Fugitive caught after 16 years, taunting police on social media

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Since the warrant, Wuttichai had been evading capture, frequently changing jobs. His luck ran out when he posted a provocative message on Facebook, mocking the police’s inability to catch him. In his post, Wuttichai dared the police, claiming no authority could apprehend him. He even disclosed his location, boasting about his evasion skills.

“Which cop dares to arrest someone like me? I’ve been wanted since 2007. No cop is brave enough. I’m in Ta Khun; come if you can.”

We came, we saw, you're nicked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“Which cop dares to arrest someone like me? I’ve been wanted since 2007. No cop is brave enough. I’m in Ta Khun; come if you can.”

What an idiot .

• Agree 2

If you are a fugitive, staying under Thailand’s law enforcement radar is not difficult unless you put yourself in the limelight. Thai police need inducement to work hard. This guy’s Facebook certainly in social media brings a black face to law enforcement. There is one thing Thai police hate more than losing money opportunities …losing face. 

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Sounds like he was sick of running but was too proud to just hand himself in.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Guess he was not so smart, or just tired of running and hiding and wanted to get caught.