Drunken Bar Brawl Leads to Scotsman Being Hit by Car in Pattaya

webfact

27 minutes ago, shackleton said:

This has to stop drunken farangs getting Pattaya the sin City of the world a bad reputation 

More needs to be done to get better quality foreign tourists  and get Pattaya back as a family destination looking at Temples.

The beach good restaurants  and so on rather than bars ect 

A concerned guest

Thailand like any other countries has their ‘party city’ where boys will be boys to let off steam and raging hormones. The only difference is to have good preemptive control over late night escalations with good medical services and security on standby as used during concerts. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Seems some here are in denial. 

It was a brawl, between the 2 foreigners. 

That's why the Scot ended up on the road, he was fighting. 

These negative comments should remove, all the bloody comments I see regarding the negativity towards this news article, NOT those who wish all a good morning and have a nice day etc. 

It's the moaners that get rewarded here again. 

Seems you are the one in denial. There was no brawl. His friend pushed him into the road.

The night took a dramatic turn when witnesses reported seeing the friend push the Scotsman into the street, directly in the path of an oncoming car.

Pushing someone is not a brawl.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, sumongkhwai said:

Inebriated Scotsman, isn't that a tad redundant? And, not sure why they calling the other guy his "friend". Maybe just another inebriated Scotsman lending a hand so to speak?

I think you will find every part of the world have drunk people of a night and scotland and Scottish people are no worse or better. However, I have found Scots don't really put up with gob~shi£s so be careful when out.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, easydoor said:

Almost every day we read about drunken British men. All over the world they have the same bad reputation: getting drunk and make trouble and fight. Once off they island, they have no limits. We had in the past the same problem with them: they came to Belgium, did get drunk and made trouble.

Strange people I say.....

I live in Thailand for many years, in a non touristic area with no real bars. When there is a problem, you can witness: it is with a BRITISH. 

Who goes to Belgium unless they have to?

• Haha 1

I've got a Scottish mate who lives in Bangkok. Him and his Mrs were walking along Sukhumvit and passed by a swanky new restaurant.

"Did you smell that food?" she asked him. "It smells absolutely fantastic"

Being a kind hearted, generous Scotsman, he thought "What the hell....I'll treat her!"

So they walked past it again....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Heavily inebriated, the Scotsman had an altercation and was left to navigate his way home with a friend.

Cartoon funny two men are walking drunk Royalty Free Vector

"Hey you Jimmy, give us a light" (then wallop!)

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

People underestimate how dangerous alcohol is despite one horrific incident after another involving alcohol making the news.

Getting drunk in a bar full of strangers or frienemies is the worst thing you can do.

- Alcohol lowers inhibitions, so you are more likely to insult others or get into fights

- Alcohol can bring up repressed anger

- Alcohol makes you lose your capacity to defend yourself or think clearly

That's a dangerous combination and people need to understand that getting drunk in bars is a high-risk activity

Have you ever thought about changing your screen name to Save the Brits? 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mlkik said:

This happened in Soi New Plaza between Soi Buakhaw and 2nd road. The report says the Emergency services arrived quickly and that is a lie. It happened opposite Maew burger and I had time to order and eat my burger and chips before the ambulance arrived.

It happened before I arrived but Maew did not mention that he was hit by a car only that another farang had decked him.

Looking at the road surface and adjacent bar it certainly looks more like New Plaza than Buakhao.

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Doesn't appear to be a drunken bar brawl , seems more likely to be some  drunken guys playing about 

"Heavily inebriated, the Scotsman had an altercation and was left to navigate his way home with a friend. The night took a dramatic turn when witnesses reported seeing the friend push the Scotsman into the street, directly in the path of an oncoming car."

A heavily inebriated "unexploded" Scotsman can not be reasoned with - even friends or family are at risk!

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

No brawl, just a dodgy friend pushes his dodgy friend into the path of a car, it's what they do when drunk

See previous post!

8 hours ago, thesetat said:

Probably a Brit. What makes you think the other guy is also a Scotsman?

You do know (of course you do!) that a Scotsman is a Brit? As is a Welshman, and an Englishman and people from a certain part of Ireland?

The other guy is obviously a Scotsman, because none of the above would be within spitting distance of an inebriated (unexploded!) Scotsman! 🙂

Unless of course he's a Russian! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Guess you didn’t eat the headline?

I have no idea what 'eat the headline' means. I read the headlines, and then I read what follows, and in this case what followed was a report that after leaving the bar one friend pushed the other and he fell into the road. It may have been in fun. We don't know as the witness doesn't say. But pushing a friend in jest isn't unusual, and in this case the injured man lost his balance, possibly helped by the fact he was drunk. There was a reported altercation at the bar, but that did not lead as the headline says to the victim being hit by a car in the street. They were two separate incidents involving quality tourists that Thailand is so skilled at attracting.

• Like 1

In his friend's defence I am sure he was holding him back as he lurched towards the road , but did a runner because his actions might be interpreted as an act of aggression.

22 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Another Brit in troubles. Every day. Endless stories.🙏

I suspect more Thais were hit by vehicles that day in the country. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

And what has this to do with those Brits? Nothing!🥴

26 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

And what has this to do with those Brits? Nothing!🥴

If you wanted an idiot to answer your question, you got it!