I need to do a Pattaya/Cambodia visa run tomorrow - any recomendations?

The agent I normally go through does not have enough people for the run and cancelled. Any suggestions? Need to go June 3rd. Looking for a decent van with 'vip/luxury' seats.

5 minutes ago, B0nkers said:

NVM... I'll find another source for help. This forum has constantly been a childish experience for me. Just can't get a straight answer to anything here. 

Hey man I just sent you a private message with the number of the company I use.

I agree with your comment about this forum also.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, B0nkers said:

NVM... I'll find another source for help. This forum has constantly been a childish experience for me. Just can't get a straight answer to anything here. 

Only agents I know in Pattaya who do "vip luxury" are five star visa runs or 1st class visa runs.

59 minutes ago, B0nkers said:

Need to go June 3rd.

You know that this is a Thai public holiday and all Thai consulates etc will be closed on this day.

Of course a border run (out/in) is no problem.

• Like 2

How much are these services nowadays? I just did the run in my own car to ban pakkad. Cambodian visa was 1200 baht. Of course gas. I honestly can’t remember anyone charging me anything else. I get good mileage maybe my gas was 1000 baht at most. So 2200 total for my run. 

29 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

How much are these services nowadays?

Outlined in thread I posted earlier.

That was a pick up vip 3,700b 

Can obtain cheaper 

Posted (edited)

I flew out via air from Bkk when I did mine. The travel agent services from pattaya felt sketchy at best. A couple places told me vans only go if fully booked then I get transfered to another service if underbooked, etc. I was afraid of delays or over/under booking on the vans. They are also very rushed and disorganized when you book. Could not miss the date on my crossing since another year was at stake.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Get a Bolt taxi to Ban Pakkad for about ฿4k return, and next to the little coffee shop and convenience store is a young Cambodian girl who'll walk you through the border and back for ฿2k. 

Not particularly cheap, but at such short notice your options are limited.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VrMZevNqnVYRnz6Z9

Edited by sabai-dee-man
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, sabai-dee-man said:

Get a Bolt taxi to Ban Pakkad for about ฿4k return, and next to the little coffee shop and convenience store is a young Cambodian girl who'll walk you through the border and back for ฿2k. 

Not particularly cheap, but at such short notice your options are limited.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VrMZevNqnVYRnz6Z9

Sounds like a  pretty good gig for the young Cambodian girl.

19 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

How much are these services nowadays? I just did the run in my own car to ban pakkad. Cambodian visa was 1200 baht. Of course gas. I honestly can’t remember anyone charging me anything else. I get good mileage maybe my gas was 1000 baht at most. So 2200 total for my run. 

Aren't there literally signs on the wall at the Cambodian immigration offices that the visas are free and not to pay for them?  And you spent $28 on gas to get to the Cambodian border?  Both of your expenses sound completely unrealistic.  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, HalAndLois said:

Aren't there literally signs on the wall at the Cambodian immigration offices that the visas are free and not to pay for them?

I doubt it, that wouldn't make sense. There IS an official fee for the Cambodian visa on arrival, $30 for a tourist visa.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

1200 baht would be for the Cambodia Visa so she only gets 800 of the 2k baht (or less if she has to pay off officials for waiving the stay 1 night rule).

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks all. I found a little shack along the beach in Jomtien open until 9pm and booked through him. Russian fellow.  Honestly, was teh best border run in a van I have done to date. He just books for whoever owns the company that actually owns the vans. Price was 2800 if I remember correctly. Previously I was using a decent service that charged 3700. Better quality stops on the way back, same stop in the way to. Pickup from hotel... although I don't like that because if you're in teh first to be picked up you gotta drive all around Pattaya picking up the others. I wouldn't trust bolt at that hour of the morning, my fears would be that they haven't gone to bed yet. 

Something interesting... no one was getting the new 60 day stamps. All 30 day stamps. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

2800 is not bad. I thought people were reporting way more than that in the past

There are many 9 seater vans for about 2800-3000. The VIP 6 seater vans run from 3700-4500.

On 6/2/2024 at 3:34 PM, Daithi85 said:

Hey man I just sent you a private message with the number of the company I use.

I agree with your comment about this forum also.

I have had a lot of help  from AN posters over the years, of the current regular posters there is only one who I would not recommend, he knows who he is.

17 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

2800 is not bad. I thought people were reporting way more than that in the past

The company I use is 2600 and very good service. 

On 6/3/2024 at 5:17 AM, In Full Agreement said:

Yeah, not bad. She makes ฿500 out of it.

The visa itself is ฿1200, but you're supposed (apparently) to stay 24hrs. There's a ฿300 handshake for them to process you in/out at the same time. YMMV on this, but I remember doing the Cambodia run with a mate in his car before, years ago, and him (stupidly) arguing with the immigration officer about. It's definitely a thing!