Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

50 minutes ago, Thailand said:

No prison for Trump, the absolute ideal punishment for him would a minimum of two years house arrest, ankle bracelet, highly restrictive travel and weekly probation submissions!

a former us president will not go to a jail, it will be house arrest if anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, G_Money said:

Nothin wishful.  Confirmed fact.

But it’s having a reverse effect.  52 million raised in 24 hours.  More to come.

Not bad for a “Convicted by a Kangaroo Court “ Felon.

😂.............Well, for sure there are a lot of fruitcakes out there........😂

Oh and, 52 million what, Big Macs, Red ball caps, condoms for your leader............🤣

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

a former us president will not go to a jail, it will be house arrest if anything.

If fact, link please.....?  🤔

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

dont think so as the Fed appellate courts have no jurisdiction until the state runs its course.

FECA's preemption law makes clear that it supersedes any state election law so maybe.

The jury instructions were that there are 3 "unlawful means" on the table and all that is required is that each of you jurors agree on at least one them of them,

So it is possible if not likely that the case is predicated on a violation of Federal law.

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

When you cant beat them, jail them.

Notice the heroes in the Democratic Pantheon:  Che. Mao. SJP. Columbia Students. SDS. George Floyd. Hamas. Yasser Arafat. Castro. Stalin. Boudin. Ayers. AOC. BLM. Joy Behar. Mike Cohen.

The enemy: Trump.

Thats his best endorsement

You left out Robert DeNiro, the overrated has been actor.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

I'm guessing this was DECADES ago. You do understand that procedures and punishments change over time, right?

Yes, of course, though not necessarily more strict, if taking TH as an example.   Death sentence were handed out quite often.   Now if you confess to even the most heinous of murders, it seems to be an 8 yr sentence.

Smoking a doobie no longer gets you put in jail, or even arrested when at home.

Texas use to be 10 yr for minor pot possession ... go figure.

Much has been relaxed, do to prison over crowding in the USA.  So possibly quite the opposite of what a few are implying.

Some states, you can walk into any store (barring Fed regulated) and walk out/steal what every you want under a certain amount, which used to be a felony, is not just a desk ticket to appear in court.

Your 100% correct ... things have changed.

My observations anyway, and surely opinions will differ :coffee1:

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, G_Money said:

But it’s having a reverse effect.  52 million raised in 24 hours.  More to come.

Agree and does seem to have a silver lining.  Certainly not what I expected & posted earlier.  

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Hes getting some serious Wall Street Money now too. Off to Silicon Valley later today, and he has some serious tech firepower (Musk, Dimon, Theil)

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

how many politicians use the word 'fight' when speaking to their supporters?..... remember how many misinterpreted 'bloodbath' 

So I guess he REALLY Tweeted for them to come to DC saying "It'll be WILD!", and told them to "march to the Capitol" and "fight like hell" and "you'll never get your country back being weak", and "if Mike Pence does the right thing (sic)",,, were really just advice because the Capitol was having special sales on decorative logo'd coffee mugs and key chains?

And why did he sit idle watching the violence on TV for 187 minutes, doing nothing and not calling out the National Guard---which he had sole authority to do? Why did he sit idle despite everyone watching around the world hearing "Hang Mike Pence!" and with the erected gallows visible for all to see?

I do not expect a rational answer, so consider this just rhetorical.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, transam said:

So it was false info, guesswork, again................:coffee1:

i have read it before,  feel free to google it now, you will be bombarded with a media frenzy about Trump, i am not going to scroll through pages of sensationalised nonsense to provide you with a link.  i'd recommend you skip the fist 5 pages to find a more rational down to earth article

• Haha 1

Just now, frank83628 said:

i have read it before,  feel free to google it now, you will be bombarded with a media frenzy about Trump, i am not going to scroll through pages of sensationalised nonsense to provide you with a link.  i'd recommend you skip the fist 5 pages to find a more rational down to earth article

So you don't have a link, why don't you just say so, it was a guess...............:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

FECA's preemption law makes clear that it supersedes any state election law so maybe.

The jury instructions were that there are 3 "unlawful means" on the table and all that is required is that each of you jurors agree on at least one them of them,

So it is possible if not likely that the case is predicated on a violation of Federal law.

Im not disagreeing in a theoretical sense, all IM saying is that the Appellate Dvision gets first crack at it. The FECA issue is like a Hail Mary, there are so many other issues of error that it should go through its course.

The Chief Judge of the First Department is a long time Legal Aid attorney and Federal Public Defender. She has seen more hijinks from .gov in her career than 99% of the public.

Now what would be interesting is if say, the Florida Attorney General commenced an action under Florida Law but in Federal Court against Bragg, et al under Florida civil rights law. If you want the statute I can give it.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

The FECA issue is like a Hail Mary, there are so many other issues of error that it should go through its course. 

Hail Mary OK. However if they so choose SCOTUS could expedite like Bush v Gore 2000.

As DA Bragg often insisted: This was not a hush money case -- this was a (Federal) election interference case.

Edited by jerrymahoney

16 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Hes getting some serious Wall Street Money now too. Off to Silicon Valley later today, and he has some serious tech firepower (Musk, Dimon, Theil)

So how much of the inflow will go to his campaign, and how much will be shifted to paying his legal bills and fines?

I suspect Todd Blanche will owe Elon a lunch or two.

Oh, and how many votes do Elon and Peter Thiel get? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

So you don't have a link, why don't you just say so, it was a guess...............:coffee1:

go ahead, search away. 

former Presidents get secret service security, are they going to be in there with him? trump in an orange suit flanked by MIB?

2 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

go ahead, search away. 

former Presidents get secret service security, are they going to be in there with him? trump in an orange suit flanked by MIB?

It would be a good idea if you didn't post something you cannot back up........:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

Just now, transam said:

Of course, you will............🦍

Yes we will!

And I love the FACT that you or anyone else can do nothing to stop us.

Your new shovel isn’t so shiny anymore. Is it?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

go ahead, search away. 

You're having difficulty distinguishing facts and (your) opinion.

My opinion: Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell.

Why? Americans, in general, and certainly those in positions of power, don't have the guts.

F.i. Garland can solemnly declare that the DOJ follows the facts and the law, but it took him a year and a half to gather enough courage to let someone else to investigate the facts. Effectively kicking the can so far down the road that the federal indictments got thoroughly bogged down, exactly in the election season.

Purely on instinct I'd say that Merchan will issue a probation sentence, probably three months or something light like that.

Edited by Presto
  • Agree 1