippines, being on the coast. Thailand- 68-72%, Philippines-72-82%

There are no coasts in Thailand? 🤔 

Edited by shdmn

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, shdmn said:

There are no coasts in Thailand? 🤔 

I don't know where you are getting your numbers but it's not like the humidity is exactly the same everywhere you go.

Those numbers are the averages, the coasts are usually higher humidity..........https://weather-and-climate.com/

Edited by fredwiggy

On 5/30/2024 at 4:05 PM, bob smith said:
On 5/30/2024 at 4:03 PM, PFMills said:

Bob, if you go please still post on here or you will be sadly missed ….I really look foreword to perusing your drivel …

I will mate!

just for you.

love bob.

For the benefit of the rest of us Bob, maybe you could just send PFMills a PM?

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shdmn said:

The PI is not as humid as Thailand.  Cebu temperatures stay about the same year round.  Not too much rain during rainy season compared to a lot of other places.  I don't have much interest in the other places you mentioned.  Dramaguette has lots of power problems and that's a deal breaker for me.  And then there is all the expat drama there.  Doesn't sound like the kind of expats I want to be around.

Maybe they just invent all that drama to bring attention to Duamagette 

Look , you know obviously this will be the place to invest for the future ,cafes ,hotels etc 

The point we must make is....the people from UK are using the Philippines more because...they get increases in their Old age pension,unlike in Thailand.

The Americans I believe don't even have to have a bloody visa 

I'm sick.of it ,I really am !!

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

BOB, I thought a month or two you left Thailand for good then two days later you started posting again like I really believe you left nobody miss you, BOB if you go to the Philippines

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Sorry, I see no direction to your post, but my point was that it is safer in Thailand for a foreigner (who doesn't cause any problems) than it is in the Philippines because of a higher level of violent crime and robberies in PI. Nobody will argue that. 

On 5/30/2024 at 4:21 PM, Sandboxer said:

Lived there over a decade and moved here about 5 yrs ago. Moving back soon. Thailand is/was a nice chapter in my life, but It's just "easier" there in every aspect of life. Especially culturally, if you're from the US.

The negatives and positives are similar in many ways.

A major upside - rawdog is the norm^^

My 2nd choice of country for my retirement was the PI.  I lived there for 7 years and loved it.  I am a certified scubadiver and the waters of the PI are literally crystal clear.  At night, 140 feet deep one can still see the moon clearly (if it is shining and above you).  Golf is readily available.  People are friendly.  Food - any kind nowadays is available depending on where you would live.  The weather is much like near

the beaches of Thailand with winds off the ocean.  Only problems - active volcanoes, typhoons, floods, strong earthquakes, and that is what decided me on where to go!  If I did have to leave Thailand though,

I would definitely consider the PI.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/31/2024 at 12:41 PM, In Full Agreement said:

I heard from one source that Bob's Actually a boy who recently celebrated his 10th birthday.

This is the real Bob:

35f1916ae74d90db8764ce7fbaa3b47c.jpg.753512a4062666df9f5fdd2b638e48f1.jpg

On 5/30/2024 at 6:35 PM, ChumpChange said:

Perfect place for you Bob Scat. Food is shiite, prossies up the wazoo, English accents annoying AF, filth of the highest order, violent crime highest in SE Asia, awful infrastructure, typhoons, religious evangelism, wholesale poverty, what's not to love about it? Just promise us you won't come back. And, if you forget to write us about it, no worries; nobody will even notice. Good riddance. 

I sense a modicum of sarcasm in your comment, but one of the advantages of the Philippines is that they do all speak English, admittedly with an accent, but everyone has an accent!

This means doing anything at Government offices, like immigration is much easier, all the forms are in English and they can speak English, no need to take a local or wife with you, that has to be good!

2 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Nothing to worry about, just minor details. U tink too mutt. 

Well, all of the negatives were periods that I experienced those very natural problems so am still well aware of them.

On 5/30/2024 at 3:44 PM, bob smith said:

anyone else had enough of all the silly games here?

i've got a sack full of cash in the safe that's just collecting dust.

never been to the Phils but by god them women look amazing.

friendly too!

and good english levels.

temptation is very high at the minute.

anyone else feeling the same way?

bob.

Have fun there Bob.. Last time I was there i saw many very old men like you with 18 year old wives following behind their old husbands and although not a single one looked happy. They were dressed to the 9. I am sure you too can find one happy to spend your money and lay with you (maybe not so happy) there

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

You can only "harm minimise" your chances of street robberies 

I must admit I felt pumped up or adreline flowing when I walked upm& down the Manila subway all the way from Abdo Santos to Taft Ave station...I loved the feeling...the fear ...the looks...the strange environment....I loved that feeling ...just the fear of the unknown...it's hard to describe 

Anyone want to join me in about September to do it all again?

Do you mean Abad Santos?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

The Americans I believe don't even have to have a bloody visa 

Not just the Americans. Most people can arrive on a 30 day visa free, extend it to 59 days and then keep extending, at a cost, upto 36 months when they can leave and then re-enter and start again

• Haha 1

Doesn’t seem like the Russians or Chinese experience any problems in Thailand……wonder why that is??? The nice Chinese are building Thailand a beautiful high speed rail line. Just like the one in Laos and Cambodia…..till the payment is late!

13 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

What’s really rubbish is their local cuisine like chicken adobo and all the other awful Philippino food they eat over there. 

you've got a chip on your shoulder!

bob.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4